FLE + DHS Carsland + Avatar

raven

I don't think anyone is unhappy. What they are saying is that they want something unique for WDW, not a lift from another park.

Space Mountain was unique to WDW but look at all of the different versions that were made because it was a good ride.

If something is good, share it.

rkelly42

I would see carsland as a great addition to DHS. Think of all the people who do not or can not make the journey to DL and are not able to enjoy carsland. This is a great addition in my opinion, if the rumors are true that is.

alissafalco

I would see carsland as a great addition to DHS. Think of all the people who do not or can not make the journey to DL and are not able to enjoy carsland. This is a great addition in my opinion, if the rumors are true that is.

Im starting to warm up to the idea of having it at WDW too. I just dont want a cheap watered down version. I want the whole package or dont bother...we'll see

tomman710

It's not about being Greedy, it's about Holding the resort to a certain standard. Theme parks need to expand or they die, and that is a reality of the business. We lost sight of that and it sounds like we might be gaining SOME of that back....

Disney himself said "keep moving forward." I think in that way WDW is "like a shark. It has to constantly move forward or it dies."

TDO very nearly had a dead shark.

Prototype82

Cue the complaints.

Seriously guys, I know WDW has its problems but this is practically a renaissance. We haven't seen this rapid of expansion in years and the kind of attractions that we are getting are compensating for everything "The World" needs right now. Fantasyland gives us an immersive environment that brings Disney back to its roots, Avatar gives Disney the opportunity to do something groundbreaking, and from current impression, Test Track practically looks like World of Motion 2.0. I know things could be better in places but be thankful for what we're getting. It is going to be awesome.

>__<

Bob Saget

Wow!!! Has there ever been a more exciting time to be a WDW fan?
First of all, I would like to apologize to you for some of the heat & mockery you've received for your enthusiasm. Some people assume they have the authority to dictate when & why others can feel happy.

While I won't count my chickens before they hatch...the Cars Land rumor does look promising. I will be even more excited once Disney officially releases the word. I personally believe this needs to happen. What a great fit for a park which is in need of a major new addition. Until Disney gives us the announcement, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. So to answer your question: Yes, I am very excited, especially for CL above all other projects.

LinaBelle

Cue the complaints.

Seriously guys, I know WDW has its problems but this is practically a renaissance. We haven't seen this rapid of expansion in years and the kind of attractions that we are getting are compensating for everything "The World" needs right now. Fantasyland gives us an immersive environment that brings Disney back to its roots, Avatar gives Disney the opportunity to do something groundbreaking, and from current impression, Test Track practically looks like World of Motion 2.0. I know things could be better in places but be thankful for what we're getting. It is going to be awesome.

>__<
And I agree. If these rumors are true, it will be a GREAT addition that the World really needs. :)

luv

Yes, there were better times to be a WDW fan. I am eager to see the FLE open. It'll be nice to walk through and take a look-see. I'll be trying BOG for lunch and dinner. I want to check out the Mermaid thing...high time Ariel got a dark ride, no matter how good or bad it is!

But we really haven't gained all that much. There is new shopping, dining, M&G.

When it opens this fall, we are still only up half a Dumbo, ride-wise.

bethymouse

Well, in 2014 FL should be complete. Who knows when and/or if Avatarland will be built: perhaps 2016? Then Carsland ( I hope so) by 2017? There are a lot of projects that Disney is getting into. Sounds good to me.:) I just hope it all comes true! Imagineers- start your engines!:D

imagineer boy

Cue the complaints.

>__<

A renaissance? The 90's were a renaissance. This is no where near like that.

captainkidd

FLE is good, as we're at least getting 2 new attractions.
Carsland I guess would be OK, though I didn't care for the movies. They did an amazing job out west with it.
Avatarland is highly in trouble, and that's fine with me. I honestly think it's the worst idea Disney has come up with in a long time.

ParentsOf4

A renaissance? The 90's were a renaissance. This is no where near like that.
Yeah, not a renaissance but at least after a decade of circling in a holding pattern it's nice to see the plane flying somewhere again. Let's hope all this recent good news doesn't turn out to be just rumor that sends us into a tailspin. Fingers crossed!

luv

FLE is good, as we're at least getting 2 new attractions.
Carsland I guess would be OK, though I didn't care for the movies. They did an amazing job out west with it.
Avatarland is highly in trouble, and that's fine with me. I honestly think it's the worst idea Disney has come up with in a long time.
i don't like the Cars movies, either.

That Toy Story land looks amazing and would be a good fit at DHS. Avatar and Cars would fit well, too.

I don't really care much what they do at the Studios. They can't make it worse, IMO. Well, an addition might make an already confusing park more confusing...but it will be fine. The park is already kind of weird.

I just hope than whenever they open another land, we are up more than half a Dumbo!

Rasvar

May to June of 1989 will be hard to beat: Disney-MGM Studios, Pleasure Island and Typhoon Lagoon all opened. Going to be pretty hard to top that one month period.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom