First Alice in Wonderland! Will Sleeping Beauty Be Next?

Tink313

Interesting...but is Sleeping Beauty dark enough for him :drevil: Unless its mostly about Malifencent :lookaroun

NEVERMIND just read the link that movie would be awesome imagine that dragon in 3D it would be great :sohappy:

Victor

Further evidence that Burton has lost all originality. Oh how the mighty have fallen...creatively at least (Burton, Lucas, Spielberg, and yes...CAMERON.)

EPCOT Explorer

Further evidence that Burton has lost all originality. Oh how the mighty have fallen...creatively at least (Burton, Lucas, Spielberg, and yes...CAMERON.)

:eek:

So Avatar is just a historiographical messiah tale...so what?! :lol:

I would like to see a live SB, though..

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Well, neither story was exactly original when Walt Disney breathed new life into them either. So was Walt also devoid of creativity and originality? :rolleyes:

Victor

Well, neither story was exactly original when Walt Disney breathed new life into them either. So was Walt also devoid of creativity and originality? :rolleyes:

There's a big difference in what I said and what you're saying, and you know it. While Walt Disney did adapt these stories in his own style (add the fact that animated features were still relatively new and exclusive to Disney), the point is he was doing things audiences hadn't seen before.

With Burton, I feel like I have seen it all before. The spirals, the shadows, the gothic overtones...Burton is a ghost of his former self. It's like he's just going through the motions with one remake and reimagining after the other. And ALL of his films since Big Fish have been pretty mediocre. I'm not trying to bash him because I adore Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Nightmare Before Christmas, Ed Wood, and ______ Wee's Big Adventure. They are some of the most unique films of the late 80's and early 90's. I just wish he had a new classic up his sleeve, and who knows? Maybe Alice will be great. I hope it is.

Just my opinion of course.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Big Fish was released in 2003. I loved it. (Of course part of the reason is I watched them film quite a bit of it here. :shrug:) I also met him while he was filming here.

I love the surrealistic approach he takes on a lot of his films.

Perhaps I misunderstood. I thought you meant that since he was filming stories that had already been told, he was therefore uncreative.

Victor

Big Fish was released in 2003. I loved it. (Of course part of the reason is I watched them film quite a bit of it here. :shrug:) I also met him while he was filming here.

I should have said all of his films after Big Fish were mediocre. I too loved Big Fish. I love the fact that it has some of those Tim Burton touches, but it feels and looks different than most of his other films. It also never let the visuals get in the way of story.

_Scar

Unless there is a Maleficent-perspective movie out there, how is he not being original?

sweetpee_1993

I'm surprised there's been no reference to Anne Roquelaure's (Rice) version of the Sleeping Beauty story. Now that's an interesting read. I doubt we'd ever see a movie of those 3 books. Lol!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom