First the napkins, now the cups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbird327

I know this is kinda off topic, but for anyone that is interested in historic parks here is a link to a "dark ride" built in 1905 at a "trolley park" outside of Philadelphia. At the turn of the last century it was one of the top parks in the country and was famous for rides and music. It closed in the 1970s and is now a big shopping mall.

http://www.wgpark.com/walk.asp?wage=6

Continuing your off topic post...I grew up a few blocks away from WG park in the 50s and 60 s.

COProgressFan

Saw this in the pictures from the 80's thread. Check out the cups....

38096_420352449236_501609236_4435685_4874920_n.jpg
Hmm, I wonder if those people had a lesser experience because their cups did not say Disney on them?

Actually, I think their experience was made much lesser by the man in the belly shirt behind them....

ddbowdoin

this is nitpicking a small bit... but I can see why people see this more of an alarming state of mind, rather than the actual cups bothering them

I just wish they would distinguish between disney parks and walt disney world... I know this has been discussed numerous times.

COProgressFan

"Hot Food Bag" is by far my least favorite of those examples. Ick.

I agree, that sounds absolutely disgusting.

Another interesting thought from the Miceage column was the idea that when you get a drink from the same generic Coke cup at Costco for 75 cents, it makes you wonder why you'll pay 3 bucks in a "Disney Park".... Sort of brings you back to reality.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

Another interesting thought from the Miceage column was the idea that when you get a drink from the same generic Coke cup at Costco for 75 cents, it makes you wonder why you'll pay 3 bucks in a "Disney Park".... Sort of brings you back to reality.

Hah! I can't imagine there was anybody not already wondering that.

tomman710

Wait are you saying TDO didn't use forethought or planning in making these short term decisions? Hmmm ... that doesn't seem like them ... :rolleyes:

Goofyernmost

Makes me wonder why it's OK to pay 3 bucks because it HAS Goofy's picture on it. Although he is quite fetching!

Mickey_777

Who said it was perfect? It's definitely not.

I know ;). I was just being bit sarcastic towards those who bash WDW and praise all things Disneyland. As someone who's been to both recently, I feel they've got a lot more in common than they don't (for good or worse).

Californian Elitist

I know ;). I was just being bit sarcastic towards those who bash WDW and praise all things Disneyland. As someone who's been to both recently, I feel they've got a lot more in common than they don't (for good or worse).

Oh ok.:) Yeah, DL has its negatives (cough, cough those tarps on Alice in Wonderland, Innoventions, Hollywood Land in DCA, etc.). I honestly think neither resort will ever be perfect. Close, maybe, but not fully perfect.

The MaD Hatter

For the millionth time, Disney is all about the details. So fix the napkins, fix the cups, and throw in some Mickey-shaped urinal cakes while you're at it. :cool:

ufmaule

"I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!'" - Howard Beale, Network

To be honest I just wanted to be a part of a 25+ page posting about perishables. To throw it out there (literally), I've thought the toilet paper in the parks has felt a lot less magical lately. I wonder if that's new too?

Rasvar

Hmm, I wonder if those people had a lesser experience because their cups did not say Disney on them?
At the risk of getting too nit picky, this location had the Coke cups on its own for many years in the 80's because it was sponsored directly by Coke. At least that was my memory of it. I'm pretty sure the rest of the park had the Walt Disney World branded cups.

PS replied to wrong post. Meant to do the photo of Tomorrowland Terrace in the '80s. The original one before it became Cosmic Ray's.

disneypearl

I think that any day now they will replace the blank napkins and Coke cups with something Disney. Perhaps when the new theme/celebration is announced we will see new cups and napkins. Maybe they don't want cups/napkins out now as to ruin the surprise of the new theme/celebration? I don't know, but I haven't given up hope and am not yet to the point where I think this is a forever change.

Rasvar

Well, if they have Halloween season cups, I should see them on Friday. If they aren't out then at DL, then I will wonder if they are just going generic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom