Flight changed!

BillsFanGabe

Im going to WDW in November and my flight coming home from orlando to rochester, ny has been changed, it was orginally scheduled to leave orlando at 6:17 pm and they changed it to 12:06 p.m. I was like what the heck Airtran. So I said that we didnt want to come home that early so i called WDW, because we booked the airfare through them and they said that they would gladly change our flight for us for free since airtran changed our flight, so we got the latest flight wich is 6:07 p.m., and the castmember said to us that we should keep our original tickets coming home, so were using different tickets for a different flight but same day, anyone else had this happen to them before?

Rob562

I was searching a question about Southwest on Wikipedia and this was at the bottom:

New service
Southwest announced that they will be participating in Disney's Magical Express program in Orlando, FL. The program allows passengers to check their bags through from their home airport through to their rooms at a Walt Disney World resort.[45]

I always use Southwest to get to Disney, and the bags are waiting in our rooms. However, we have to check them in ourselves when leaving, does this mean that should change????

Don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia...

The only thing that has ever been said publicly, to the best of my knowledge, is that Southwest has been in discussions with Disney for at least a year to join the DME service. But so far they haven't even gotten to a testing phase...

-Rob

Upvote 0

sissa216

actually, things worked out for me (in my favor) :shrug:

I've flown Airtran a handful times, and they've always changed my flight (within a half hour or so)

So I booked the cheapest non-stop flights I could find on our dates ($79) at times we would be ok with,
but assuming they would change, giving me the ability to choose whichever flight we wanted that day.

They changed our outgoing flight by a little less than an hour.
I called and said that flight wouldn't work for us, so now we are now taking off 8 am on our arrival day, 12 hours earlier.
And on a flight that is now $199 (and was never the $79 deal that I got)

Coming home, the flight time didn't change; we are on the latest non-stop flight that night. However, the price did jump to $179 in the meantime.

All in all, having watched their prices on our flying days several times a week, we saved $440 between the two of us,
and now have an extra 12 hours of vacation.

But that's just our experience...I see others aren't so lucky :(

Edit: and of course, as soon as I said that, I went to check the flights.
The times are still the same, but they are now on sale for $104 for the first time in weeks
(recently, all the other times were on special, but mine weren't)
Oh well. I still saved $100 overall :hammer:

Upvote 0

nepalostparks

So I had to take some of my own advice I gave above...

Delta managed to make some serious schanges to my flights. My flights to Orlando got shuffled by about an hour (earlier) which means we leave at 6:20 a.m. Early, but just as well.

However, our return flights were, shall we say, really messed up. Orlando to Atlanta 4:00 p.m. to 5:33.... and Atlanta to Wilkes-Barre 12:50 pm to 2 something. On the same day. Which means our connecting flight was leaving Atlanta four and a half hours before we got there to catch it. :brick:

Thankfully, a call to Delta and almost no hold later I spoke to an agent, and we shared a laugh over the scheduling. Computers are great, no? Well, unfortunately, our evening flight from Atlanta to home was altogether cancelled. So after a few minutes of options, we are now staying an extra day and coming home the next evening.

Disney helped out too, extending our reservation by a day (for the appropriate charge, of course). But they also extended our free dining promo because of the circumstances. Kudos to Disney for doing the right thing.

So, all told, we're spending an extra $225 on the room and the car for the extra night. And the flights we are on now with Delta are currently selling for $626 a ticket.... I bought our original flights for $250 a ticket. So I don't feel so bad. We have better times and shorter layovers too.

Funny thing is, I checked the flights Saturday morning, and they were fine. 10 hours later, I was bored and checked again. Even on Saturdays, they are moving things around.

Now all I have to do is figure out where to eat and get an ADR for our extra night! Wish me luck! :hammer:

Upvote 0

Rob562

Well, it turns out that AirTran moving my flight two hours earlier worked out for me after all... (And not well for Air Tran...) Long story short, I was originally booked on AirTran from Boston to Orlando, and JetBlue Orlando back to Boston. Last week, AirTran moved my 9:15AM flight to 7:15AM and hadn't notified me, plus a 7:15AM flight would be rather difficult for me to catch.

I happened to check JetBlue yesterday, and amazingly the exact flight I'd originally wanted had gone on sale. So I immediately got on the phone to AirTran. Even though the ticket was non-refundable, they agreed to cancel it and refund the money to my credit card because it had been moved so early, and it's the only non-stop all day.

I continued booking the JetBlue ticket, which is at a more respectable 8:30AM departure, and it's only $15 more than the AirTran ticket had been (which is a very fair tradeoff for in-flight TV and more legroom than AirTran). Plus, JetBlue seems to notify people of flight changes VERY quickly...

Also, my friend's flight and my flight are only 25 minutes apart, opposed to 45+ before. So I'm very happy. :sohappy:

-Rob

Upvote 0

WildLodgeFan

Well, it turns out that AirTran moving my flight two hours earlier worked out for me after all... (And not well for Air Tran...) Long story short, I was originally booked on AirTran from Boston to Orlando, and JetBlue Orlando back to Boston. Last week, AirTran moved my 9:15AM flight to 7:15AM and hadn't notified me, plus a 7:15AM flight would be rather difficult for me to catch.

I happened to check JetBlue yesterday, and amazingly the exact flight I'd originally wanted had gone on sale. So I immediately got on the phone to AirTran. Even though the ticket was non-refundable, they agreed to cancel it and refund the money to my credit card because it had been moved so early, and it's the only non-stop all day.

I continued booking the JetBlue ticket, which is at a more respectable 8:30AM departure, and it's only $15 more than the AirTran ticket had been (which is a very fair tradeoff for in-flight TV and more legroom than AirTran). Plus, JetBlue seems to notify people of flight changes VERY quickly...

Also, my friend's flight and my flight are only 25 minutes apart, opposed to 45+ before. So I'm very happy. :sohappy:

-Rob

Glad it worked out for you Rob!

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

Had to bump this thread....

Airtran flyers, check your flight schedules again!!!

I was bored and decided to check Airtran's website to see if the price had gone up since we booked in early June, 4 R/T tickets Boston-Orlando for $209 each. The flights I purchased were nonstop each way. (we have 2 young kids and do not fly unless we have nonstop flights) About a month later, the times were changed. The times were actually better, so all was fine.

Well, I checked again just now, and.... our nonstop flight to MCO was completely gone! :eek: There were no nonstops at all. And our return flight, which when I bought the tickets was departing MCO at 8 a.m., then got moved to 2:30 p.m., now doesn't depart until 6 p.m., arriving in Boston at 9. Completely unacceptable.

I called Airtran, and the agent confirmed that there was a schedule change and that there were no nonstops to Orlando on our departure date. She gave me a full refund to my CC. I am off now to book with Jet Blue. :rolleyes: I will never again book with Airtran. This was our first, and most definitely last, encounter with them.

Upvote 0

majorrfb

Airtran

Had to bump this thread....

Airtran flyers, check your flight schedules again!!!

I was bored and decided to check Airtran's website to see if the price had gone up since we booked in early June, 4 R/T tickets Boston-Orlando for $209 each. The flights I purchased were nonstop each way. (we have 2 young kids and do not fly unless we have nonstop flights) About a month later, the times were changed. The times were actually better, so all was fine.

Well, I checked again just now, and.... our nonstop flight to MCO was completely gone! :eek: There were no nonstops at all. And our return flight, which when I bought the tickets was departing MCO at 8 a.m., then got moved to 2:30 p.m., now doesn't depart until 6 p.m., arriving in Boston at 9. Completely unacceptable.

I called Airtran, and the agent confirmed that there was a schedule change and that there were no nonstops to Orlando on our departure date. She gave me a full refund to my CC. I am off now to book with Jet Blue. :rolleyes: I will never again book with Airtran. This was our first, and most definitely last, encounter with them.

AIRTRAN is now very unpredictable this was not always the case. But beginning about 2 months ago nothing seems to be secure, in terms of flight status or that they will be still in business at your favorite airport.:shrug: Good luck:hammer:

Upvote 0

MickeyspalJim

We too have been going through this with Spirit air out of Atlantic City. We recieve email updates on flight changes. Luckly, I looked closely to see that We too were switched to an ealier flight that day, which caused the misses to take a few hrs. off from work to get to the airport earlier. Then days later, another email to see that our trip was changed again to a 1 stop flight. We called and complained and got put on another flight which caused Me to have to take a whole day extra off from work to make this early morning flight. Then the same thing happened just 2 days ago with the return flight, first a change in time, then the 1 stop shuffle again. We called again and changed our flight to a nonstop that has Us leaving Disney 3 hrs. earlier. That stinks! Use to be about 4-6 flights available per day, now they seem to only have 2 flights to offer. Must be having a tough time getting passengers. Just be sure to keep a constant check on You resies, cause You never know if it will be changed and if You are using Magical Express, they need to know these changes as well.

Upvote 0

WildLodgeFan

Yep - received an email from AirTran this weekend - they changed our flights again - we are arriving an hour and half later and unfortunately it's the earliest arrival flight for the day. :fork:

Upvote 0
AirTran changed our flight for tomorrow night and DID NOT notify us! No call. No email. Nothing. I found out only because I called again to confirm that everything was all set and see if we could check in online. The guy couldn't find my flight number and then tells me that the flight I'm on no longer exists. He then figures out that I'm on a flight that leaves 8 hours earlier, which we cannot take because DH is working tomorrow. The only other options he gives us are to leave one entire day later!!!

I'm so angry. :mad: We would have just arrived at the airport tomorrow night, taking an expensive cab ride, ready for our midnight red-eye only to find out we missed our flight by nine hours. We would have missed an ENTIRE DAY out of our WDW trip because they neglected to notify us.

I found another flight through US Air for $200 more and bought it. We checked in online and our trip is now back on track. AirTran is going to refund our money, but STILL, I'm angry. :fork:

I have to let it go though, so I can enjoy my trip. I'm just glad we diverted a disaster.

I strongly recommend that everyone here AGAIN, check your AirTran flights.

OK, deep breath. I'm heading to Walt Disney World tomorrow night!

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0
I like Air Train b/c they're cheap, but I think their service is declining. We went two weeks ago and I had scheduled non-stop flight down there. About 3 weeks before our trip they said we now had to stop in Atlanta which was adding another 2 hours onto our trip. Although not a HUGE deal, it was annoying b/c I monitored the tickets/pricing like a hawk and worked very hard to get the best deals on a non-stop flight down there.

It just cut our time down on the first day we got there - wasn't super pleased.

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

My DH flies Jet Blue into Orlando and if theres any changes, he gets a email about a month prior to the trip.

Next Trip - January 2009

Upvote 0
I'm convinced that AirTran just schedules a ton of flights, advertising all sorts of great schedules and departure times luring people into booking their vacations with them, FULL WELL KNOWING that they are going to cancel half or more of these flights and just consolidate people onto whatever flights they feel like. And then you're LUCKY if they even tell you they've changed your flight at all.

If you read through this one thread alone, it's pretty obvious that this is their business M.O.

And it's shady and wrong and basically makes any amount of planning or scheduling you do around your initial flight irrelevant. I hate AirTran.

Upvote 0

bayoumoon

It's not just Airtran that is canceling flights. I'm flying American and have been notified that I already have a flight change. Southwest is also cutting over 600 flights this fall. So if your flying call your airline and verify your flight information. Happy Travels:brick:

Upvote 0

Grim Grinner

The wife and I are heading down on the 13th, departing from O'Hare Airport-hopefully. AirTran has changed/canceled our flight 5 times thus far. They keep on trying to put us on connecting flights instead of nonstop.

That's a major sticking point for my wife.

We've been monitoring our flights nonstop, waiting for the other shoe to drop. I doubt that we'll use them again. They were fine last year, but this has been ridiculous.

BTW-I can't wait until Saturday...Epcot (Center) here I come!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom