Trip Report First 6 pack Vaca!

Who: Top to bottom, left to right.
1E2669B7-6319-4609-9FE7-11AB5D0A091F.jpeg
Me (Dolly Parton made a song of my name šŸ˜œ), Hubby, Bear(8), Handsome (5),Ninja (8) and Jet (10).
What: We were supposed to go on a 40th birthday extravaganza for me back in March both of our extended families were set to join the festivities. When COVID hit we changed locations to Arizona however I still wanted my Disney fix. So we are surprising the kids on their last day of school and heading to WDW. This will be our first family vacation without any extended family (no grandparents, cousins etc). We are excited to spend quality time with our kiddos.
A few pictures from my 40th celebration.
D91AC148-34D5-4232-B728-E13159FA2E11.jpeg
3966BC93-72BF-425B-A3B5-555A45A3B4E2.jpeg
5F6DADAE-EDA1-4A72-B9E6-BADC6D3884E0.jpeg
7719F41A-B202-4D0D-BCC2-FFA8A666CC8B.jpeg
Where: AOA Cars family suite. The girls love AOA for the Ariel rooms however since we donā€™t have the grandparents to bunk up with we are trying out the Cars suites. Handsome adores Cars so it was a no brainer when choosing theming.
When: May 27-June 1st, 5 day tickets with Park Hopper. I totally goofed on Park reservations. I booked a lot of DHS in the beginning to make sure we had a chance at ROTR. Our younger 3 havenā€™t been to WDW since 2017 since our last trip was to DLR. Well long story short by the time I went in to change them every park was booked up! So there will be a lot of park hopping this trip.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
I have put off my trip report to extend my WDW trip as long as possible. This one was a hard one for me for soooo many reasons. Iā€™ll get into those later. I have been in Disney mourning however my husband gave me a glimmer of hope of a one day trip just the two of us in November so it brightened my spirits enough to get started. So here is goes.

We left off with the Magic band arrival. We had all the typical end of school year/soccer season crazies.

Jet made the jump to Travel Soccer this year so it was a crazy year. She was awarded the most improved player and earned a starting position on her very competitive team so proud mom moment here for her.
F3C18D25-5624-4531-8FD5-2A7802771189.jpeg

Bear ended her swim season with the coaches award.
495CCC91-FA4B-4C19-8120-CC8F801BDB50.jpeg

Ninja finished her first season of hockey but I have no pictures since only one parent was allowed in the rinkšŸ˜­. Handsome graduated preschool and will be off to Kindergarten this fall. The pandemic has been rough but our kiddos learned to be flexible and thrived!!

Anyways after a busy Spring and all my late night packing sessions, school wrapped up for the year and it was time for the suprise.

May 27th- Travel day 7:00pm
I apologize in advance for the screaming and photographer. My hubby kept flipping the phone around.

Songbird76

I have put off my trip report to extend my WDW trip as long as possible. This one was a hard one for me for soooo many reasons. Iā€™ll get into those later. I have been in Disney mourning however my husband gave me a glimmer of hope of a one day trip just the two of us in November so it brightened my spirits enough to get started. So here is goes.

We left off with the Magic band arrival. We had all the typical end of school year/soccer season crazies.

Jet made the jump to Travel Soccer this year so it was a crazy year. She was awarded the most improved player and earned a starting position on her very competitive team so proud mom moment here for her.View attachment 565047
Bear ended her swim season with the coaches award.View attachment 565049
Ninja finished her first season of hockey but I have no pictures since only one parent was allowed in the rinkšŸ˜­. Handsome graduated preschool and will be off to Kindergarten this fall. The pandemic has been rough but our kiddos learned to be flexible and thrived!!

Anyways after a busy Spring and all my late night packing sessions, school wrapped up for the year and it was time for the suprise.

May 27th- Travel day 7:00pm
I apologize in advance for the screaming and photographer. My hubby kept flipping the phone around.

Awwww.....I love the "Why does HE get to open it?" and then they all jump up screaming "Right now??" and he's still sitting there studying the contents of the box. So funny.

Last edited:

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.

I loved every minute of this video.

For the record, no need to apologize for the kids screaming. I am feeling that energy.
I mean honestly, what other reaction is there to a surprise WDW trip?

I promise if you drop a surprise WDW vacation on me, I definitely can out scream your entire crew. :cool:

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
The kiddos quickly packed up all their inflight entertainment (snacks, headphones, iPads and books). We loaded them up. Dropped the pup off at the boarder and we were on our way. One of my favorite new finds since COVID is the walking lot at our airport. No waiting for a shuttle, just park and walk. Hubby dropped the kiddos and I off at departures with the bags and he made the short walk to meet us. Security was a breeze.
17B85F07-2D27-49D0-B55C-7244AF541D35.jpeg
Our flight was quick.
2BDCC868-DD2A-418A-8D50-43334C3FB60E.jpeg
FC72199F-6318-4E8C-A6F2-70487E13B40A.jpeg
Bear loved looking at the window and at one point exclaimed ā€œ Mama itā€™s beautiful!ā€
9026A960-D2F4-4F5C-9018-1672427F8EB6.jpeg

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
We landed early which was great since it was 11:00pm and two hours past our kids bedtime. I took this picture of Ninja because of her socks. She couldnā€™t decide which stitch pair to wear so she put on both!šŸ˜³Only a kid could wear two pairs of socks in late May.
97628558-B915-46C3-8058-B65F540B0D0D.jpeg
1D5B0E06-FF75-498B-AFC7-E8EC070E0466.jpeg

Handsome ā€œ Look Mama no hands!ā€
F6C8FCB3-0ECF-46FF-83C3-C4CC8970AF9F.jpeg
My rule followeršŸ˜.
01412720-0DF1-4D8C-B983-915F789B53C6.jpeg

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
I swear they moved the Magical Express pick up. It seemed so much farther now that you have to bring your own luggage. Ninja wanted to be the first to scan her stitch magic band after the castmember said ā€œThank you princess.ā€ Handsome started dying laughing and said ā€œNinja he just called you princess.ā€ We only waited about 5 minutes to load up and 5 minutes on the bus. No videos during the trip but at least AOA is the first stop.
CA9EA539-28BB-4CE1-8C9B-3A18A4D03981.jpeg
D2BC19A0-B07F-42D6-9C68-E90076441A2B.jpeg

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
I loved every minute of this video.

For the record, no need to apologize for the kids screaming. I am feeling that energy.
I mean honestly, what other reaction is there to a surprise WDW trip?

I promise if you drop a surprise WDW vacation on me, I definitely can out scream your entire crew. :cool:
I would love to hear/see your suprise trip reactionšŸ¤£.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom