First the napkins, now the cups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nor'easter

At the risk of getting too nit picky, this location had the Coke cups on its own for many years in the 80's because it was sponsored directly by Coke. At least that was my memory of it. I'm pretty sure the rest of the park had the Walt Disney World branded cups.

That is exactly right.

asianway

I think that any day now they will replace the blank napkins and Coke cups with something Disney. Perhaps when the new theme/celebration is announced we will see new cups and napkins. Maybe they don't want cups/napkins out now as to ruin the surprise of the new theme/celebration? I don't know, but I haven't given up hope and am not yet to the point where I think this is a forever change.
just pointed out that the old SOP was to never allow old stock to deplete, and then use any old product in non-guest areas - CM cafeterias, etc.

aladdin2007

Was at the Studios today and noticed the standard coke cups and brown napkins. This is happening at Disneyland also according to a new article on miceage today and they arent happy about it either. From the sound of things it looks to be becoming the new norm at all the American parks. I'd rather see the Disney parks branding than none at all/ballpark coke cups. Now it looks like they arent even going to spend on disney parks branding as much. Just a no win all around. Sad. True its not going to ruin vacations or anything, but were losing what sets Disney apart piece by piece.

ParentsOf4

Was at the Studios today and noticed the standard coke cups and brown napkins. This is happening at Disneyland also according to a new article on miceage today and they arent happy about it either. From the sound of things it looks to be becoming the new norm at all the American parks. I'd rather see the Disney parks branding than none at all/ballpark coke cups. Now it looks like they arent even going to spend on disney parks branding as much. Just a no win all around. Sad. True its not going to ruin vacations or anything, but were losing what sets Disney apart piece by piece.
FYI, I went to my local Six Flags 8 days ago and they had Six Flags themed cups & napkins. We all know that Six Flags sets the Gold Standard when it comes to theme park entertainment.:rolleyes:

rudyjr13

Can't we be allowed to be disappointed if this is a permanent change? The 3 McDonalds and Starbucks stores 5 minutes from my house in separate directions have their logo on it.

New Internet campaign - bring back the Mickey napkins and cups!

Californian Elitist

Can't we be allowed to be disappointed if this is a permanent change? The 3 McDonalds and Starbucks stores 5 minutes from my house in separate directions have their logo on it.

New Internet campaign - bring back the Mickey napkins and cups!

I'm already disappointed LOL. If this becomes permanent, I will be pretty mad.

JWG

I suppose generic room keys are next, just an arrow "Insert this way". Then it will be generic buses that just say "Mears". It starts a dangerous slide. It's not that a cup or napkin makes my trip, but it is what it results in being ok later. We get desensitized to this and the next thing doesn't seem so bad. Then, all of a sudden all that's left are rides with some Pixar name on them but no real other theming.

asianway

At the risk of getting too nit picky, this location had the Coke cups on its own for many years in the 80's because it was sponsored directly by Coke. At least that was my memory of it. I'm pretty sure the rest of the park had the Walt Disney World branded cups.

PS replied to wrong post. Meant to do the photo of Tomorrowland Terrace in the '80s. The original one before it became Cosmic Ray's.
Just dug up my 1980 trip photos...you are correct Village Haus had the logo cups.

ParentsOf4

Yet you continue to go.
And I'll still be going long after those executives are gone.

As I posted before, I'll continue to go because I’ve been vacationing at WDW for the better part of 40 years and loved it for the first 30. I fully anticipate my devotion to WDW to outlast the current regime. It’s brand loyalty, something the easily replaceable cogs currently running the Disney machine are cashing in on.

It’s 1919 and the Red Sox have just sold Babe Ruth to the Yankees (like Disney let HP go to Universal). I don’t stop being a Red Sox fan just because Red Sox management is greedy, using the money they received from selling Ruth to fund a play or, in Disney's case, more cruise ships and a DVC in Hawaii.

I’m counting on better times are ahead but hopefully won't have to wait 86 years for another World Series title.:)

RSoxNo1

Disney was relying on that Disney difference to separate themselves from the likes of Universal. For a while, Disney also relied on cutting edge attractions that far exceeded anything put out their by their competition. I don't know if Universal has generic napkins, plates, etc, but when Disney loses that edge, combined with the lack of cutting edge attractions people start voting with their wallets.

Over in the general discussion forum there is a community effort to list out all of these cuts. WDW1974 told us that there would be more and more cuts before things got better and for this "big spirited change" to take place, I encourage people to no longer support a product that fails to meet these standards.

I just came back from a 5 day trip and I had a great time. That trip was largely paid for by my already owning an annual pass. Looking forward towards my upcoming trip in January and instead of staying at a Disney hotel myself and my 9 person traveling party are staying off property. The cost of a week off property for us will be less than two suites at the Art of Animation.

I haven't decided if I'll be buying an annual pass next year either. I just know that I didn't have to renew my Premier Pass because there weren't any discounts, in fact it went from $749 to $849.

I may be more inclined to visit Universal for 2 days and Sea World for a day if I happen to return to central Florida for a week at the end of 2013. Our tourist dollar should go to the best quality product, and I encourage those people that have never visited Universal, Sea World, or even Disneyland to take the opportunity to do so, especially if you're dissatisfied with these cutbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom