First MVMCP

kennygman

Original Poster
This information came from a friend who is a local:
Wait times for characters looked pretty short. There were NO lines for rides. The party was not a sell out.

Here's the schedule
Castle lighting ceremony 6:30 pm
Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade 8:15 & 10:30 pm
Holiday Wishes--Celebrate the Spirit of the Season 9:30pm
Mickey's Twas the Night before Christmas 7pm, 8pm, 9pm, 10:15pm & 11:15pm
Celebrate the Season Show 7:45pm, 10:05pm & 11:20pm Castle
Belle's Enchanted Christmas Story 7:15pm, 8:10pm, 10pm & 11:15pm Belle's Garden
Character dance parties at Ariel's Grotto and Ray's Starlight Cafe Every hour on the hour

Characters
Mickey and Minnie Toontown in each one's own house
Cinderella/Prince Charming rotated with Princess Aurora/Prince Phillip Toontown Hall
Belle/Beast & Aurora & Prince rotated at Skyway
Tinkerbelle & Fairies Toontown Hall
Donald & Scrooge rotated at Donald's Tree Lot

Cookies, Apple Slices, Hot Chocolate & Apple Juice

kennygman

Original Poster
My friend saw them out in Frontierland mingling with guests. Also saw Genie, Aladdin, Jasmine & Abu in Adventureland.

burninup4nick

sadly we wont be going to the party this year (I had to pick between MNSSHP and MVMCP and I chose halloween) but we will hopefully be making a trip in December!

thanks for the update :)

kennygman

Original Poster
Were Chip 'n Dale out during the party?

Not sure, I'll have to ask about them. My guess would be yes, but just a guess based on the fact that the chipmunks seem to be everywhere in WDW :)

As far as I'm aware, there were only two sold-out Halloween Parties, so I wouldn't expect that from the Christmas Parties for at least a couple of weeks.

Usually a couple of Fridays and maybe some other days during the final week will sell out on MVMCP. The last day is always a sell out as the people are coming in for their Christmas vacations and want to catch it before it ends.

disneydiva72

Ahhh yes, I remember those days......there were parts that you felt you were the ONLY ones in the park...one time we walked over by the tree house and we were BY OURSELVES, there was not a single soul with us, it was absolutely AMAZING, we came across a bunch of dancing cast members over by the Jungle cruise, we had so much fun with them, they were just having their own little party. :lol:

I have to find the pictures I have of Aventure land and Fantasy land COMPLETELY empty except for me, my husband and my 2 kids. My son even said to me "Mom, are we in the wrong place? are we suppose to be here?" lol

kennygman

Original Poster
Reminds me of this photo from Wed. Dec 13, 2006 at about 11 AM EVERYTHING was walk on at MK
100_9484.jpg

IlikeDW

...or just stay really late.

Anyway, back on topic--good to hear that the Bears were out. :sohappy: I hope to see some of them together this year. We got our pictures with each of them separately last year.

Sorry - back on topic.
Going for our first Christmas holiday trip in two weeks and getting really excited about it. What are the must see shows during the parade, are the early Dec parties usually packed?

sweetpee_1993

Usually a couple of Fridays and maybe some other days during the final week will sell out on MVMCP. The last day is always a sell out as the people are coming in for their Christmas vacations and want to catch it before it ends.

We went to MVMCP on Tuesday, Dec. 4th last year and it was sold out. I saw the sign posted outside the gates sort of over towards where Guest Relations is. Crowds were really horrible. Main Street was packed like sardines. Character meets were 45+ minutes wait and Santa was an impossible 1 1/2 hours wait. It was different and festive but not something I would want to do again if I thought for a second it was going to be sold out. I read recently where someone was going to wait until they got down to WDW and eat the extra cost to buy tickets the day of rather than prepurchase so they can see what the crowds looked like and so they didn't end up wasting money to go on a sold out night. I think that would be the way I would go if we were to go in December.

kennygman

Original Poster
We went to MVMCP on Tuesday, Dec. 4th last year and it was sold out. I saw the sign posted outside the gates sort of over towards where Guest Relations is. Crowds were really horrible. Main Street was packed like sardines. Character meets were 45+ minutes wait and Santa was an impossible 1 1/2 hours wait. It was different and festive but not something I would want to do again if I thought for a second it was going to be sold out. I read recently where someone was going to wait until they got down to WDW and eat the extra cost to buy tickets the day of rather than prepurchase so they can see what the crowds looked like and so they didn't end up wasting money to go on a sold out night. I think that would be the way I would go if we were to go in December.

We went to the final party of the year in 2006 which was a sell out. We arrived at 4 pm and no one was in line. We rode rides for 3 hours with little or no line. We did have to wait about 30 minutes for the Princesses, but the other characters were walk up or short lines. We got parade spot about 30 minutes early, then everyone started to fill in. Overall we had a terrific time though. Wait times for non-fantasyland rides were non-existant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom