Fire at Magic Kingdom

Lilofan

Oh absolutely. I just don’t know why some on here seem to support that. We all know that’s what happens, but we shouldn’t use it as an excuse for faulty reporting and misinformation
Stating a fact it is what it is, ( Bit for a plug, I know some journalists who do good work ) but some put out misinformation it is a support for the media.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

You were joking about a wildfire.
1639675260537.png

You know I was talking about Chapek in a sarcastic way about his "successes" ?
You need to learn to read the whole sentence than just focusing on a single word you dislike.

Cesar R M

new night parade....yes!
Speaking of parades.. Has Disney ever made a parade to congratulate rescuers like EMTs and Fire-fighters?

The number of "news" outlets that go to press without giving a party adequate time to comment is astounding. Therefore I can imagine most "news" outlets also prioritize going to press over making sure everything is neat and tidy.

Well, consider the fact that many newsoutlets no longer pay decent journalists.. as they prefer to just take tweets of people that CLAIMS to be "on the scene" with no verification.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I suppose there would be Monday morning quarterbacking had the castle caught fire and burned down too…

While I do think driving down Main Street may have been a tad excessive and reactionary, I don’t know the full details. A brush fire can get out of hand pretty quickly if it’s been dry, and with all of the accompaniments added to the castle right now, it may be slightly more at risk than normal.

The experts would know, and they decided trucks needed to roll down Main Street. Simple as that.
It was a brush fire (hence the one engine). And the security guard who inhaled dry chemical agent from the extinguisher who was having trouble breathing as a result (hence the two ambulances, one BLS and one ALS).

An activated alarm would have brought at least 2 engines, a ladder and a battalion chief.
A confirmed structure fire would probably bring all 4 companies and both battalion chiefs.

Lilofan

It was a brush fire (hence the one engine). And the security guard who inhaled dry chemical agent from the extinguisher who was having trouble breathing as a result (hence the two ambulances, one BLS and one ALS).

An activated alarm would have brought at least 2 engines, a ladder and a battalion chief.
A confirmed structure fire would probably bring all 4 companies and both battalion chiefs.
If the guard was wearing a N95 mask, there would perhaps not be a need for medical.

hosekiller

Simple, it ( N95) would have kept out the fumes that he inhaled. Not too hard to understand.
I get that, but the general public doesn’t wear N95s. I don’t understand why you expect someone to wear one, just seems like a random comment 🤷🏻‍♂️

Besides, they’re currently not super easy to come by, and aren’t very effective unless fitted properly. Dry chem gets everywhere when used.

mikeymouse

Speaking of parades.. Has Disney ever made a parade to congratulate rescuers like EMTs and Fire-fighters?
Not that I can recall. My hometown has parades like this all the time. Fire trucks, marching bands, veterans. I believe there was a brief first responder discount sometime after 9/11.

PG 134

If the guard was wearing a N95 mask, there would perhaps not be a need for medical.
N95 masks are against Disney Policy for Cast Members. Cast Members are to wear company issued masks to please the Disney Look freaks.

Very true. Large amounts of responding RCFD units for alarms and confirmed structure fires.

GCTales

Simple, it ( N95) would have kept out the fumes that he inhaled. Not too hard to understand.
N95 masks keep out airborne particulate matter and liquids. They do not protect against fumes.

Nitrogen or CO2 are the most common propellants for dry chem fire exringuishers. A N95 would not prevent inhalation of these gases.

To protect from fumes or gases, a true respirator (which requires fit testing) with appropriate filtration is required.

However, you would be correct that an N95 would provide protection to the wearer from inhaling the powder extinguishing agent in the dry Chem fire extinuisher.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom