Finally Something - upcoming press conferences

juan

Please tell me you are joking! A burger King land? You must be mistaken!:lol:

not joking -- have you seen the recent Burger King Xbox Games? They portray the proposed rides for the new land
Pocketbike Racer --> modeled after the proposed Vekoma Motorbike roller coaster http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorbike_Coaster
Big Bumpin --> modeled after the proposed carnival style bumper cars pavillions
Sneak King --> modeled after the proposed addition to the Haunted Mansion where the King AA will "sneak" out of the darkness and present a Whopper

dkrfla

sorry, folks.

3 cabs is not coming to mexico. don't mean to burst your christmas bubble, or anything, but I happen to know this as a fact, and that's all I can say about that.

Don't mean to burst your bubble but last week the three cabs were doing a meet and greet right outside of the Mexican Pavillion. I saw them myself.

D~

minnie61650

Beaslty Kingdomme (btw why do people spell it that way?). It was the land the was supposed to be where Camp Minnie-Mickey in Animal Kingdom is now.

Actually they were goinging to spell it as Beastlie Kingdomme.

Here is a little backround for those of you who are interested.

Before AK was built one of the lands was supposed to be Beastlie Kingdomme. Because of budget cuts Disney delayed the building of Beastly Kingdomme and built Camp Mickey and Minnie and put the show Lion King in that area to keep the area ready for Beastlie Kingdomme.
My understanding is that because Lion King and Camp Mickey and Minnie are so well liked that Disney scraped the whole idea of Beastlie Kingdomme.
They really had some great ideas on the drawing board and many people would like to see them become reality but I fear the chances of that happening are slim.
We can always hope.

Here is an article about some Disney attractions that were designed but never built. The Dragon Tower attraction was originally slated for Beastlie Kingdomme land planned for Disney's Animal Kingdom park in Florida. This article gives one a virtual walk-through of Beastlie Kingdomme and the ride Dragon Tower.
http://www.mouseplanet.com/mark/mg041027.htm

-----------------------------------------------------------
In an article I read by Paul Torrigino, contributing writer (introduction by Mark Goldhaber)
Paul tells about how he worked on a project for the Animal kingdom.
He spent 2 years helping to plan the Dragon Tower ride. (a thrill ride)
It was going to be a suspended coaster ride inside a castle complete with bats and a dragon.
There was going to be a restaurant on a little lake with mythical sea creatures.
The Loch Ness monster was going to appear every so often. Bubbling would start up in the lake and then the monster would slowly appear.
Sounds so cool.
They were also going to have, Fantasia Gardens, a bridge called "Billy Goat Bridge",a Unicorn Maze, a Mother Goose's shop, etc., that all over the land.
He said, "I remember after they shelved it, I watched the guys crate up all the pieces, very sad. They probably still have it all in a warehouse somewhere."
I for one hope they get those concepts out of the warehouse and build BK.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Bear in mind Camp Minnie-Mickey was designed and built in a fraction of the time the rest of the park was - and for less than a million dollars. It was designed as a temporary meet n greet area instead of a big nothing. Hence it can easily be removed (or moved, due to it`s popularity) if something bigger came along.

There again, we know how permenant temporary things can become at WDW - Mickeys Toontown Fair and the Millenium pavilion case in point.

PyxiiDustt

I thought this was announced already? I remember hearing something I think on the travel channel about the 3rd ship.:confused:

As far as I know of, there is a third ship, but it isn't West Coast, it's a ship that's going to Europe (Italy and Greece I believe). It's only a one way cruise and guests have to fly to the location in Europe to embark. Don't quote me on it though, I might be wrong, but this is my understanding.

CheriBibi

As far as I know of, there is a third ship, but it isn't West Coast, it's a ship that's going to Europe (Italy and Greece I believe). It's only a one way cruise and guests have to fly to the location in Europe to embark. Don't quote me on it though, I might be wrong, but this is my understanding.

Well I don't know if this is what the travel channel meant, but there is gonna be third ship, and I heard it would be for california. Understanding is the third ship design is ready for manufacturing, but they were waiting for the Euro to ease down considering their manufacturer is Italian and get paid with it ;) But I believe they've now realised that Euro may not get back to what it used to be before at least a decade and unlocked the necessary funding. Now for the California location of the boat, I never read any serious info...
But that may be true if the californian cruises were a success... (no feedback on that) and considering a good half of the cruisers scrach off disney cruises from their price list because of the cross country flight it requires.

Tata

KrazyKemp

While I would love to think that BK or DK would be built, I simply cannot believe that they would build an entirely new gate at this point in time.

I do believe I heard Mr. Iger say that there would not be any new plans for a 5th Gate for another decade...

But I could be wrong...

I dare them to prove me wrong.

maelstrom

It seems too me that a park based entirely on villains would be a magnet for goth kids.

There is a gathering of goths every year at Disneyland. Also, goth people don't like everything that is dark or scary or evil. Some goths might like the Disney villains. Some might hate Disney altogether. There could even be goth people on this very message board who have AP's to WDW or DL. All goth people are not exactly the same cookie-cutter molds of pale pasty white, black lipstick, eyeliner curlicues, fishnet, stereotypical goth. Goth is not a bad thing. It's the teenagers who call themselves dark and edgy goths while listening to The Smiths and cutting themselves with razorblades and writing depressed poetry who give the goth culture a bad name.

Just to clear that up. :zipit:

Magicot

There is a gathering of goths every year at Disneyland. Also, goth people don't like everything that is dark or scary or evil. Some goths might like the Disney villains. Some might hate Disney altogether. There could even be goth people on this very message board who have AP's to WDW or DL. All goth people are not exactly the same cookie-cutter molds of pale pasty white, black lipstick, eyeliner curlicues, fishnet, stereotypical goth. Goth is not a bad thing. It's the teenagers who call themselves dark and edgy goths while listening to The Smiths and cutting themselves with razorblades and writing depressed poetry who give the goth culture a bad name.

Oh. :lookaroun Thanks for sharing.

Mr.EPCOT

Well I don't know if this is what the travel channel meant, but there is gonna be third ship, and I heard it would be for california. Understanding is the third ship design is ready for manufacturing, but they were waiting for the Euro to ease down considering their manufacturer is Italian and get paid with it ;) But I believe they've now realised that Euro may not get back to what it used to be before at least a decade and unlocked the necessary funding. Now for the California location of the boat, I never read any serious info...
But that may be true if the californian cruises were a success... (no feedback on that) and considering a good half of the cruisers scrach off disney cruises from their price list because of the cross country flight it requires.

Tata

That is one of the existing ships being repositioned temporarily over the summer. They are doing two week repositioning cruises, like they did through the Panama Canal to L.A. for the Happiest Celebration on Earth.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Please pardon my ignorance but what is "Midway Mania"?
It is the rumored replacement for the now closed Millionaire attraction at MGM. From what has been posted about the ride it will have a ride vehicle similar to Spiderman at IOA with 3D screens and you will be shooting at targets. All of this with a toy story theme.

drew_dawg

My bet is 50% of new stuff will be at epcot! I hope WS, they need to add some new rides because they don't apeal to the teens, and kids, just the old timers!

Maybe the INDY ride will come to MGM.

I also can see a big coaster in DL future!

Stitch69

Paul- It's the new attraction they are building at MGM. It is replacing the Millaniare. I beleive interactive ride( like Buzz Lightyear) with Pixar characters.

paul436

Thanks for the info all. I haven't been to WDW since July 2004 and have gotten somewhat behind on what's going on. I hope to be back in August 2007 so want to start catching up.

davewasbaloo

I'm a goth and a Disney fan. In fact there are goth motifs throughout Disney:

Snow White
Cinderella
Sleeping Beauty (very goth)
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
Black Cauldron
Beauty and the Beast
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Nightmare Before Christmas
Something Wicked This Way Comes
Watcher in the Woods
etc. etc.

Not to mention Tiki room, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Stitch Encounter, Snow White, El Rio del Tiempo, Maelstrom, Tower of Terror, parts of the Great Movie Ride, the villans at the end of the tram tour, the Adventurers' Club.

Need I go on, they are interrelated :sohappy:

Scar Junior

All you need is for "High School Musical" to have a school shooting scene and you can add that one to the list as well!:dazzle:

Always in good taste, :lookaroun
-Scar

Darth Plank

Thank's a lot Juan! You made me think about the Buzz Lightyear building looking like Burger King and the Animatronics being Waitors! LOL:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I can't imagine that! Here are the roles i was thinking about:
Buzz Lightyear- Cashier
Zurg- Frycook
Boxobot-Waitor
The LGM- Customers
Wait until i tell my friends! They will Laugh so hard they can't imagine it! And about Mickey and co. wearing Burger King masks, it could scare young kids!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom