Finding Nemo - The Musical preview photos

speck76

Why would they not put masks on the performers faces? That always killed the illusion and mystical quality for me of the Epcot Parade, Tapestry of Nations & it looks like it would be a huge distraction on Nemo as well.

Or does performers wearing masks on a light and friendly show too "creepy" for Disney to do :confused:

the performers do need to be able to sing without being hindered....which is why in Phantom of the Opera the mask only covers 1/2 of the face...

speck76

It would be great to see longer hours, we half expected that to happen with the introduction of Everest, but it didnt really happen, so I am doubtful that this show is going to make a major difference with hours.

Since Everest opened, the crowd leaving at the 5pm closing as been thick, whereas in years past, most people were already gone at 5pm. 6pm closing are not as crowded upon closing....but the new show should add about 40-60 minutes (show time + wait time + walking time) to each guests stay (assuming they do not "skip" another attractions to see the new musical). This being said, 6pm closings should probably become more frequent, and more crowded.

The single greatest aspect that will influence later closings is the addition of the new table-service restaurant in Asia.....as a third party is not building the place for "lunch-only"....adn to servce dinner from 4 or 5pm - 6.....not likely...

Chape19714

Also - what does a 1,500 seat theater compare to? VOLM? HISTA? Philhar? I'm not good with judging stuff like that.

1500 Seats is somewhat comparable to the Previous Theatre in the Wild. 1500 is a bit bigger than Festival of the Lion King, or 3/4 of the Indania Jones Theatre. VOLM, HISTA, and Philhar all have under 700 seats, I believe.

Correct, there may be one "small" scene with blacklight, but other wise the entire show will have "normal" theatrical lighting.

Anglerfish anyone? :drevil: I agree with the fact to not have the entire thing blacklit, it gets annoying to me after a few minutes.

Piebald

Tap dancing sharks, puppets riding bicycles, and a punk rock routine by Bruce the shark create theatrical magic and fun throughout the big blue world.

I can't wait to see this part! HAHA! Sounds hilarious!

Also - what does a 1,500 seat theater compare to? VOLM? HISTA? Philhar? I'm not good with judging stuff like that.

VOLM only seats a packed show of 400 +/- a few seats and I think HISTA and Philhar are around 600-800....

AEfx

Even if the Nemo show tanks creatively (which I don't believe it will) it would still draw major crowds all day because of one thing...it now has A/C. ;)

AEfx

mkepcotmgmak

Even if the Nemo show tanks creatively (which I don't believe it will) it would still draw major crowds all day because of one thing...it now has A/C. ;)

AEfx

I used to stand outside of the Tiki Room and say "Come on in to the Enchanted, Aiiir condiiiitionnned, Tiki Room" and would fill the theater most times! Also on rainy days - Welcome to the hay-roofed, water proofed Tiki Room -

air conditioning brings 'em!

orlandohiker

Finding Nemo - The Musical

I saw it today and it id GREAT. It will appeal to people of all ages. They had 2 "dress rehearsal" performances today and allowed the public to see it. My partner is in the show and I've heard a lot about it....I was amazed. The show is so touching there were many people in the audience wiping tears.

gila_blue_fairy

I think most of us (assuming) will like this, are looking forward to it, and the pictures look like it is going to be really cool. However, most of us on this board are not children. Who is this performance supposed to be catering to? If it is within Walt's idea that parents and children are entertained, then it might do that. It definitely will cater to adults. But I could see children having a hard time with it.

I have seen the Broadway version Lion King, and it is awesome. However, the audience at your average Broadway show is not child based. It wasn't the night I saw Lion King. The average audience for the new Nemo show will definitely be full of children as well as adults.

To make a long story longer, I could just see the kids watching this show as being mesmorized in the beginning and then the appeal wearing off halfway through when they finally realize that people are on stage too. "Mommy, why is that man holding Nemo up with a stick?"

I got to see this show last week and I have to say first that is was AWESOME! Second, that the appeal did not even come close to wearing off for the kids OR the adults. Every scene brought a new character or new song. I only saw one mom take her child out, not because he was bored but because he had to go to the bathroom!--(note to parents, the show is 30 minutes long so good luck!) For me, I couldn't keep my eyes off the actors faces-real acting I couldn't believe it!, but the kids loved the puppets and the colorful sets. I think Walt would have been proud. Children and parents were entertained.
And I would just like to point out that many kids have a hard time with Test Track, but you still have it as your icon.

IcicleM

Does anyone have any pictures of the outside of the theatre? I think that's the only thing I haven't seen, yet, haha. I'd like to see it all done, and the signage and all. ^_^

joanna71985

I absolutely love this show. I feel that it is entertaining to both kids and adults alike. The music is wonderful, and the show is just breathtaking. I see the show being around for some time.

metscool

I have met three of the people that are in the show(two of them work at the Adventures Club/Comedy Warehouse). And I love the show too. I have seen it three times and I can not wait til friday and see it again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom