First night tradition???

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
Anyone besides me have a first night of your Disney trip tradition that you live by?

Every first night of the trip. I take a nice walk around the Marketplace. We always go to planet Hollywood for dinner, and have a couple drinks while we're there. Then, hit Planet Hollywood for a toast to another Disney vacation.

Anyone else got one?

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
Originally posted by joviacdan
Anyone besides me have a first night of your Disney trip tradition that you live by?

Every first night of the trip. I take a nice walk around the Marketplace. We always go to planet Hollywood for dinner, and have a couple drinks while we're there. Then, hit Planet Hollywood for a toast to another Disney vacation.

Anyone else got one?

Oops - I meant Pleasure Island for a drink.:hammer:

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern with our favorite raskels next to Stitch, Chip and Dale! :sohappy:

Can't wait to see them again later this year!

Upvote 0

M. Racer

Originally posted by PhilharMagician
Go to Epcot, Have dinner @ LeCellier off to Rose and Crown for a Guinness and watch Illuminations.

Only 240 more days to go.:brick: Too long!

Love to watch 'em pour my Guiness and top it off with a shamrock in the head(of the Guiness that is).

Upvote 0

DCL

Check into the room... change into shorts since I live in the frigid northeast.. and then we head to the food court for a pizza followed by watching the disney park channels on TV as we anxiously wait for morning to come so we can head into the MK!

I'm down to 70 days... and counting!!

Upvote 0

dizneeboy

I used to flip on the zip a dee do da tip for today on the television as soon as I got to the room and watch it while everyone settled in. The MK is always the first stop for me. We usually catch Spectro and/or the fireworks after a spin on whatever attractions have a low wait time. If the park is packed, sometimes we just stroll around and enjoy the atmosphere...something we don't do too much of when we are on a quest to ride everything ; )

Upvote 0

ltbeach

ours looks something like this: check in the hotel in the afternoon, take a swim, have some dinner at Evergreens, then take a long ride on the monorail around the the lagoon and out to epcot and back at dusk, taking in all the lights. kinda gives us time to relax from traveling and get us reved up for the next day.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

We always arrive post 10PM after an 18 hour drive. We go to ESPN Club for a bucket of wings and snacks. Then go immediately to bed b/c we are so super tired, maybe after an ice cream.

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
Our first day looks like this:

Get up at 3:00am
Drive from Indianapolis, IN to Port Orleans Riverside
Arrive between 10 & 11pm
CRASH and get up to head to the parks!

Pretty tough driving all day, but it's a LOT cheaper than flying, and you can't fall out of the sky :p

Upvote 0

Rust1978

RE: 1st Night Traditions

My 1st Night tradition is a hotdog at the Contemporary Resort, followed by a few games of skeet ball. I've had that tradition for more than twenty years. Later. -Rick :king:

Upvote 0

Nansafan

We usually arrive in the afternoon. After check-in, off to Epcot for lunch or snack at the Electric Umbrella. Next is get a FP if still available for Test Track then to whereever our feet carry us. This trip it might be a FP for Mission Space instead of Test Track.

Upvote 0

disneytati

Originally posted by TAC
My wife and I live in the Northeast as well. My departing (to go to WDW) tradition is to wear shorts at the airport. I have worn sweat pants and a jacket on the way TO the airport, but I will not wear winter clothes when going to WDW!

As I wear summer clothes all year long, I do the opposite!!! Go to the airport wearing tank and bermudas, and then put on the winter clothes I keep in my closet just for WDW december trips!:xmas:

First night: Downtonw Disney (I am here!!!! I am here!!!!) First park : MK all day long, until the fireworks (can't wait to watch Wishes!!!)

Going only in December... Too much to count...:cry:

Upvote 0

Shannon_Yensid

for us, we seem to stop at MK first, but thats usually just because spectro is running that night (and often only that night, the entire week). but i enjoy it because then we can do spectro, wishes, and then run over to epcot for illuminations (if we're quick) so its usually a long but fun first night :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom