First use of MyMagic+ long-range MagicBand capabilities begins tomorrow at all four parks

LucyK

when you get on the ride at some point you will pass by a long range RFID reader that will identify your MB code and tie it to the car you are in at that moment. That is the beauty of the long range readers, there is no requirement for you to do anything.
Thank you for the explanation, very cool that they can tell which car I'm in without me touching an entry point somewhere.

DisneyGigi

I am so glad to hear this. I love the idea of having the ride photos but didn't want to have to stop and scan and remember a number after every ride. Makes the Memory Maker well worth it for sure now. :)

Tigger1988

It's no
I was actually wondering about this. Any idea on when people who don't buy into memory maker will have access to ride photos after the fact? I'd consider but maybe one or two ride photos if they were really neat (i.e has all 6 of us). But it's not something I wanna do on the spot. You know?
/QUOTE]
When I went in Nov (didn't have Memory Maker) the photos showed up the same day, I didn't know to look so I can't be sure if they showed up immediately or not.

WDWFantasmicFan

I am so glad to hear this. I love the idea of having the ride photos but didn't want to have to stop and scan and remember a number after every ride. Makes the Memory Maker well worth it for sure now. :)

Exactly! We were still umming and arring about whether to get Memory Maker as you had to queue to link your photos. But now - we've decided were defiantly getting it!

cspencer96

I cant remember - dont you have to purchase the mug and purchase the amount of days you want the mug activated?
They are not separate charges, so no. I'd like to see where you spent $30 on one mug though, because if so, Disney really has gotten good at price gouging - even better than they have been! ;)And it is very sad that you must now pay for your beverages...I personally have no issue with the RapidFill system other than difficulty of use. If we don't have the Dining Plan, we don't get mugs. I find it dumb to do so, unless you truly will drink enough to pay for itself.

cspencer96

Exactly! We were still umming and arring about whether to get Memory Maker as you had to queue to link your photos. But now - we've decided were defiantly getting it!
It really is great with the advance purchase discount. We usually don't take that many photos, but with Memory Maker, we have a whole album's worth. The attraction photos alone make the package awesome, because you can really try to get good poses and stuff and make some awesome memories (sorry to use that Disney buzz word, but it fits here).

WDWFantasmicFan

It really is great with the advance purchase discount. We usually don't take that many photos, but with Memory Maker, we have a whole album's worth. The attraction photos alone make the package awesome, because you can really try to get good poses and stuff and make some awesome memories (sorry to use that Disney buzz word, but it fits here).

Thanks - Seems good value - especially as we plan to create photo albums for family!

mm121

I'd be afraid to trust it, would be nice to be able to check on the app or something if the photos actually made it to the photos account, and this kinda takes away the fun of viewing the photos at the end of the ride.

would be great to see something like this at the waterparks, though i would do it more as an opt in system, like put a short range reader as your getting on the rides or something.

WDWFantasmicFan

I'd be afraid to trust it, would be nice to be able to check on the app or something if the photos actually made it to the photos account, and this kinda takes away the fun of viewing the photos at the end of the ride.

would be great to see something like this at the waterparks, though i would do it more as an opt in system, like put a short range reader as your getting on the rides or something.

I think you can check on the website? I might be wrong but that's what I've heard... Would be good in water parks but people wouldn't carry their card round if they didn't have magic band. Also don't think cards are waterproof are they??

mm121

I think you can check on the website? I might be wrong but that's what I've heard... Would be good in water parks but people wouldn't carry their card round if they didn't have magic band. Also don't think cards are waterproof are they??
this doesn't work with the cards anyways, i always put a credit card in my swimsuit for buying things around the parks, but that was before the magic band days

WDWFantasmicFan

this doesn't work with the cards anyways, i always put a credit card in my swimsuit for buying things around the parks, but that was before the magic band days

No - the long range does not work with cards. But you mentioned short range readers before you go on water rides - surely this would work I with cards??

Magic bands are so much easier! :)

disney4life2008

They are not separate charges, so no. I'd like to see where you spent $30 on one mug though, because if so, Disney really has gotten good at price gouging - even better than they have been! ;)And it is very sad that you must now pay for your beverages...I personally have no issue with the RapidFill system other than difficulty of use. If we don't have the Dining Plan, we don't get mugs. I find it dumb to do so, unless you truly will drink enough to pay for itself.

I honestly can not remember so maybe someone can correct me: When I go back in August - am I only paying $17.99 for the length of stay for pop and I get the mug included in that? Or is there a separate charge for the mug in addition to paying for pop?

As for drinking that much - yes, I drink a lot of pop :)

WDWFantasmicFan

I honestly can not remember so maybe someone can correct me: When I go back in August - am I only paying $17.99 for the length of stay for pop and I get the mug included in that? Or is there a separate charge for the mug in addition to paying for pop?

As for drinking that much - yes, I drink a lot of pop :)

I think the charge includes the mug and the pop...

Sassagoula-Rvr

The on ride photo stuff was actually pretty cool in November. Being able to order them after the fact was pretty interesting! If I would have known more about it, I would have done that. Plus bought a few more than normal because I hate waiting in lines.

WDWDad13

Slowly (and expensively) but surely(-ish), MM+ is becoming the thing I was so excited for when it was first announced.

and there's plenty more to come

Can't build up until the foundation is layed. Sure it took awhile and that concrete was pretty expensive but I think this will be something that will always be evolving and growing with uses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom