Finger Print Readers Suspended??

Disstevefan1

And every lap bar you touch, and door handle, and queue rail, and restaurant counter, and bathroom fixture, and locker kiosk, and monorail pole, etc, etc, etc
True, the only thing different thing about your list is all may (or may not) have been touched while it’s REQUIRED to touch the finger scan.

But yes, you are correct, there are a million other ways to get infected or pass on the infection the moment you proceed past the finger scan.

Tom P.

Just as a general point of inquiry, not necessarily specific to COVID-19 prevention, but is there not fingerprint technology that doesn't require physical contact? If it is just an image it is capturing and analyzing, it would seem that could be done without the physical contact. That would, regardless of the latest outbreak, always seem to be more sanitary.

JoeCamel

Just as a general point of inquiry, not necessarily specific to COVID-19 prevention, but is there not fingerprint technology that doesn't require physical contact? If it is just an image it is capturing and analyzing, it would seem that could be done without the physical contact. That would, regardless of the latest outbreak, always seem to be more sanitary.
They sort of do that now but it requires that the finger be in an identical position for the sensor so you have to place it on the glass

Notes from Neverland

I'm confused. On every ride you touch something. Am I missing something here?
OP asked if the finger print scan was being bypassed (it wasn't as of yesterday). Other reports showed cast members wiping down the finger print scanners after each guest (they didn't for us at any of the parks all weekend). Just offering another report about what's going on this weekend.

disney4life2008

OP asked if the finger print scan was being bypassed (it wasn't as of yesterday). Other reports showed cast members wiping down the finger print scanners after each guest (they didn't for us at any of the parks all weekend). Just offering another report about what's going on this weekend.

I understand that. I'm just saying to anyone else complaining about germs it's unavoidable.

TrainsOfDisney

You joke but they did try that at AKL

Yeah how long did that last? I never heard much about that after it was announced.

I'm confused. On every ride you touch something. Am I missing something here?

I think the idea is that forcing all guests to touch something at the entrance could seem questionable with the virus. Nobody is forcing you to touch a lap bar, hand-rail, etc.

You know that Disney is consulting with lawyers and health officials about what’s going on. If a health official saw the touch points and recommended they not be used, Disney doesn’t really have a choice. I’m not saying that’s what happened... but it certainly could have.

DisneyCane

Yeah how long did that last? I never heard much about that after it was announced.

I think the idea is that forcing all guests to touch something at the entrance could seem questionable with the virus. Nobody is forcing you to touch a lap bar, hand-rail, etc.

You know that Disney is consulting with lawyers and health officials about what’s going on. If a health official saw the touch points and recommended they not be used, Disney doesn’t really have a choice. I’m not saying that’s what happened... but it certainly could have.
Make a prosthetic of your finger and attach it to a glove. There is a mythbusters episode that can tell you how to do it. They left out one key step but it is pretty obvious what to do.

SoFloMagic

They suspend their use temporarily quite often when the lines back up if even for just a few minutes so that could be why people are commenting. I’ve been in and out many times over the past week and only one time did I not have to scan.
This.
They do this all the time. And disney social media seems to be overreacting to everything these days....

Pepper's Ghost

For anyone saying the scanners are germs lol. The nastiest thing every one owns is a cell phone.

You're assuming we don't regularly clean our cell phones. I do, but don't think a CM would allow me to wipe clean the fingerprint reader. 😊

Then there's the classic pull-door exit with only hand driers in the restroom... that's a conundrum that's often tough to solve. Sometimes I'm trapped for minutes waiting for someone else to touch that disgusting door handle. Lol. J/k, btw.

disney4life2008

You're assuming we don't regularly clean our cell phones. I do, but don't think a CM would allow me to wipe clean the fingerprint reader. 😊

Then there's the classic pull-door exit with only hand driers in the restroom... that's a conundrum that's often tough to solve. Sometimes I'm trapped for minutes waiting for someone else to touch that disgusting door handle. Lol. J/k, btw.

Omg now this is something I hate! I understand why Disney and other establishments prefer dryers it's not beneficial. A towel allows you to also wash your face and dry it and blow your nose if needed.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I like the idea. Law enforcement can get altered if wanted criminals enter the park when Apple's system alerts them.

Highly doubtful they'll use an Apple system. They are not on very good terms and the global penetration of Apple is less than most other operating systems.

TrainsOfDisney

they already use facial recognition on property with security cameras.

I know re-sale is a problem but I think Disney goes a little over board with the finger-scanning and taking every guests photo in California. It’s like the rfd chips in the cups and mugs. I get it... people were cheating you. But in the end you make yourselves look really greedy.

You’d still have to do biometrics or photos with the AP’s of course like they’ve always done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom