Fireworks returning to WDW

When do you believe fireworks will return to WDW?

• Before the end of June

• Sometime between July 1st - 3rd

• July 4th

• Sometime in August

• Sometime in September

• October 1st

Results are only viewable after voting.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not sure if you’re meaning most posters, most bloggers or what.

Have you been following the main thread on this? Our insiders have been saying for a while that Disney want to avoid a huge event on July 4th. And although they haven’t categorically ruled out the beginning of the month, it would seem to be counter intuitive to start them before July 4th.

If MK and Epcot do start the same night, then between July 5th and 15th seems likely, since Food and Wine starts on July 15th. That’s my guess.
There could always be regular versions of shows on the 4th. Should they choose to start before then.

DisneyDefenders

Original Poster
Not sure if you’re meaning most posters, most bloggers or what.

Have you been following the main thread on this? Our insiders have been saying for a while that Disney want to avoid a huge event on July 4th. And although they haven’t categorically ruled out the beginning of the month, it would seem to be counter intuitive to start them before July 4th.

If MK and Epcot do start the same night, then between July 5th and 15th seems likely, since Food and Wine starts on July 15th. That’s my guess.
I mean most that have replied to the poll.

DisneyDefenders

Original Poster
Do we really need another thread about this?
Do we really need more members of this forum complaining about a thread that they didn't have to click on or take time to respond to?

As stated above, this thread is a poll based on the most recent rumors surrounding the return of fireworks to WDW. No one is obliged to read it or vote on the poll if they are offended by it.

MissViv

I voted October 1st - I think they will come back for the 50th celebration! But .... if social distancing is a concern, they may shoot them off after the park closes so crowds cannot gather!

They could still be seen from the parking lot and some Disney resorts.

G00fyDad

Hey board police, don’t forget to activate your sirens. 🙄
R99183a4a5c8ac39080a2b8f1006f898d.jpeg.jpg

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Do we really need more members of this forum complaining about a thread that they didn't have to click on or take time to respond to?

As stated above, this thread is a poll based on the most recent rumors surrounding the return of fireworks to WDW. No one is obliged to read it or vote on the poll if they are offended by it.

Well, what has been clicked cannot be unclicked. Since you got me to click with such a vague thread title, you get the benefit of my input.

I would have included a "Never" option in your poll.

And I would have called this thread, "{POLL} When Do You Think The Fireworks Will Return?"

Nottamus

Here @ Epcot a few nights this week

noticed one night they put a few small platforms in place. Then a couple
Of bigger ones.

went back the next night, they were gone, and a couple more were put out there.

so, not any indicator of a date, but there is some activity

DisneyDefenders

Original Poster
I voted October 1st - I think they will come back for the 50th celebration! But .... if social distancing is a concern, they may shoot them off after the park closes so crowds cannot gather!

They could still be seen from the parking lot and some Disney resorts.
It seems like they are already giving some guests a small taste of the fireworks in this fashion with the testing taking place after park closing. I would imagine though that whenever the fireworks come back officially, it will be in a way that guests can fully experience the magic of the show.

DisneyDefenders

Original Poster
Well, what has been clicked cannot be unclicked. Since you got me to click with such a vague thread title, you get the benefit of my input.

I would have included a "Never" option in your poll.

And I would have called this thread, "{POLL} When Do You Think The Fireworks Will Return?"
Perhaps you should consider writing a book to provide your input on how to title threads and the best options to include in polls, based on what would get you to simply vote on a poll without criticism, after your sensibilities are so insulted by clicking on a thread and realizing it was different than what you thought it should be.

DisneyDefenders

Original Poster
Here @ Epcot a few nights this week

noticed one night they put a few small platforms in place. Then a couple
Of bigger ones.

went back the next night, they were gone, and a couple more were put out there.

so, not any indicator of a date, but there is some activity
It definitely seems as if HarmonioUS is humming along nicely. We'll see if its debut coincides with the return of fireworks based on the dates people are voting on.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Perhaps you should consider writing a book to provide your input on how to title threads and the best options to include in polls, based on what would get you to simply vote on a poll without criticism, after your sensibilities are so insulted by clicking on a thread and realizing it was different than what you thought it should be.
I appreciate your confidence in my literary acumen, but I think I'll just keep on trying to make this a better board one thread at a time.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Do we really need another thread about this?
Not only do we not need another thread about fireworks. But even more so, we don't need people who keep asking about it several times a day trying to pump our insiders for more info then they've already said they would be uncomfortable in giving to protect their sources.

Does that remind you of anyone?

TTA94

Not only do we not need another thread about fireworks. But even more so, we don't need people who keep asking about it several times a day trying to pump our insiders for more info then they've already said they would be uncomfortable in giving to protect their sources.

We even more so do not need people that have made rude comments toward others, assuming things and judging when you no nothing about that person and calling them out on public threads instead of being nice and respectful about it and send a PM with their concerns. Especially when that person has neither done nor said anything wrong directly toward the other person. That person can also use the ignore button if they do not wish to view others posts that they find annoying or “digging for information”.

Have a great evening.

Skibum1970

I had hoped that you would pop into the "Favorite Restroom" thread as I always appreciate your comments and the subject matter was wide open for sarcasm. And yeah, Disney will restart fireworks whenever they feel like doing so makes sense. Also, with Disney having been in cost-cutting mode, fireworks could be delayed due to cost or even for staffing shortages. However, I have no insight and, thankfully, have not been losing sleep about the lack of fireworks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom