Flame Tree Barbecue closing for extensive remodel at Disney's Animal Kingdom

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, Sept. 3. Progress on the new "dining pavilion" for Flame Tree Barbecue. Fire sprinkler system installed and the first phase of the roof finished.

IMG_8297.JPG

Biff215

I honestly can't remember the last time I saw Flame Tree with it not under some sort of construction. Hopefully when they finish it will be left alone for a while.

Cmdr_Crimson

I can't believe this still isn't done. That gazebo (for a lack of better term) went up in May.

This also goes with the Flights of Wonder theater...It was closed in January when I was there and from the last pictures I've seen in photo updates it's still going on...Unless it has changed since then?

Next Big Thing

it's going on 7 months for the gazebo build...lol
Yeah, but no one really cares that it's not open. If the park had been busier this summer, they may have gone faster, but it was pretty slow. It's simply not something that is crucial to one's park experience, just extra seating. Just because it something like this or even say the Tangled bathrooms take a long time to open isn't something that reflects on how fast they move, but more budgeting things out based on need.

This is a backburner project that will open when it opens and then we'll go back to not caring.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
If the area survived without the gazebo before, then why build it at all?

But that totally misses the point. If you are going to build something like this, then it shouldn't take nearly so long, even considering budget and other issues. It's a gazebo, not the new Star Wars E-ticket.

Before Iger's arrival simple (B/C ticket) ATTRACTIONS got built quicker than this bloody gazebo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom