Flash Drive

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It's about time that Disney started doing this. For all of the testing phases so far the amount of communication with guests was completely inadequate. This is a welcome sign of what is to come. Guests need a lot more info on the who, what, when, where, why and how of magic bands. This looks like a high class and more detailed way to accomplish this.

Not everyone going to WDW has had the benefit of this site and particularly this section to keep them up to date on exactly what to do. Kudos again to Steve for setting this section up and keeping us all informed. It made my recent trip a lot more relaxing and enjoyable knowing I was prepared going in.

Dole Whip Happy Hour

2013-12-01 18.58.00.jpg
2013-12-01 18.59.18.jpg

BCVTalsJam

Yea we got ours last week for our January trip. Pretty cool package and nice free 6gb flash drive. But the videos they showed on the drive were emailed to me last month. Oh we'll it's always nice to get something from Disney. Makes waiting until January for our 14 day trip to BCV seem closer.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I got mine yesterday, too. I assumed it was because I am a DVC member.

The magnet warned me that I can book my FP+ on December 12, so that means I have ten days to figure out what I want to ride in February. When I explained this to my husband, his response was rather inappropriate for a family forum.

Ariel484

The magnet warned me that I can book my FP+ on December 12, so that means I have ten days to figure out what I want to ride in February. When I explained this to my husband, his response was rather inappropriate for a family forum.
My in-laws got a flash drive for their trip in late January and I was about 15 seconds into my explanation of what FP+ is and they were VERY CLEARLY not interested...oops! :oops:

BCVTalsJam

Just FYI if you don't have your passes or tickets now you won't be able to book your fast passes. I didn't know that until I tried to book.

journ116

We received one of these yesterday…kinda neat and I chuckled a bit when the Mickey head turned green! I didn't open any of the files, but went to the link posted in the box…it was 'cute.' And, I, too, started to panic a bit when the magnet told me I could begin "scheduling" (shudders) our FP's on Dec. 9th…I'm not even done making dining reservations!!

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I have an annual pass. Hubs is out of luck, though, unless we buy his voucher in the next ten days. ;) LOL
But, based upon his inappropriate, unMagical response, I don't think he should be in the WDW parks, anyway. Put him on a bus to Gatorland where his kind will be tolerated.

carolynk3

.....don't be surprised if the flash drive has a virus, spy ware, or subliminal message in it that tries to make you think this system is "something good".

We got our flash drive today for our Feb. trip, I plugged it into my laptop and my virus cleaner had fun with it. I have been searching around to see if anyone else has had this problem (in Chrome, the message says, "danger, malware ahead!") and my searching came up with this thread.

I called DVC Member Services, explained the issue, and I was transferred to someone in IT. I don't think it's my computer, my husband tried opening it on his laptop with the same results....

ratherbeinwdw

We got our flash drive today and our trip isn't until May 12th. I'm not going to plug it in. I'm going to go to the website they give you in the package instead.

JohnD

I have an annual pass. Hubs is out of luck, though, unless we buy his voucher in the next ten days. ;) LOL

What are you waiting for? Log into MDE, AAA, and/or call one of the above or another agent and purchase the tix now. You'll get an email from WDW with a PDF "certificate" which has a serial number you can add to MDE. Presto! Instant FP+. Print out the certificate(s), take to a Guest Relations in a park or DTD, and exchange for tix.

I'm going with family in April. They have already purchased their tickets. I logged in the certificates for them. We're ready to start making FP+ selections in Feb.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
What are you waiting for? Log into MDE, AAA, and/or call one of the above or another agent and purchase the tix now. You'll get an email from WDW with a PDF "certificate" which has a serial number you can add to MDE. Presto! Instant FP+. Print out the certificate(s), take to a Guest Relations in a park or DTD, and exchange for tix.

I'm going with family in April. They have already purchased their tickets. I logged in the certificates for them. We're ready to start making FP+ selections in Feb.

I'm waiting for the household budget to have room to spring for his AP!! We're not traveling until February, figured we'd buy his pass after Christmas. :)

We've been before, will be again--the only reason I already have my AP is that I went on the WDWMagic girls cruise last September

JohnD

I'm waiting for the household budget to have room to spring for his AP!! We're not traveling until February, figured we'd buy his pass after Christmas. :)

We've been before, will be again--the only reason I already have my AP is that I went on the WDWMagic girls cruise last September

Sounds like you're taking the Dave Ramsey approach: have the money on hand before using a debit card instead of more debt with a credit card. Good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom