FLE, best land ever?

td1129

Original Poster
Even before the opening of one of its major attractions, I say yes, and I don't even think it's particularly close. Disney has raised the bar...once again. Boom.

Nemofinder

Can I be honest? I would put both Carsland and FLE over HP. I love HP, its wonderful. The theming is wonderful and you do feel transported, however the fake snow ruins it for me. Looking at Carsland and FLE, I feel as though the theming is more effective just from the fact that it can be eighty degrees outside or raining, yet you still feel as though you're somewhere different. While HP is fantastic, the snow really ruins it for me and it honestly makes me feel as though it only stands out as a diamond in the rough.
That being said Universal has made its way onto my trip docket where it wasnt before the HP addition. I am in no way discrediting the work uni has done in the WWoHP, Im stating my belief that in the area of a themed land, Carsland or FLE take the cake.

GLaDOS

Carsland, Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Frontierland in Disneyland Paris, Mysterious Island at Tokyo DisneySea

New Fantasyland is nice, but doesn't have the attractions to back its looks up and match the above..

Turtle

FLE as a land. I never said it housed the best attraction.
it's competition of best land for scenery. but best land? Just for a great restaurant, a family coaster (which i'm excited for), and a dark ride.. Maybe if Enchanted Tales With Belle was an actual animatronic show like the Tiki Room or Country Bears about how they met rather than 4 year olds w/cardboard running around then we could talk, but other wise no.

It looks fantastic and I can't wait for it but it's not the best land ever.

cba

The best lands ever (from my point of view) are the following: FLE, Carsland, and WWOHP. My opinion, not a fact.

Skibum1970

I would argue that Carsland beats FLE with more offerings and just as immersive a setting. Tokyo DisneySea is incredible and themed better than anything that I've seen (photos only). I would probably put WWofHP on par or ahead. The Hogwarts castle and attached ride is incredible and the village is very neat. As stated above, this is based on opinion and not anything else. It would be interesting to get an Imagineer's honest to goodness opinion.

Polydweller

It's too early for me to evaluate FLE. It won't be finished until Seven Dwarfs is open and then there I'll be an interesting collision of themes. Little Mermaid I'll be right next to the circus area as will be SD. I can't see that working out that well. The theming now is spectacular but will that hold when the green wall between the areas comes down is the big question.

bubbles1812

FLE as a land. I never said it housed the best attraction.

You implied it. What you are basically asking if what land out there has the best scenery and should have stated it as so. NFE is a beautiful land. I will give it that. However, I don't think it is the top one out there. As others have already stated, I think Carsland and WWOHP have it beat. I can't speak to say how TDS or Mysterious Island compare but from the pictures I've seen, they look pretty dang amazing. I'm going to guess based on your post plus all your others that you've been to none of the others. You seem to have love for WDW and WDW alone.

To ask what is the best land, I'd say you have to consider not only the scenery but also the attractions within them. And you even concede in your post that NFE does not have the best attraction. It that case, again I'd give that honor to WWOHP and Carsland based on restaurants, scenery, and attractions.

cheezbat

It's pretty, and I enjoyed walking around through it, but it doesn't hold a candle compared to Carsland or the Wizarding World.

And I'd still take DLs Fantasyland over MKs Fantasyland any day.

We were able to experience the new fantasyland last week & rode the LM twice. The theme of the land is beautiful but overall I was not that impressed.

Mawg

I don't know how anyone can call FLE the best land ever yet. It won't be done for at least another year. It's a land surrounding construction walls right now. The walls could come down and a huge eye sore could be in the middle of it. I'll hold any judgement until it's done. I've not been over seas yet and can't compare it to parks outside the US but I feel it's going to have a hard enough time just beating Cars Land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom