Flash Drive

JohnD

Yea we got ours last week for our January trip. Pretty cool package and nice free 6gb flash drive. But the videos they showed on the drive were emailed to me last month. Oh we'll it's always nice to get something from Disney. Makes waiting until January for our 14 day trip to BCV seem closer.

I just checked mine. It's 3.74 GB, which is probably the smallest size out there for a flash drive. Don't mind. It's still cool.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I just checked mine. It's 3.74 GB, which is probably the smallest size out there for a flash drive. Don't mind. It's still cool.
We have a few dozen 256 mb one at out office. The funny thing is they are still about 200 times larger than we need.

DizneyPryncess

I got the whole shebang a few days ago. I hadn't read this thread, so I had no idea what the flash drive was. I assumed the box had our magic bands in it, but thought it was rather early since we aren't going until May. I thought it was cute though...nice Disney touch to get us excited for our vacation.

Sumrdog

We got ours in November, we are DVC members staying on points doing a split stay so we got two. I wiped the links and gave them to my middle schooler. She was psyched, the kids all need USB drives to store papers and other work and now she has a super cool 6 gig light up Mickey one. Other than her excitement I found them to be completely useless.

dreamfinder

Eh, some companies will still give away 128MB and 256MB as freebies at trade shows. Stick all your corporate sales PDF's on em, hope they get reused. But most tech savvy ones are up to 8GB at least now.

JohnD

Eh, some companies will still give away 128MB and 256MB as freebies at trade shows. Stick all your corporate sales PDF's on em, hope they get reused. But most tech savvy ones are up to 8GB at least now.

Thanks. That's pretty much where I was going. I had a personal 3GB drive that finally died. I bought I new one which is 8GB. You're right that there could be some in the MB range.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
IMG_8522.JPG
IMG_8522.JPG
IMG_8523.JPG
IMG_8524.JPG
IMG_8525.JPG
IMG_8526.JPG
We just got ours today. Our trip isn't until September, I was NOT expecting this at all. Our flash is a 2GB.
Say what you want about all this MM+ stuff, good, bad, waste of money etc.They know what they're doing..I haven't been thinking about our upcoming trip at all, now I can't think of anything else..totally pumped

DisneyJoe

We got one too. Notice that WDW IT chose to use an oversized round base on it?

...stupid thing won't clear the cover door on my desktop Dell :). Gotta use an extension cable to plug the pig in :).
I'd guess more of a marketing department decision than IT.

draybook

Got ours on Friday. Bounceback trip isn't until September, and we are most likely cancelling for a cruise instead. But the free flash drive is nice.

PineapplePrincess

I got mine today for our July trip. We have two full vacations booked because we don't know when DD's camp will be. They are both on DVC points, but the second trip is in my DH's name because of overlap. I wonder if he'll receive one too?

I_Dream_of_Disney

I am bummed! We received info for our upcoming June trip, but it was just an envelope...no box, no thumb drive! Since I have been actively populating MyDisneyExperience with as much info as I have, I guess Disney didn't need to intice me to use the system. :confused:
Also interesting that the magnet had a date for our 180-day window, but the package arrived after that date.

disney4life2008

View attachment 41421 View attachment 41421 View attachment 41422 View attachment 41423 View attachment 41428 View attachment 41429 We just got ours today. Our trip isn't until September, I was NOT expecting this at all. Our flash is a 2GB.
Say what you want about all this MM+ stuff, good, bad, waste of money etc.They know what they're doing..I haven't been thinking about our upcoming trip at all, now I can't think of anything else..totally pumped
I got mines today well yesterday :D

Tinkerfan4ever

We got ours this week for our Oct 2014 Trip! Booked on DVC points. I had been to Disney this Dec so I had tested the magic bands (worked great with an annual pass - and I can still book FP+ since I have the AP, even with no room reservation) and had pretty much know everything on the flash drive. But the kids were thrilled to see the video.

Ben_since_1971

We got the USB drive today. We had just returned from two weeks (Dec 2-15) and I thought this was one more error in their systems. Back in October we were granted access to MM+ and FP+ and then we started getting the emails and snail mails about the upcoming test and we should be very excited :rolleyes:. So today's mailing was going to be the icing on the cake.

Then I check out the magnet in the back of the booklet. The dates are for our trip NEXT year. We took advantage of the bounce back offer before we left and have reservations for next December. The booklet still says we'll be one of the first to use MM+ (uh, no we won't - not by next December), but I still think it's cool we still got the package now.

38053WDW

We got a flash drive in the mail today. Basically, it's a 6 GB Flash Drive with two links to videos and a Mickey on it. Am I the only one who thinks this is a ginormous waste of money to send a Flash Drive out to everyone? Not that I mind the free flash drive, but still.

Got mine too ! A Mickey Flash Drive .. I will wipe and give it to my daughter for school.. One of kind !

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom