Finding Nemo - The Musical preview photos

missionspace

Why would they not put masks on the performers faces? That always killed the illusion and mystical quality for me of the Epcot Parade, Tapestry of Nations & it looks like it would be a huge distraction on Nemo as well.

Or does performers wearing masks on a light and friendly show too "creepy" for Disney to do :confused:

The reason for no mask is because the people sing and talk, It would be hard with a mask!

kennygman

It will be open to the public in Nov, but the "Premiere" or grand opening or celebration or press event or Disney hype that gets TV time will be in Jan.

PKD

I kind of like what they did with the human element of the show. If you look at the actors, their costumes appear to be reflections of the puppets. Especially the nemo and nemos father.

The customes for main characters reflect who they are(i.e. Lion King). The supporting actors are in a blue/green costume that matches the set itself.

askmike1

Dumb question, but does anyone know if this is how the lighting is going to be for the actual show? Are most of the "real" lights (ie, non-blacklights) there for the publicity photos or is that how its going to be? Usually it seems the 'puppet' shows use only (or mostly) blacklights so the performers blend in more.

Either way, it looks like its going to be a great show.

imagineersrock

Dumb question, but does anyone know if this is how the lighting is going to be for the actual show? Are most of the "real" lights (ie, non-blacklights) there for the publicity photos or is that how its going to be? Usually it seems the 'puppet' shows use only (or mostly) blacklights so the performers blend in more.

Either way, it looks like its going to be a great show.
From what I understand it should look a lot like these pictures. For this show, it seems as though they opted to go with the style of Broadway's Lion King character puppets or Avenue Q, where you see both the character puppet AND the performer at the same time. Anyone who's seen either one of these shows knows it's quite effective. I know I'm glad they chose this route rather than an entirely blacklight show.

PKD

From what I understand it should look a lot like these pictures. For this show, it seems as though they opted to go with the style of Broadway's Lion King character puppets or Avenue Q, where you see both the character puppet AND the performer at the same time. Anyone who's seen either one of these shows knows it's quite effective. I know I'm glad they chose this route rather than an entirely blacklight show.

Correct, there may be one "small" scene with blacklight, but other wise the entire show will have "normal" theatrical lighting.

shannonmatteo

nemo show question

Is that the way the show will look? Are the performers faces going to be seen or is it in blacklight? I heard it was going to be mostly blacklight.

CJR

I plan to see the show and I think it looks ok, but I don't see it being around as long as the Little Mermaid show has been and will be.

socalkdg

To make a long story longer, I could just see the kids watching this show as being mesmorized in the beginning and then the appeal wearing off halfway through when they finally realize that people are on stage too. "Mommy, why is that man holding Nemo up with a stick?"
I'm pretty sure every parent would answer "Because Nemo is a puppet". Pretty standard stuff for kids to understand.

The show is only 30 minutes long, with songs throughout, larger than life puppets, kids will eat this up.

I'm very impressed with how lifelike the puppets are. Amazing detail.

JLW11Hi

Animal Kingdom is getting pretty awesome! I wonder if the park hours are going to start getting longer? This is a 30 minute show, and there are plenty of attractions around even if they close most of the animal exhibits early.

OmegaKnight

One of the songs in the musical, "Big Blue World" was deemed to be such a hit that Disney is using it in the other 2 Nemo attractions (The Seas with Nemo and Friends at Epcot and the Nemo Submarine Voyage at Disneyland)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Animal Kingdom is getting pretty awesome! I wonder if the park hours are going to start getting longer? This is a 30 minute show, and there are plenty of attractions around even if they close most of the animal exhibits early.

It would be great to see longer hours, we half expected that to happen with the introduction of Everest, but it didnt really happen, so I am doubtful that this show is going to make a major difference with hours.

imagineersrock

It would be great to see longer hours, we half expected that to happen with the introduction of Everest, but it didnt really happen, so I am doubtful that this show is going to make a major difference with hours.
Well it happened for a while over summer... but that stopped pretty quickly once summer ended and now we're back to 9-5. If I remember correctly the park was open later most of summer and there were even a few weeks where the park was open 9-8 with evening EMH keeping the park open til 11.

I think the main problem is that you have a bunch of managers and cast members at DAK that are so used to these great hours. Getting out at 5:00 in the evening sounds a lot more appealing to them then 2:00 in the morning like at MK on some nights. (One of the main reasons so many people enjoy working at DAK.) So I think what's happening is management is probably doing everything possible to keep the closing times as early as possible, and as long as guests keep being told "it's because of the animals"---and as long as guests keep accepting that---I don't think things will change too much.

However,
I think everyone can agree that Disney's Animal Kingdom has grown immensely over the past few years. (In both offerings and popularity.) What was once "that quiet little half-day park" has made quite a name for itself, and if any of you remember the days where people started leaving around 2:00 or 3:00 and the park was already empty at 5:00 closing... Well, those days are no more. Crowds are now pouring out of the park at 5:00 so that's a good sign that people are in fact staying longer than they used to. If the new Nemo show doesn't do the trick to push the park hours any later, I think the one thing that will definitely make them give in and start extending the park hours is the new restaurant being built over in Asia. I simply can't imagine having a brand new table service restaurant that will only be serving lunch. If we ever start seeing longer hours at DAK becoming the standard, In my opinion, it would be starting this summer once we see how well the new restaurant does.

Plutofan1

Will the previews be for AP and DVC members only? If so, could I use my uncle's DVC Membership Card (he is a DVC Member)? Thanks. HOping for a preview 11/17-11/25

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom