Flamingo Crossing Apartments

s8film40

I have to completely disagree. Publix prices are high but that’s the only complaint I have about them.

Honestly I really don’t understand your dislike for Publix.
They're very nice stores, the employees are friendly and the sandwiches and deli is great, I can agree on that. The prices are very high and they have a very limited selection though. My biggest complaint is most people in this area just don't seem to know any better and accept Publix, there's no real competition. There are a lot of items as a result that just aren't available in our area at all and if you want decent prices you're forced to go to Walmart or Aldi. I suppose originally coming from an area that had multiple grocery chains that each would put Publix to shame it's just a little frustrating.

SeaCastle

Very glad to see this kind of development in Central Florida but I wish they could partially tuck the parking under the buildings instead of having a sea of parking surrounding the buildings. We live somewhere with a large second home/tourist community and it's next to impossible to find starter apartments or places for the summer workers to live. Here's to hoping the apartments are not run like college dorms and that they run a shuttle to the parks or other job centers to lessen the traffic.

JoeCamel

Very glad to see this kind of development in Central Florida but I wish they could partially tuck the parking under the buildings instead of having a sea of parking surrounding the buildings. We live somewhere with a large second home/tourist community and it's next to impossible to find starter apartments or places for the summer workers to live. Here's to hoping the apartments are not run like college dorms and that they run a shuttle to the parks or other job centers to lessen the traffic.
They will be dorms. TDO has proven this is how they run these developments. Parking under the buildings? TDO does not really care how this looks, it is at the end of the road out of sight of the GP for the most part.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Have they started to work on the Western Way extension?

Lots of activity this week
8D8B8A28-DEC6-4A64-933C-32E04380CB2C.jpeg
EF105387-F250-4897-A9DE-09F76A07BB91.jpeg

There are standard orange and white construction barriers on each end of the immediate
construction site where the heavy equipment is today, this is the second location this week on the long ago, previously cleared land.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
They're very nice stores, the employees are friendly and the sandwiches and deli is great, I can agree on that. The prices are very high and they have a very limited selection though. My biggest complaint is most people in this area just don't seem to know any better and accept Publix, there's no real competition. There are a lot of items as a result that just aren't available in our area at all and if you want decent prices you're forced to go to Walmart or Aldi. I suppose originally coming from an area that had multiple grocery chains that each would put Publix to shame it's just a little frustrating.

Difference is Publix is employee owned (to an extent) and pays a living wage. Thats reason enough to shop there

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Further to the Disney Profiteer argument, the sign in front of the reported CM apartments indicates it will be an American Campus community. Don't know if they're just building and managing for Disney, or if they own the project, but it's definitely aggregated housing and therefore essentially a commercialized college dorm. They have two other projects in Orlando, both adjacent to UCF.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
the site that shall not be named said a bunch of restaurants are coming here too. 5 guys and others. I refuse to give clickbait clicks to find out what other places were announced

peter11435

Lilofan

The CPs in DLR probably have it better since CA recently legalized recreational pot. In WDW, you probably get a one way ticket back home if caught in CP housing.

Mike730

In case anyone else was also confused. There ARE apparently apartments (non CP Housing) coming to Flamingo Crossings. However, the apartments are not what is shown in the OP. CP Housing East is shown in the OP.

You can see the apartments (non-CP Housing) going up here:
Photo update as of Wednesday, December 11, 2019. Across the street (Flamingo Crossings) from Disney's Housing complex, these elevator shafts have appeared for "The Westerly" four-story apartments.

View attachment 432265

View attachment 432266

I can't seem to find a website for it, but here is the Apartments.com link.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom