Finding Nemo Ride

SirGoofy

Originally posted by JesusJuice
I will lose all respect I have for Disney if they put Harry Potter in the MK. I can accept if they would put it in MGM but the MK? Get real! There's no place for it....:hammer:

Well, at least we agree with something:lol:.

imagineer99

After reading the posts in this thread, I am a little bit confused.

We were simply discussing a finding nemo ride, when all of a sudden, this turned into a forum to discuss proper etiqutte.

I'm sorry, what the heck happened?:veryconfu

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Originally posted by imagineer99
After reading the posts in this thread, I am a little bit confused.

We were simply discussing a finding nemo ride, when all of a sudden, this turned into a forum to discuss proper etiqutte.

I'm sorry, what the heck happened?:veryconfu

basically, a newbie came out of the gate dropping a hint of disrespect in his tone, and some people (including me) just wanted it to be reworded so no one got thier toes stepped on. ei: LS is crappy. that is it.

hoppypooh

I said almost the same thing in another thread about Animal Kingdom... I think it "all depends on where you come from and your previous experience." Being from smalltown northern Canada, I have never been exposed to many of the animals at WDW. I found the Living Seas to be an amazing experience! (especially the manatees - they're like cows... but in the water!)
I think there was just enough Nemo in TLS. Any more would take away from the experience and the message. While I certainly enjoy a good thrill ride and like Nemo and friends, I think AK and Epcot should try and maintain their educational tone as much
as possible. The animals are interesting all on their own .

speck76

Originally posted by hoppypooh
I found the Living Seas to be an amazing experience! (especially the manatees - they're like cows... but in the water!)

Hence the nickname "Sea Cows":king:

You are exactly 1 day older than me...Happy Birthday! (a little early)

speck76

Oh, I forgot to make my point:hammer:

I think characters can be added to Epcot, as long as they are not the focus.

If the Nemo characters were added to the entire living seas pavilion, it would be nice if they were used in an instructional way, like having Mr Ray explain out the fish in the aquarium...stuff like that.

If you have ever been back to Rafiki's Planet Watch at DAK, the little video on the right side of the room is a good example. You can hear Rafiki explain the video, but you don't see him often, and he is not the focus.

imagineer99

I agree with Speck, the use of characters in parks like EPCOT and AK should enchance the experience, not dominate it.

Personally, I think the best Disney attractions are either void of all character influence or contain lesser known Disney Characters.

Creativity is something that should always be present in the parks. I have much more respect for an entirely orginal attraction with orginal characters versus an attraction that depends on preconceived notions.

speck76

It also all depends on the story being told.

Splash Mountain would be a very boring log flume without all of the characters...the characters tell the story.

On the other hand, if they replaced the AA's in SSE with charaters, it would undermind the purpose of the attraction...there is no need for them to do that.

All of the details, whether they are characters or scenery, should be done in a way that it helps tell the story, and enhance the attraction.

Kadee

Don't get me wrong...I love Nemo "Just keep swimming" but I think 20K would be better suited for a ride based on the Atlantis movie they made few years back...don't you guys agree?

OliveMcFly

Kadee said:
Don't get me wrong...I love Nemo "Just keep swimming" but I think 20K would be better suited for a ride based on the Atlantis movie they made few years back...don't you guys agree?
Ohh...good idea. I like Nemo alot too, well I'm a Dory fan but, I can't remember why! Anyways...adding the Nemo characters to Living Seas would be nice. I never really see that place full although I don't want Nemo to over power it. Leave some nostalgia for us WDW veterans ya know?

scottnj1966

how long has the living seas ride been closed though

Thessair said:
Personally, I like the Living Seas. So, I'd have to disagree with losing it in favor of a Nemo only attraction.

I cannot remember the last time the actual ride part at the living seas operated. 98? earlier.

Does anyone know if it wille very open again.

Thanks

Anyone have pictures of the ride part?

bigfloridacountry@cfl.rr.com

imagineer99

Kadee said:

That Atlantis movie was a huge flop...Disney isn't going to sponsor a ride-based movie, when said movie won't draw people in.

They might as well build an ORGINAL attraction...

my 2 cents:)

DarkMeasures

The living seas is a really good attraction for several reasons:
-Preshow video is actually really good and is not outdated due to how it was made.
-Aqarium is fun to go around in.

I am also happy that the lpace is being updated but I was not able to see the Nemo stuff at epcot because of the limited time I had at epcot. I just hope when the second phase is done the seacabs will be refurbished and re-opened.

TnkrBelPixiDust

I was never in The Living Seas till this past November when Meg made me go on it.. all in all I didnt think it was 1/2 bad... I like that they are bringing Finding Nemo into it... I think it will add someone new to it... after all.. Dory rocks!!! :veryconfu BTW DarkMeasures what to "n00bs" have to do with The Lving Seas and this thread???

Mickeyrulz

I do not think the Living Seas is so great but wouldn't be glad if it was gone.

A Finding Nemo ride is in fact under construction in Disneyland, in place of their former Submarine Voyage. But with 20K's area to be fiilled I doubt a Nemo ride has chance in WDW.

Also Nemo is not really a "fantasy" kind of character. Yes, he's a fish. But really it isn't totally "fantasy". So therefore it wouldn't go right in Fantasyland (neither did 20K, but where else would it fit?)

The other problem is that there is virtually no storyline they can make up to last the whole ride.

But good idea.

jrriddle

Lee said:
Finding Nemo ride?

Try Disneyland in about..oh..two or three years. :D

I read both Al's and Jim's stories on this (as I'm sure everyone else has).
I love the Seagulls idea!!!!! :D :D :D
I wish they could put the Seagull AAs in front of TLS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom