First impressions of the Dream

ChuckElias

Original Poster
goosh!George Lucas on board the Disney Dream! Great;)
That is brother-in-law, Steve, and not actually George Lucas :)

Here's today's batch. These are all from Animator's Palette:

DSCN0398.jpg

DSCN0392.jpg

DSCN0390.jpg

I was told that the butter knives pictured above were stolen in great numbers during the inaugural cruise. :(

Disneyfalcon

I heard that too! They were showing up on ebay. I love love those butter knives. I didn't steal one but I was wishing they sold them!:)

thewhitequeen

That is brother-in-law, Steve, and not actually George Lucas :)

Here's today's batch. These are all from Animator's Palette:

DSCN0398.jpg

DSCN0392.jpg

DSCN0390.jpg

I was told that the butter knives pictured above were stolen in great numbers during the inaugural cruise. :(

What kind of jerk steals knives? :mad:

I'm enjoying the photos - it's hard to believe that the photos are from a ship. It's beautiful.

ChuckElias

Original Poster
What kind of jerk steals knives? :mad:
I was told that almost anything that wasn't nailed down disappeared in a hurry from the inaugural sailing. The complimentary champagne glasses were snatched up if left unattended for 5 seconds. Many people had them up on eBay before the end of the cruise. :(

I'm enjoying the photos
That gets a :) Glad you like them!

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Today, a couple from the teen areas:

My daughter and nephew doing a weather report in front of a green screen:

DSCN0372.jpg

And the entrance to the Edge club for younger teens:

DSCN0370.jpg

By the way, I received an email last night from Karl Holz, just saying thanks for one little suggestion I emailed to him. Nice just to get a response :)

devoy1701

I would take one of those awesome knives... I would take one of those plates too if I thought I could get away with it! Just sayin... :wave:

devoy1701

I have no words.

Just being honest. It's not like I make a habit of petty crimes or anything, and I agree that if they had them to buy, I would definitely buy one. But something small like that is bound to get taken. And we're going to be on our honeymoon and we'll definitely be collecting little trinkets and keepsake items from our trip! We will definitely be stopping by the giftshop for plenty of legit keepsakes too! I'm sorry if that makes you think less of me, but I bet most people on this forum have taken a small something from somewhere at some point in their lives...

Disneyfalcon

Just being honest. It's not like I make a habit of petty crimes or anything, and I agree that if they had them to buy, I would definitely buy one. But something small like that is bound to get taken. And we're going to be on our honeymoon and we'll definitely be collecting little trinkets and keepsake items from our trip! We will definitely be stopping by the giftshop for plenty of legit keepsakes too! I'm sorry if that makes you think less of me, but I bet most people on this forum have taken a small something from somewhere at some point in their lives...

I'm sorry that sounded harsher than I intended. I really didn't mean it to be overly judgmental. I was mostly expressing shock that you admitted it here. :)

Dream

Maybe they would solve the problem of people "collecting" souvies by selling them in the shop!!--perhaps put a note on the menus saying--if you like our cutlery etc--you can buy a set in the shop!!

devoy1701

Maybe they would solve the problem of people "collecting" souvies by selling them in the shop!!--perhaps put a note on the menus saying--if you like our cutlery etc--you can buy a set in the shop!!

exactly. I'm all for it! And it would deter my petty theft issue that Tammy doesn't think to highly of! :p

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Some more from the teen areas.

Here's the pool, reserved exclusively for older teens, outside the Vibe club:

DSCN0367.jpg

View of the bridge from the same outdoor area. It's a pretty cool setup for the teenagers:

DSCN0366.jpg

Teen area in the Spa:

DSCN0342.jpg

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Today's batch:

Entrance to the District. This background is supposed to make you feel like you're a celebrity being interviewed or photographed at an "event". You know how they stand in front of a background that shows the event's sponsors or whatever. That's what this is supposed to feel like.

DSCN0357.jpg

Inside the Skyline lounge:

DSCN0361.jpg

Your choice of showers in the spa:

DSCN0348.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom