Flame Tree Barbecue closing for extensive remodel at Disney's Animal Kingdom

roj2323

My son just visited FTB over our trip this last week. He has always been their biggest fan for the ribs they make, but was very disappointed in them, stating the seemed to have a different seasoning than usual (meaning different than in summers past). He has dropped FTB from his favorites list. Has their recipe changed? Are they also doing the dry rub bit?
It's possible you son has just reached the age where his sense of taste is changing. As far as I'm aware they have not changed the recipe.

peter11435

My son just visited FTB over our trip this last week. He has always been their biggest fan for the ribs they make, but was very disappointed in them, stating the seemed to have a different seasoning than usual (meaning different than in summers past). He has dropped FTB from his favorites list. Has their recipe changed? Are they also doing the dry rub bit?
Their recipe has not changed and they have always done a dry rub.

Bolt

Let him know Pizzafari is an alternative...

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, March 1. The Flame Tree Barbeque dining pavilions closest to the main Discovery Island pathway are being refurbished. The restaurant is still open, but the construction walls installed right up to the window queues give an initial appearance it is closed.

IMG_7462.JPG

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Monday, May 9. A new large pavilion is being constructed between two existing Flame Tree Barbecue dining pavilions. Seemed too big for just another dining pavilion, so I asked a senior cast member who said it was "dining related." Notice the top of the octagon structure is being built inside the current outer structure, to be raised to the top.

IMG_7839.JPG

IMG_7838.JPG

note2001

Photo update as of Monday, May 9. A new large pavilion is being constructed between two existing Flame Tree Barbecue dining pavilions. Seemed too big for just another dining pavilion, so I asked a senior cast member who said it was "dining related." Notice the top of the octagon structure is being built inside the current outer structure, to be raised to the top.

View attachment 141193

View attachment 141196

Bet'cha it has to do with the ROL dining package. ;)

Bocabear

No, no, no!

It has to be something sinister!;)
It is kind of amazing when they talk about adding a bar anywhere people talk about it like they are building a frat-boy strip club full of demon alcohol... I think it is good that they offer some adult refreshments in the park....which I have enjoyed responsibly...especially if this is to become more of an evening park... Now, if only they would build an Adventurer's Club...which would be a PERFECT thematic fit to the park...sigh

ToTBellHop

Actually with the closest bar at either Yak and Yeti or in the Africa section, this would be a perfect location for a bar...especially with Rivers Of Light... Hopefully it will be just that...
Didn't they just build a bar in the old Everest Fastpass distribution building for Rivers of Jungle?

Bocabear

Yes, but there's also a lack of bars in the park, which means there's money being left on the table and people left thirsty ;)
true! and it is the hottest of all the parks...a frosty cold margarita will definitely improve the ridiculous wait times for the attractions and take the edge off those screaming children... and a little booze does make me more amenable to buying things (are you listening Disney?)...just sayin'

ToTBellHop

true! and it is the hottest of all the parks...a frosty cold margarita will definitely improve the ridiculous wait times for the attractions and take the edge off those screaming children... and a little booze does make me more amenable to buying things (are you listening Disney?)...just sayin'
You know alcohol is actually a diuret...

never mind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom