Fishing Excursions/Snorkling at The Living Seas????

Has anyone ever done the 2hr fishing excursion? Was 2 hrs enough time, what area did you choose, was it worth the money, and would you do it again? Leaving in 14 days for my stay at AoA, so need to make a decision soon. The excursion will be for my 12 year old DS, dad, and brother in law. Really looking for something special my 12 year old DS can do it at the world, he seems interested in the fishing and i've got to do something taking DD to BBB. Wanted to do Africa Trek, but he didn't seem to like that idea. Also, thought about the snorkling at the Living Seas for my DS and dad only. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

jim1051

I have done the fishing excursion, out of Saratoga Springs, twice. I felt 2 hours was great. We went out at 7AM. That way we were done by 9 . That left most of the day to do other things. There were 3 of us. We caught 12 bass in the 2 hours. None were giant but big enough. I want to try it again in another area, maybe out of Contemporary or another MK resort.

Upvote 0

Mukta

There are 3 special experiences at the Living Seas. I am not sure if they are all still available

Divequest - scuba diving
Dolphins in Depth
Epcot Seas Aqua tour

Upvote 0

tinker bubbles

Original Poster
Yes, I did the Aqua Seas Tour (snorkling with air tank) at The Seas last year.

If you want a reveiw of it I wrote all about it in my trip report linked below - about half way through.
Funny, your report was one of the reasons I thought the snorkeling would be fun. Enjoyed your disneyworld and Disneyland reports.

Upvote 0

tinker bubbles

Original Poster
I have done the fishing excursion, out of Saratoga Springs, twice. I felt 2 hours was great. We went out at 7AM. That way we were done by 9 . That left most of the day to do other things. There were 3 of us. We caught 12 bass in the 2 hours. None were giant but big enough. I want to try it again in another area, maybe out of Contemporary or another MK resort.
Thanks! Just booked the one out of Contemporary for three people. The cast member recommended The Contemporary. Hope it will be fun. Just told my dad and he can't wait. Can't wait to tell my DS.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Thanks! Just booked the one out of Contemporary for three people. The cast member recommended The Contemporary. Hope it will be fun. Just told my dad and he can't wait. Can't wait to tell my DS.

I think there used to be a coupon in the back of the Birnbaum guide book. I think it was enough of a discount to more than pay for the book. No idea if it still is in there or not.

And the title initially made me think you were asking if they did fishing at the Living Seas. Did a double take.

Upvote 0

tinker bubbles

Original Poster
I think there used to be a coupon in the back of the Birnbaum guide book. I think it was enough of a discount to more than pay for the book. No idea if it still is in there or not.

And the title initially made me think you were asking if they did fishing at the Living Seas. Did a double take.
Thanks! I'll have to check on that. Just found 15% off coupon in my Disney vouchers that came with my package.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

We never did the fishing excursion or the scuba diving, but DS did do the dolphins in depth 2 years ago and absolutely LOVED it. It was 3 hrs long and expensive, but what a memory!!

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

My husband and sons have done the guided fishing excursion several times over the years. When the boys were littler it was extra nice for the husband because the guide was a huge help keeping the boys baited and fishing. When it's just the hubby doing that he literally would be back & forth from one kid to the other and rarely get the chance to fish himself. Hubby never asked the guide, he just hopped in & told hubby he could fish if he wanted to. Definitely made sure he wasn't stepping into "dad" tasks if it was unwanted. Ya know? The guys always marveled at how many fish they caught. The guides definitely know where the fish are and what they're biting. It's a lot more catching than a normal fishing trip. ((My hubby has a bass boat & fishes a good bit.)) I used to joke with the guys, of course they're going to catch tons of fish. It's Disney! I told 'em there was probably a diver down there hooking the fish then yanking their lines. LOL!

To choose which day and what time to book my old man would always go to the Farmer's Almanac and check the moon phases. Usually he could narrow it down to which day was optimal and a block of hours that were forcast the best. I don't recall him ever not going first thing in the morning.

Last trip in September last year I guess it was the hubby & my brother booked an excursion. I'm not sure where they fished at. I think it may have been from the YC marina. Anywhoo, hubby & my brother fish together a LOT on the hubby's boat. They're like a couple girls...LOL...they know each other's rhythm and style...kinda like BFFs and shopping...so throwing the 3rd guy in (guide) was awkward to them. Apparently the guide's rhythm was totally off from theirs. I think the guys explained it like they'd pull up somewhere, do some fishing for 5 or so minutes, nothing would be even nibbling, so they'd be ready to move on to another spot. The guide, however, was inclined to linger for much longer which they found irritating. I think the guys would've been happiest if they'd left the guide at the dock and done everything themselves. LOL! They had a 2nd excursion booked for the same week but ended up cancelling it. They opted to plot another weekend fishing/camping trip later in the year.

Locations! Hubby has had pickups at the WL, Contemporary, and Yacht Club. He enjoys fishing from the MK resort marinas best. I don't think we ever pass over or under the water bridge by the Contemporary without one of the guys in the family proclaiming how awesome the fishing was at the water bridge or in the Seven Seas Lagoon. Fantastic memories! Totally worth it!

Don't forget to tip your guide if he's good! They really appreciate that and it's a great way to say "Thank YOU!"

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom