FLE vs. Cars Land...

TP2000

If (or when) RSR is a runaway success TDO might think about moving ahead with the DHS version they have planned.

I hope that means pushing the DHS park boundaries way out (to the south?), and going whole hog on Cars Land in its entirety with the full Cadillac Range, the town with all the shops and restaurants or snack bars and Luigi's and Mater's attractions, etc.

I'm not sure how you could just do Radiator Springs Racers, which is a physically massive indoor/outdoor attraction, without having the entire 12 acres to support everything else that makes up Cars Land.

kashmir

Completely agree. They're just spinning rides. If a ride basically consists of spinning in a proscribed space, there's no way it rises above a C-level.

I don't disagree, but that's my favorite kind of ride - aside from rides with a backstory (real or implied) like Haunted Mansion! :D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well if RSR is going cost $350 mil i don't think they would spend that much for DHS, with the FLE and all, I don't see this kind of money for a ride in WDW.
The RSR fee for DCA includes R&D, site prep and the like. A clone wouldn`t be nearly as much.

Plus IF it were built in DHS the huge Ornament Valley backdrop is likely to be missing. The show building would have minor work to disguise it but there would be nothing on the scale of DCA as it stands.

tomes1225

The RSR fee for DCA includes R&D, site prep and the like. A clone wouldn`t be nearly as much.

Plus IF it were built in DHS the huge Ornament Valley backdrop is likely to be missing. The show building would have minor work to disguise it but there would be nothing on the scale of DCA as it stands.
Didn't think of that, you really don't have to worry much about show building theming seeming as though everything else looks like movie studios. The rocks probably cost the most.

Just my two cents here, I like the fact that Carsland will be in DCA. People took Rt 66 to CA, not FL. But the flipside is, most eastcoasters go to WDW not DL so I can only hope that one day I can get out there to see it when its complete! Or at least pics...
I wouldnt underestimate the FLE. Disney is good at what they do and Im sure it will be beautiful. Cant wait for the mine train and Storybook Circus!!
Also, everyone is correct in stating how Disney keeps bringing back their characters for the newer generations, which Im sure they will do with Cars. Just look at Jake and the Neverland Pirates. Cap Hook and Smee, Izzy has Pixie dust, Peter Pan was mentioned several times,...;)

TomHendricks

My wife and I were just discussing Cars Land. My two year old son is addicticted to everything and anything Cars. We have gone to DL once, for one day because we were in San Diego for a meeting. While I'm okay with it being in CA only, just means we will have to goto DL more often now.

Skipper03

You forgot that Cars Land also has Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, a spinning whip-ride where tractors do a "square dance" to an animatronic Mater calling out square dance calls in the middle of the ride. :D

Mater's Junkyard Jamboree - Cars Land
maters-junkyard-jamboree-disney-california-adventure_56287937.jpg

Cars Land has three rides, a collection of restaurants and shops, and some of the biggest and most ambitious "placemaking" architecture and Imagineering in any Disney theme park. It's been reported by Disney insiders that Radiator Springs Racers budget alone is just over 350 Million dollars, just for that one mega-E Ticket ride. Cars Land as a whole costs over a half Billion and is designed to put DCA on the map, because quite frankly DCA needs it as the least visited Disney theme park in America.

On the flip side, the FLE project is designed to repurpose existing space and boost overall park capacity in the most visited Disney theme park in America.

The two projects, while similarly sized from an acreage perspective, and quite differently budgeted and are designed to do different things for their respective parks. It's an easy thing to compare them as they both rise from the ground at the same time and head towards a 2012 opening, but they are really quite different animals with different reasons for being. It's not really fair to compare them so closely, and they each have their own merits.

Very well put! Thank you for the fantastic explination.

JustInTime

Would DHS' RSR be the same length or a smaller version?

RSR is too similar to Test Track. I am not saying it won't happen, but they are too similar. I would rather get an extended Pixar Place with Monster's Inc. Coaster and Newly Relocated Pizza Planet (converting the old area to a Muppet area with Pizza Planet becoming Swedish Chef Restaurant). Just my .2 cents.

cheezbat

I think we would see that proposed Monsters Inc coaster before we would see a clone of Radiator Springs Racers...but who knows what other Pixar related additions may make there way over to that section of the park before that.

danstadnik

Original Poster
RSR is too similar to Test Track.
An aversion to similarly styled rides hasn't stopped WDW from having 4 spinners...
Not to mention that there isn't a big difference in the ride style from one omni mover to the next, one boat ride to the next, etc. But that doesn't mean that "Its a Small World" and "Pirates of the Carribbean" are similar rides.
Pixar just gets bigger and bigger and I think DisneyParks need to recognize that in every way they can. And I think that DHS is the perfect place to house ALL Pixar attractions! Buzz Lightyear and Monsters INC should be out of MK, and maybe in someway moved over to DHS. And CARS should be represented there as well, even if we had another situation where the Florida Radiator Springs Racers was like the Florida Pirates of the Caribbean when compared to their California counterpart.
Ok, that was my $0.02 on the subject!

lazyboy97o

RSR is too similar to Test Track. I am not saying it won't happen, but they are too similar.
Test Track is pretty much just that, a demonstration and showing off of technology. The story is weak at best. How many would really bother with it if the Speed Test segment was not there? Radiator Springs Racers, while also built around the speed portion, does it in a race format and should offer up a more compelling story.

JustInTime

An aversion to similarly styled rides hasn't stopped WDW from having 4 spinners...
Not to mention that there isn't a big difference in the ride style from one omni mover to the next, one boat ride to the next, etc. But that doesn't mean that "Its a Small World" and "Pirates of the Carribbean" are similar rides.
Pixar just gets bigger and bigger and I think DisneyParks need to recognize that in every way they can. And I think that DHS is the perfect place to house ALL Pixar attractions! Buzz Lightyear and Monsters INC should be out of MK, and maybe in someway moved over to DHS. And CARS should be represented there as well, even if we had another situation where the Florida Radiator Springs Racers was like the Florida Pirates of the Caribbean when compared to their California counterpart.
Ok, that was my $0.02 on the subject!

I would like to see it. I am just saying if I had to chose which we got, it would be Monser's Inc. coaster. Simply because I would like for Disney World to get a new themed, dark coaster. They are my personal favorites.

Make that .3 cents for me. :wave:

misterID

I have no problem with the same ride tech being used in different parks. I'd take both RSR and MI attractions at The World. Matter of fact, I would trade TT for either one of those rides. But I'd have no problem with having all of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom