First night dining help

MagicMegan

Original Poster
My mother and I arrive in Disney Thursday around 5pm. We don't have ADRs for this day, it didn't seem to make sense. We are staying at POP and are trying to think of places to eat that night. I was thinking either at POP or trying somewhere at DTD. There is also EMH that night at MK till 3am.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Arriving at WDW on the week after Easter without ADRs isn't the best way to go as it will still be extemely busy. Looks like you'll have to settle for a counter service meal unless you ring dining now and see what (if anything) is left

mickeysshoes

Head to downtown disney and make a stop at raglan road or captain jacks for a first night dinner. You should be able to eat at either place without an ADR even if you have eat at the bar. Good luck and have a good trip

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I would echo the DtD suggestion. There's plenty of options, and even with it being a busy week you should be able to find something. I would suggest perhaps calling Disney Dining from the road and seeing what is available. It might save you a little footwork in the end....

K&KMom

Yes - GO SABRES!

I'd investigate www.restaurant.com - there are multiple restaurants in Downtown Disney listed on there and you should be able to get a good gift certificate to help defray costs!

Enjoy your trip!!

PeoplemoverTTA

I'd suggest Wolfgang Puck's in the marketplace for an ADR-free, decent quality meal. Or, the meatball bar at Portobello (a few folks here have raved about it - affordable and delicious!).

Go Sabres! :sohappy:

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
My mother and I arrive in Disney Thursday around 5pm. We don't have ADRs for this day, it didn't seem to make sense. We are staying at POP and are trying to think of places to eat that night. I was thinking either at POP or trying somewhere at DTD. There is also EMH that night at MK till 3am.

Ohhh I of course would jump at the chance to hit the park another day so my first choice would be to to hit the parks and just grab something to eat at the Counter Service locations or try to get dinner at CRT or CP. But if you hit DTD - I like Raglan Road! :slurp:

MagicMegan

Original Poster
Arriving at WDW on the week after Easter without ADRs isn't the best way to go as it will still be extemely busy. Looks like you'll have to settle for a counter service meal unless you ring dining now and see what (if anything) is left

We do have ADRs, just not for that night.

MagicMegan

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. I think we will try the meatball bar. I would try Raglan Road again... I just hated it last time, so I'm afraid to try it again.

Dads 2 Boys

My suggestion is to head over to MK to go to Cosmic Ray's and get an outdoor seat so you can view the Castle and relax. There are lot's of choice and a great "fixin's bar" too!

DizneyPryncess

It sounds like you have it figured it out, but I thought I'd throw my suggestion out there anyways. We always eat at the Polynesian our first night, and watch the fireworks from the beach there. It's just a really nice way to start your trip. Kona Cafe still has reservations available - and it's SO good there. You may be able to walk up to and get a table, I've done it before. Good luck! :)

MagicMegan

Original Poster
It sounds like you have it figured it out, but I thought I'd throw my suggestion out there anyways. We always eat at the Polynesian our first night, and watch the fireworks from the beach there. It's just a really nice way to start your trip. Kona Cafe still has reservations available - and it's SO good there. You may be able to walk up to and get a table, I've done it before. Good luck! :)

OOOOO I didn't even think about that! Hmm, I'll have to talk to my mom.

ThinkTink721

We have learned the hard way not to book any ADRs on our arrival date.
There have been too many times that we have found ourselves racing to the restaurant in order to make it there on time.
I would suggest a CS at your resort or at the park you visit that night.
:wave:

obrienIII

Kona!!!!!!!!! Lapu lapu , sushi, and fireworks from the beach! Wish I could join you:shrug: ...guess I'll have to wait until the end of May. We are eating 'Ohana our first night. Have fun! See you in November:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom