Finding Nemo Ride

JesusJuice

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Don't you guys think it would be AWESOME if they made a Finding Nemo ride? I love the movie so much! :hammer: Anyways they could put it in Fantasyland where 20K used to be or they could tear down that crappy living seas thing and put it there! Anyone agree?

Thessair

Personally, I like the Living Seas. So, I'd have to disagree with losing it in favor of a Nemo only attraction.

Disney Hog

As a personal tip, JesusJuice, I would try to steer clear of words such as crappy, sucks or stinks. Pull out the thesaurus and try to find some not so in-your-face words. Rioting tends to start.

I think there is a difference between stating your opinion and slamming someone else's favorite ride, park or attraction.

I'm not a big fan of the Living Seas, but there's no need to insight a rumble over it.

Or maybe that's what you want?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
well, to be honest...................... only my opinion

a) i dont really see how they could make a ride out of nemo. ok, maybe some 3d attraction and your helping him find his dad????? oh, imagineers, dont forget the gimp fin on the ride vehicle. lol look at the stuff they have done to living seas for nemo. i think that is enough. maybe a little more themage.

b) i dont think that living seas is crappy, it happens to be a favorite at epcot, unless you are the type that wants every attraction to be a coaster and enough g's to make junior spew his funnel cake all over my foot.

and i hate spew!:hurl:

Legacy

Originally Posted By JackSkellington-
Um this should be in the Imagineer section. And yes it would be very cool.
Why should it be in the Imagineering section? JesusJuice didn't have any original ideas in regards to creating a Find Nemo ride besides tearing down Living Seas. All they did was put an idea out for (G)eneral (D)iscussion.

In regards to the original topic, Living Seas houses the world's largest (well, maybe formerly, I'm not sure) aquarium, and as such would be almost impossible to simply 'tear out'. It could be done, but the financial additions of getting rid of all the fish, pumping out the water, taking out the artificial reef would double the cost of simply building the a seperate attraction.

Also, I may be the only one, but I honestly don't think Finding Nemo has a ride-worthy storyline. I can't really imagine as immersive a ride environment as 20K or Little Mermaid. The only three scenes that probably could work as a ride (Trench Fish Attack, JellyFish, and the Current scene) aren't enough to justify a truly enjoyable ride. I can't imagine the most climatic scene of a ride being watching a bunch of tuna fight a net. It just wouldn't really do it for me.

I'm content to Disney just utilizing the characters for the Living Seas rehab.

AkEverestAK

first of all, imagineers can do anything. they can make a ride pretty much out of anythign they want. all they hvae to do is create an additional storyline. for ex, ET over at universal.

Legacy

Originally Posted By AKEverestAK-
first of all, imagineers can do anything. they can make a ride pretty much out of anythign they want. all they hvae to do is create an additional storyline. for ex, ET over at universal.
Which did not utilize Imagineers (maybe former or future, but not during the rides development).

By all means, Imagineers can do anything. My argument is not meant to lessen their abilities by any means (shoot, I would love to be one), but it has to do with the potential of the original idea. I don't think Nemo has a great deal of potential. I agree with maxwell's 3-D at best idea. An actual ride would be pretty boring in regards to the concept and story of the movie.

jrriddle

What about a ride where you travel through that gulf stream thing.
The ride vehicle would be a turtle.
Also a rumour at DL is to change their sub ride into a nemo theme.

imagineer99

Originally posted by JesusJuice
they could tear down that crappy living seas thing and put it there!

I don't think you fully understand the purpose of EPCOT. Getting rid of the Living Seas pavillion to replace it with a Finding Nemo ride would undermine the message of the importance of Ocean Life.

Personally, I like Nemo's presence in the Living Seas, now. It has given the pavillion a fresh look while still managing to be informative.

If anything, WE NEED A WEATHER PAVILLION!:)

JesusJuice

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Man some of you people on here are extremely rude. My intention was to post a fun "wouldn't it be cool if" post, but it turned out to be a huge critique on why my idea was stupid. All I got was "oh this post should be somewhere else" or "no they couldn't make a good ride." Man I didn't know that we couldn't have fun conversations here without all the critiques...:(

Sloan

Nemo Ride

I'm a big Finding Nemo fan, and would love to see a Nemo based attraction, but not to replace the Living Seas, which I've always liked. Did you have something particular in mind?

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by JesusJuice
Man some of you people on here are extremely rude. My intention was to post a fun "wouldn't it be cool if" post, but it turned out to be a huge critique on why my idea was stupid. All I got was "oh this post should be somewhere else" or "no they couldn't make a good ride." Man I didn't know that we couldn't have fun conversations here without all the critiques...:(

So...what you're saying is...if people don't agree with you...don't post? That doesn't make much of a "DISCUSSION" forum does it?

You posted a perfectly logical question. One person mentioned it shouldn't be in this forum but another stuck up for you. People who don't like your "opinion" also have the same right to state their opinion as you did yours. Not everyone is going to agree with you...and likewise, you're not going to agree with everyone else.

I don't see any problems with the discussion at hand. I, for one, think a ride on the EAC would be great fun on the back of a seaturtle...but I also agree that there is a lack of storyline there and the Living Seas is the wrong spot for such an attraction.

EDIT: Furthermore...to enhance the "Nemo" feel of the Living Seas...maybe an informative discussion about sea turtles given by Crush and maybe an informative discussion of Stingrays by Mr. Ray (he could "rhyme" the "lesson"). Have seaturtles and Rays in separate areas (I know the rays are now) and either have a video screen or a "Buzz Lightyear" type animatronic of Crush.

JesusJuice

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
So...what you're saying is...if people don't agree with you...don't post? That doesn't make much of a "DISCUSSION" forum does it?

You posted a perfectly logical question. One person mentioned it shouldn't be in this forum but another stuck up for you. People who don't like your "opinion" also have the same right to state their opinion as you did yours. Not everyone is going to agree with you...and likewise, you're not going to agree with everyone else.
No, I don't have a problem with people disagreeing with me, but i DO have a problem with "know it alls" trying to act like they are imagineers or something. I've seen a lot of these people on this board and it's gets quite tiring. My post was supposed to be talking about my fantasy of a ride not acting like it was actually going to happen. Get over yourselves people...*btw this was not targetted to you, WDWFreak*

Disney Hog

Man some of you people on here are extremely rude. My intention was to post a fun "wouldn't it be cool if" post, but it turned out to be a huge critique on why my idea was stupid. All I got was "oh this post should be somewhere else" or "no they couldn't make a good ride." Man I didn't know that we couldn't have fun conversations here without all the critiques...

This is why I suggested using a little softer language when voicing your opinion. If you use harsh language to describe something, you will get strong opinions back. Especially if you slam somebody's favorite ride, attraction or park.

I agree with Freak, I don't think this thread is anywhere near as harsh as it could be (and might end up being). If you want a "fun" or "cool" thread, do it with a little more respect and with fun words. Throw in a couple of :p :wave: :kiss: :sohappy: :lol: :animwink: .

Anyway, my two cents.

As far as the ride, I think they could make it work. There were a lot of recognizable characters in the movie.

SirGoofy

JesusJuice, maybe the others aren't so nice to you because you lack respect. You call LS crappy, and then call us rude when we react! WOW! That makes sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom