Finger Print Readers Suspended??

MickeyLuv'r

Agreed, I imagine they are cleaned regularly, and we always have had sanitizer ready after we have used them. It’s everything else that’s an issue, grab rails waiting in line, pull down bars in attractions (Peter Pan), interactive queues (think honey screen on winnie), the list is endless. I imagine finger scanners and toilets are the cleanest places in the parks.

I mostly agree, but I'd go a step further. I think the bigger risk is the things we're not thinking about.

Most important, do CM's get paid sick leave?

steveNJ

For what it’s worth, touchpoint were definitely used on Sunday at Epcot but they had a cast member with a bucket of Lysol wipes wiping them after every use (at least in the AP lanes).

Zé_Carioca

Most important, do CM's get paid sick leave?

Don't know if it will change for Corona but from my understanding from friends: as it stands PT and Seasonal don't get sick days and most CMs don't want to call out because if you call out for less than 3 days you get points and most can't afford to go 3+ days without pay so they only call out when really really needed.

erstwo

I wonder if Disney will ban cash 😂

I'm not in an area with an outbreak and yesterday one of my favorite restaurants (locally owned) announced they will no longer accept cash until the outbreak is over. They are encouraging 'tap to pay'.

drod1985

On February 25th at Magic Kingdom we were told fingerprint scanners weren't required due to "too much Pixie Dust going around."

thomas998

I don't have an answer, but just saying fingerprint readers are filthy and gross. Wish these would go away permanently. I'm not a terrible germophobe, but given a fair amount of the population are filthy people who don't wash their hands after using the restroom, I'd be ecstatic if these went the way of the horse-drawn buggy.
I feel the same way about the credit car readers where you have to use the special pen to sing or the push the keypad buttons to enter your pin number, anything you have to enter pin on will be just as nasty like when you enter one for the magic band purchase... Then of course the really nasty things are the new touch screens in fast food places where you have to touch a big screen to order your food, how many hands that came straight from the bathroom used those things without ever seeing a drop of soap and water.

graphite1326

I feel the same way about the credit car readers where you have to use the special pen to sing or the push the keypad buttons to enter your pin number, anything you have to enter pin on will be just as nasty like when you enter one for the magic band purchase... Then of course the really nasty things are the new touch screens in fast food places where you have to touch a big screen to order your food, how many hands that came straight from the bathroom used those things without ever seeing a drop of soap and water.
I have been many places traveling. Even at WDW I am surprised how many men do not wash their hands after they urinate. I would say it's up around 85%.

JustAFan

I have been many places traveling. Even at WDW I am surprised how many men do not wash their hands after they urinate. I would say it's up around 85%.
I've seen the same thing. I see it at work. I see it at public events. I saw a Walmart employee in the bathroom, leave a stall after using the bathroom and not even look at the sink. It's disgusting. Cold/flu/other virus season or not. Wash your hands!

Pepper's Ghost

These last several comments (with one exception) are all completely correct. We men are disgusting animals, which was my original point. :) 85% (while a strange percentage to estimate 😁) is probably approximately correct. It depends on where you are too. Some places the concentration of cleanly people might be less concentrated than others. I've recently heard though that there are plenty of gross women as well. 🤢

There is a % of men who do not need to wash hands *after* urinating.

If using touch free urinals which are very common place, washing before would be far more important for those who take cleanliness seriously.

🤢🤢 Wow. This comment is gross. Unless this comment is a joke (suppose it could be), you obviously don't understand the human body.

thomas998

Not good, but the worst are the folks that do the nastier business and don't wash afterwards. One of the VPs where I worked once had a reputation for never washing his hands even when you would notice him leaving the stall where he left a nasty smell. It was a continual game to never shake hands with him.

HongKongFooy

Given: for those who bathe and clean themselves thoroughly and often then biologically/biochemically speaking(not culturally or psychologically) the two most communicably 'dirty' parts on their anatomy are mouths and hands. Mouths and hands: mouths due to bacteria and hands due to touching everything from money to holding hand straps and rings on subway trains.

thomas998

Given: for those who bathe and clean themselves thoroughly and often then biologically/biochemically speaking(not culturally or psychologically) the two most communicably 'dirty' parts on their anatomy are mouths and hands. Mouths and hands: mouths due to bacteria and hands due to touching everything from money to holding hand straps and rings on subway trains.
Kind of makes you wonder why KFC has that "finger lickin' good" slogan doesn't it.

graphite1326

There is a % of men who do not need to wash hands *after* urinating.

If using touch free urinals which are very common place, washing before would be far more important for those who take cleanliness seriously.
You really think that it doesn't splash up on your hands from the urinal? Ever notice the metal guards along he side are always rusted from the salt? WASH YOUR HANDS AFTER!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom