Flight changed!

BillsFanGabe

Im going to WDW in November and my flight coming home from orlando to rochester, ny has been changed, it was orginally scheduled to leave orlando at 6:17 pm and they changed it to 12:06 p.m. I was like what the heck Airtran. So I said that we didnt want to come home that early so i called WDW, because we booked the airfare through them and they said that they would gladly change our flight for us for free since airtran changed our flight, so we got the latest flight wich is 6:07 p.m., and the castmember said to us that we should keep our original tickets coming home, so were using different tickets for a different flight but same day, anyone else had this happen to them before?

tigsmom

Try checking Jet Blue out of Westchester, New York. It's not much farther than Newburgh for you and we got better prices to Orlando (for July).

And hour or better depending on the bridge traffic, which can come to a complete standstill at certain times of the day.

I wish JetBlue flew into Tampa (or had direct to Sarasota/Bradenton).

Upvote 0

miles1

And hour or better depending on the bridge traffic, which can come to a complete standstill at certain times of the day.

I wish JetBlue flew into Tampa (or had direct to Sarasota/Bradenton).

Oops. I need new glasses- I thought the OP was driving from Mass., not upstate New York. The two airports are equal distance for me. This is the first time we've gotten direct flights from Westchester; I hope it goes well.

Upvote 0
Airtran changed the time on my outgoing flight to WDW this September but I was notified right away when it happened by Priceline.com which is where I bought my tickets online. I'm hoping that if there are any more changes Priceline will keep me posted.

That just seems shocking that they don't notify people about flight changes! They must deal with angry customers all day long. I can't imagine how many people just assume they still have a flight for the time they purchased it for.

Why is Airtran so flawed?

Upvote 0
wow spoke to soon they change my flight to an earlier time and don't notify me , i change it to a later flight and now checking my flight about 14hrs later it dosen't exist anymore. i hope jetblue releases feb 2009 soon so i can get a refund from airtran and book with them.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

wow spoke to soon they change my flight to an earlier time and don't notify me , i change it to a later flight and now checking my flight about 14hrs later it dosen't exist anymore. i hope jetblue releases feb 2009 soon so i can get a refund from airtran and book with them.

Since they are pulling out of many markets I think many more flights are going to disappear. Out flights for August 16th and the 24th are still intact....for now. I can change coming home, but there is no other flight in the timespan I need for the 16th.

Upvote 0

imamouse

Some friends of mine booked with Air Tran for their annual trip to WDW last year. While they were on vacation, Air Tran moved their return flight back by 7 hours :eek:. Of course they weren't notified and found out about the change after they took DME to MCO. What gets me is why didn't someone from the resort airline check-in desk say something like, "I see you're heading to the airport pretty early. Since your flight isn't for 8 hours, would you like me to schedule a later DME bus for you?"

I dunno - it just seems like something could have been done. These poor people had to endure 7 hours at MCO with a 3 year old. I just wish it had been prevented.

As for me - Air Train changed my direct flights to connecting ones (different times, of course) and robbed me out of 1/2 day on property. I called and worked with the agent and she did her best to put me on more acceptable flights. Then, when I arrived at the airport, they were able to put me back on the direct flight down to MCO (I was able to switch back to the direct flight coming home when I called) and the plane was only half full. What the heck was up with that? :fork:

Bottom line - I will never fly AT again - even if it means paying a couple of hundred more to use a more stable carrier (if there is such a thing these days).

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

I just think that all of this changing flights times and cancelling flights without any notice to the paying customer is rediculous and unacceptable. There shouldn't be any confusion at all. Yesterday I was so mad that they pushed back our flight to MCO for november almost 7 hours, that I couldn't even get on the phone with AirTran, my mom did it because I would have flipped. I am thankful that we got it all worked out, but now who knows if it will change from now until then...its rediculous. I feel bad for those who just found out that their booked flights are non-existant now because airtran stopped flights to certain cities. I believe that since we pay in full right away, there should be no mess like that even happening.

It's like once they get their money from people, everything's in their hands and they can do whatever they please...(including screwing everything up for us travelers)

Upvote 0

shmmrname

Our flight was also changed. The key change being that our return was no longer a nonstop flight.
This will be our first time flying, after much convincing of my wife. One of her sticking points was nonstop flights. So, needless to say, she was livid.
She called and re-booked a nonstop flight the day of the change.

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

I am SO glad I read this.
I booked through Air Tran for my October trip.

I just checked after reading this and our 8 am departing flight got changed to 2pm!!! I am also counting on that first day to be a park day so I was not happy.

I just called and they got me on an 8 am flight again. What I don't understand, is if they have this 8 am flight to put me on, why did they change my time at all??? SO ridiculous!
The lady was helpful, but of course this can just happen again between now and then. I am pretty upset about it. I also received no confirmation, she said that an email was sent to me on June 4th. It most certainly was not. Then they just emailed me my new change and I received it in 1 minute. So if they had emailed me on the 4th I would have gotten it. I check my email about 10 times a day.

I am extremely nervous now, and will be checking often. I paid for certain seats as well, so what happens if they change it and then I can't get my seats either?

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

flight change!

After reading through this thread I went to Airtran and checked my flight status; you guessed it, our flight to MCO had been drastically changed from a non-stop to 2 stops and not arriving at MCO until almost 9 pm. :eek:I got right on the phone and they changed it so that we have only one stop, I'll live with that, and we're arriving now at 11:05 am. I asked on the return flight and they said that it wasn't going to change, but I assure you that I will be watching it like a hawk!!! So I guess it will be okay as we're arriving earlier.

Upvote 0

bgoebel

My flight has changed too. Dayton to Orlando (arriving and departing flight). So far we are okay with the times. Going to keep checking back and make sure these times stick.

Upvote 0

bigedefd

Well guess what its not just Jetblue and airtran, I booked flights for 4 on Delta in Jan. those have been changed THREE times so far. Including Flying out of MCO and Cincinnati at the same time. When I called to check on the first change I got someone that did not speak English and could not understand my Down East accent, after fighting with her for 10 mins I finally hung up and called back. I threw a fit and demanded I speak to someone in the US. They then forward my call to Atlanta and I talk to someone there. told her I could not leave MCO and Cincinnati at the same time. She changed the return flight but we are losing 4 hours in FL, I did not want to rush that flight back but oh well. So before she hung up she told me to keep an eye on things they probably will change it again. Sure enough they have done it twice, so I will keep my eye on my itinerary and go with the flow.

Upvote 0

MinnieLee

Thats why we fly SouthWest:wave:
Airtran would be nice with the ME but they can never beat SouthWest times and $$ out of Indianapolis. Now if SouthWest would just square away the ME details for the return flights with Disney

I have been wanting Southwest to join ME for the longest time. Best airline we found to fly. I have been asking Disney to sign up SW but I have been told a couple of times it is not possible because SW does not have assigned seating.

Upvote 0

susan5027

Here's just a heads up to others about flights. We found out this morning our flight with Delta had been cancelled!!! This was also our 180 day mark and I was up this morning at 3:30am to make dining reserv's at 4am west coast time. My husband was on the phone for two hours convincing Delta, who wanted to happily refund our cheap airfares of $520 round trip knowing that rebooking a new flight would now cost us around $1000 a person! :mad: He managed to force (beg?) them to reroute our return flight from Orlando to Atlanta, then to Salt Lake, then to Fresno. We lost an hour out of Orlando on our last day as compared to Delta's desire to give us a flight out at 7:30am on our last day. I envy those of you on the east coast. Being on the west coast we lose a day going and now we were losing a day coming back home. We have had problems on every trip to Florida regarding changed schedules. This one is by far the worst so far. Everyone, please continue to monitor your flights and seats!!! Watch out for overbooking as well.

This has surely been an eventful 180 day till we're running to the MK from the Contemporary!! Oh Mickey, take me away from all this mess!

Upvote 0

jsfra209

AirTran is NOTORIOS for pulling shennanigans like that. Be very careful when booking with them. You have to be on top of your reservations and check their website hourly the day before you leave.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

We have flown with Airtran before and never had any problems until now. I am still so shocked at how many of us this is happening to. I did not expect so many people to be in the same boat as us, or even worse than us getting their flights cancelled and having to pay EXTRA!!! I will be watching our flights every single day now up until our trip in November. I wonder how long it will take for these airlines to deal with unhappy customers till they go crazy, like we are...because I cannot wait!!!!

Upvote 0

Rob562

Well, after going through flight changes on AirTran for both myself (only flying AirTran *to* MCO from BOS, flying JetBlue home) and the friend joining me on my trip in September (flying round trip on AT out of DCA), I thought it was over. My flight down had been moved up 20 minutes, my friend's non-stops had been changed to connections in ATL, leaving at 6:30AM. In both instances, it took weeks to get any confirmation from AirTran.

Well, the changes continue...

Now, my friends's flights have moved 30 minutes later to 7AM, which I guess is OK, as he doesn't have to be at the airport so early. But, MY flights were moved two HOURS earlier! I now leave Boston at 7:15AM. At least it's still a non-stop. I'd been planning on using the subway to get to the airport (cheap parking), but to get to the airport early enough, I'll need to ensure that I'm there for the first or second train into the city at 5AM... Either that, or hopefully I can find someone to drive me at that hour.

Before, my friend was arriving before me, and was going to wait around in the airport for me to arrive. Now, I get to sit around waiting for him.

So far, no notification from AirTran. All of the flight numbers stayed the same, so there's no need to rebook us on different flightsl. These changes have all happened since last Wednesday, because I checked all our flights then (and have a confirmation e-mail from AirTran showing my friend's schedule). It'll be interesting to see just how long it takes to hear something from AT...

-Rob

Upvote 0

nepalostparks

Airline Time Changes

Having worked in the travel industry as a travel agent, hopefully this will provide some insight:

Generally, the rule of thumb when I worked as a travel agent was that if the airline changed flight times by more than 15 minutes (earlier or letter), thet were to notify you directly, whether by phone or email of the change. I can't remember if that was a set in stone policy, or more of an industry standard.

If the change was less than 15 minutes, no notification was sent out by the airline. Small changes are quite common; with so many flights in and out of different airports, small shifts in scheduling occur all the time, from the moment you book until you actually take off/land.

What sometimes happens is this: Over the course of a week or two, your flight time will be changes by 10 or 15 minutes each time. So a 12 minute change on Monday, and a 13 minute change on Wendesday, and so on... no notification, because they are all less than 15 minutes. A few weeks of that, and you're off by an hour or more from your original time.

The sad truth is, you have to check on your flights. Often. I check my flights at least once a week, usually every few days.

If a huge change is made, you should be notified. But the responsibility ultimately is that of the passenger. If a major change in scheduling is unacceptable to you, call as soon as you can and try to make changes. The earlier you do, the better chance of getting what you want.

And if you get an agent who is less than helpful, try to be as polite as possible and let them know you will call back shortly. Then hang up and redial, and hopefully you will get someone who is more helpful. Be careful not to get too worked up... the agent types notes into your reservation which travel with it to the next agent... that name calling you just did might come back to haunt you on your next call in.

On a personal note, Delta has changed all of our flights in September. Mostly just a few minutes here or there, but one of the legs moved a total of a half hour later. No notice of course, because it was done in three seperate small time changes.

Crazy, isn't it? Good luck to everyone!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom