Flame Tree Barbecue closing for extensive remodel at Disney's Animal Kingdom

Cmdr_Crimson

Guys..Guys...Let's just take a moment and savor the other Reason Flame Tree is There.....
P1030335.jpg

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, October 14. The gazebo appears largely completed, except for a surrounding guard rail. The view "over the fence" shows a finished "themed concrete" floor with no plumbing or electrical outlets, so it appears this space may not have "facilities" for service.

IMG_8478.JPG

IMG_8479.JPG

As viewed "over the fence," the new covered walkway from the food service windows to the dining areas seems completed, with guard rails and landscaping.

IMG_8480.JPG

djkidkaz

I find this stuff interesting. AK was obviously trying to go for a less is more approach from the beginning. Using nature to provide shade, but then reality starts to set in that while these things sound beautiful and great on paper they just aren't feasible in a theme park environment. You realize they have to have actual covered seating and walkways.

halltd

I find this stuff interesting. AK was obviously trying to go for a less is more approach from the beginning. Using nature to provide shade, but then reality starts to set in that while these things sound beautiful and great on paper they just aren't feasible in a theme park environment. You realize they have to have actual covered seating and walkways.
The pavilions have always been there...just not a walkway to them. Personally, I liked the park better when it was more open-air. The original Theater in the Wild was my favorite structure in the park. Now it's the ugliest. But, apparently we must be air conditioned every second of the day. :sigh:

Cesar R M

Photo update as of Friday, October 14. The gazebo appears largely completed, except for a surrounding guard rail. The view "over the fence" shows a finished "themed concrete" floor with no plumbing or electrical outlets, so it appears this space may not have "facilities" for service.

View attachment 169625

View attachment 169626

As viewed "over the fence," the new covered walkway from the food service windows to the dining areas seems completed, with guard rails and landscaping.

View attachment 169627
You know, the whole pathway and this expansion. Is this some sort of special events gazebo? private dinning area or something similar? Wine tasting private events? or another M&G?
I mean, you mentioned no electrical outlets, no lights..etc..

prfctlyximprct

You know, the whole pathway and this expansion. Is this some sort of special events gazebo? private dinning area or something similar? Wine tasting private events? or another M&G?
I mean, you mentioned no electrical outlets, no lights..etc..

I think it'll be for the Rivers of light dining package

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom