Fire at Magic Kingdom

ToTBellHop

No, no they weren’t.

This is by no means the first time this has happened. Old school Disney did this when necessary too. You just didn’t have cell phones, digital cameras, and social media.
I don’t see what the big deal is. There is no off-stage way to get to this particular location. Not even ‘70s Magic could have avoided this.

Glad no one was hurt.

peter11435

It makes sense in a perfectly normal world but is quite egregious and miscalculated for Disney. Obviously not saying show over safety means letting people die or things burn in lieu of preserving the magic (makes me think of that South Park episode OLD TIME VILLAGE) but there were better protocols to handle this I'm sure
No there weren’t. There was an active fire. The protocol is and should be to get units to the scene the quickest way possible.

ToTBellHop

To be fair, The New York Post is known for its cutthroat mudslinging. Fun fact, in 2004 it was ranked the least-credible major news outlet in New York.
936BA3E5-3463-4F38-A878-98CDF269D52E.jpeg

Creathir

No there weren’t. There was an active fire. The protocol is and should be to get units to the scene the quickest way possible.
I suppose there would be Monday morning quarterbacking had the castle caught fire and burned down too…

While I do think driving down Main Street may have been a tad excessive and reactionary, I don’t know the full details. A brush fire can get out of hand pretty quickly if it’s been dry, and with all of the accompaniments added to the castle right now, it may be slightly more at risk than normal.

The experts would know, and they decided trucks needed to roll down Main Street. Simple as that.

TikibirdLand

I suppose there would be Monday morning quarterbacking had the castle caught fire and burned down too…

While I do think driving down Main Street may have been a tad excessive and reactionary, I don’t know the full details. A brush fire can get out of hand pretty quickly if it’s been dry, and with all of the accompaniments added to the castle right now, it may be slightly more at risk than normal.

The experts would know, and they decided trucks needed to roll down Main Street. Simple as that.
It's the closest we'll get to a night-time parade at the MK. So, I welcome seeing this. Maybe they could do this more often...

Monorail_Red_77

This is why we need an 1800's horse drawn fire brigade, they could have used that to get water and equipment down to the castle and not break theme. Would have never made the news. Guests would have thought it was a new show. They could even enlist the existing main street fire truck. I'm sure there are few Imagineers left that are good enough to cram some modern firefighting equipment and tools into turn of the century packaging.

Lilofan

Split second decisions like decisions made in real time emergencies will always have the Monday morning quarterbacks voicing their opinions. That's real world.

Cesar R M

About 10 years ago there were burning wildfires that the firefighters tried to contain in nearby Kissimmee. The air was thick of smoke and haze it made breathing very difficult while we were in the theme parks that week. Wearing a mask would have good but we wrapped some of our t-shirts into bandanas to wear on our faces. Wildfires are no joke.
Why are you compared a WILDFIRE with a Theme park small bush fire?

flynnibus

Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom