First night tradition???

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
Anyone besides me have a first night of your Disney trip tradition that you live by?

Every first night of the trip. I take a nice walk around the Marketplace. We always go to planet Hollywood for dinner, and have a couple drinks while we're there. Then, hit Planet Hollywood for a toast to another Disney vacation.

Anyone else got one?

colleen313

My family doesn't really have any set tradition, since often the times we have gotten to Disney World have varied. Usually though, if we get there sometime in the early afternoon, we will check in and scope out the hotel and our room some. Then we usually head out to one of the parks (usually the magic kingdom). One tradition that I do have when I first get to a park is that at some point I have to get one of those ice cream bars that has chocolate icecream and caramel inside with a coating of chocolate on the outside. I forget the name of it, but it is sooo good!! :slurp:

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Traditions

:snore: Our first day usually means arriving at our hotel in Orlando between 6 and 7 pm and then unpacking - by the time we're straight its nearer 9pm - add 5 hours for the UK-USA time difference and our body clocks are running at 2am :snore:
So, our first day tradition is always bed !!. We always visit SeaWorld for our first full day in Florida

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

We check in, turn on the zipadeedoodah channel and change into our swimsuits. Our kids don't feel like they're on vacation until they've been in the hotel pool! After we've done it once we can hold them off a few days or until it's more convenient. Then we head to Downtown Disney to eat and buy our first batch of souveniers!

Upvote 0

JMishy

We'll check into our hotel (WL) and then take the ferry right to MK. Once in MK, our first ride has to be Space Mountain. After Space Mountain, we go and get a Dole Whip. Anything after that is up to a whim. :D

Upvote 0

Smee

We usually arrive at our resort late afternoon/early evening. We get everything set for an early morning start then head for the pool first thing. After the pool, a quick meal at the resort then off to Fantasia Golf. After golf, back to the hotel for a late dip in the pool.

Upvote 0

raven

Arive in early afternoon, quick check in and change of clothes then head to Downtown Disney for shopping and dinner (really gets you in the mood that you are really there!). After that I like to head to Epcot and sit outside the gates for a few minutes gazing at Spaceship Earth lit at night, then enter the park for Illuminations and a toast. :)

Upvote 0

M. Racer

Will all of you that drive for hours to get to WDW and then go to sleep immediately let me know what day you normally arrive. With all of you sleeping, the lines MUST be shorter...:lol:

Upvote 0

WDWHeadBanger

The first night we get there we always have dinner at the liberty tree, or the Rainforest Cafe in Animal Kingdom. On the years that we have the annual passes from the year before, we each go to whatever park we are feeling and then back to the hotel for a swim. If its the year that our pass expires then we just walk around downtown disney or ride the monorail around.

65 more days!

Upvote 0

MouseMadness

Originally posted by joviacdan
YIKES!!!!!

Your avatar is freaking me out man!:eek: :eek: :eek:

I have no idea why? What is it?:confused:

Anyhoo, we always get there around 1-ish, have lunch at Cinderella's castle, cruise the MK and squeeze in what we can, head back to the resort to make ourselves a bit more presentable, then off to the California Grille. :slurp:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom