Finally Something - upcoming press conferences

Captain Barbosa

Where in the AK would Yak and Yetti be built? Also, does anyone know anything about the T-Rex Diner (or T-Rex Cafe, I can't remember exactly what the name was) that was supposed to be coming to the AK? If I remember right it was originally a Landry's restaurant idea that Disney purchased. Any info would be great.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Where in the AK would Yak and Yetti be built? Also, does anyone know anything about the T-Rex Diner (or T-Rex Cafe, I can't remember exactly what the name was) that was supposed to be coming to the AK? If I remember right it was originally a Landry's restaurant idea that Disney purchased. Any info would be great.
Construction walls are up toward the end of the path from Africa to Asia and I am assuming that is where Yak and Yeti will be built.

T-Rex is supposed to be built in DTD but I have not heard where. I think some members said that they were doing height tests next to House of Blues quite some time ago and suggested that that would be the probable location of T-Rex.

Both Yak and Yeti and T-Rex are owned by Landry as is Rainforest Cafe.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
sorry, folks.

3 cabs is not coming to mexico. don't mean to burst your christmas bubble, or anything, but I happen to know this as a fact, and that's all I can say about that.
Hope you`re right :wave:

We do know however there is a planned rehab; the loading dock already has planning permision to be demolished and rebuilt.

Lee

Adventurer
sorry, folks.
3 cabs is not coming to mexico. don't mean to burst your christmas bubble, or anything, but I happen to know this as a fact, and that's all I can say about that.

I disagree. George Scribner's animation is currently in production to be installed in the ride in the spring.

jedimaster1227

I heard that they were announcing something called "Dark Kingdom." I can't name my source, but I think some guy might have posted it on a message board somewhere... :animwink:

That was just a dumb resurrection of a dead rumor for a fifth gate, but again, this project has long been dead. Dark Kingdom never saw fruition and never will (in full). As I said before, it in full is dead, but some of its basic ideas haven't been left behind...:animwink:

Captain Barbosa

I think Dark Kingdom was a pretty poor idea in the first place. It seems too me that a park based entirely on villains would be a magnet for goth kids. I don't think Disney wants that happening. However, I remember hearing about Villain Mountain awhile ago. It was an expansion to the Magic Kingdom if I'm not mistaken. That would have been cool, to add a ride or 2 based on villains instead of a whole new 5th gate. Just my opinion though.

huntzilla

Original Poster
I just want to clear up that I wasn't talking about Dark Kingdom but rather Beastly Kingdom at the Animal Kingdom. That's why I put BK rather than DK. I put it on the off that they may announace it.

jedimaster1227

I think Dark Kingdom was a pretty poor idea in the first place. It seems too me that a park based entirely on villains would be a magnet for goth kids. I don't think Disney wants that happening. However, I remember hearing about Villain Mountain awhile ago. It was an expansion to the Magic Kingdom if I'm not mistaken. That would have been cool, to add a ride or 2 based on villains instead of a whole new 5th gate. Just my opinion though.

Well, the whole project was born from the whole Bald Mountain/Fire Mountain concept. After both projects got the boot from MK's 20K Lagoon real estate, the projects went back to the imagineers and were left in storage for a bit. Later on, they were picked up by a few imagineers competing for the better new idea for a 4th gate (during the development of Animal Kingdom-back when Beastly Kingdom was still on the map). This new park would be teen and adult friendly, but at the time, this was all. No rides would be directly made to suit the younger of Disney's normal audience. That was the problem about this park, and luckily, Eisner saw the faults in the project, choosing Animal Kingdom as the future 4th gate. Unfortunately, EuroDisney was still having financial issues and Disney was slowly cutting back on the Animal Kingdom's budget, eventually cutting all of Beastly Kingdom out of the equation. As I have said before and I will say again, the entire Dark Kingdom project was shelved, and it will never be made in full, but some of its principal ride/attraction/theming concepts are still being considered/toyed with/revisited to this date.

I just want to clear up that I wasn't talking about Dark Kingdom but rather Beastly Kingdom at the Animal Kingdom. That's why I put BK rather than DK. I put it on the off that they may announace it.

Well, actually Pheneix started the Dark Kingdom coversation, but you can actually see that the two projects are very closely related by reading my above explanation.

I must have missed something......whats Skydance????:brick:

Skydance is the codename for the replace of Reflections of Earth. Disney plans on retiring the entire Reflections of Earth title and show within the next few years, supposidly at the beginning of Epcot's 25th anniversary. This new show has been said to be many things, but the general show would utilize a laser "etching" method where lights can be "etched" onto clouds, misty surfaces and any other reflective surface (hence the "Skydance"). If the show were to be released as a part of Epcot's 25th, the show would utilize each future world pavilion as a launching spot/laser post for a larger version of each pavilion's symbol, showing the connection between the pavilions. But again, nothing is confirmed just yet, but much of it has been hinted at.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Regarding SkyDance.... thinking about it I doubt it`ll be for the 25th - the ALF hardware is being moved from the UK to the American Gardens Theatre for reintergration to RoE - would they do this if the show was being superceded? Unless the move isn`t just for safety; perhaps ALF will feature prominently in the next version of Illuminations.

I wonder how they plan to paint onto clouds and mist; this was a plan for Remember... Dreams Come True until it was decided a gust of wind / cloudless sky could render the projection useless - and give inconsistent show quality. The technology worked, it was nature that scuppered it!

jedimaster1227

I wonder how they plan to paint onto clouds and mist; this was a plan for Remember... Dreams Come True until it was decided a gust of wind / cloudless sky could render the projection useless - and give inconsistent show quality. The technology worked, it was nature that scuppered it!

Disney has used the existing smoke from the fireworks as a canvas for the laser art. With enough continuous fireworks, this canvas would not fall apart during the show.

cpt.jacksluv

You have to be kiddin!

burger king land --- new land in MK back by toontown with King themed rides

j/k
Beastly Kingdom -- supposed to be built where Camp minnie Mickey and was to include a dragon rollercoaster

Please tell me you are joking! A burger King land? You must be mistaken!:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom