Finally saw the 2011 vacation planning dvd.......

WDWmazprty

We're so glad they finally changed it up! It looks pretty good. We liked the way they concentrated on explaining a little better the ticket packages and resort options. The new hostesses weren't bad either, not as annoying as some of the previous ones. All in all we liked the new format. Anyone else?

meganw1985

I didn't like the resort section at all. It didn't give you a chance to "explore" each one of them separately, and just lumped all of them in the different categories together. And then said "to see more about the resorts, go to disneyworld.com" I know they want you to visit the website and hopefully book, but how someone who had never been would pick a resort based on what they showed you is beyond me.

Upvote 0

britdaw

I think the Erin/Dave/Luke/Stacy(?) version still stands as the most complete in showing what there was for people of any age to do, not just the people pushing strollers.

-Rob
I agree... I'm a mom to two little girls but this trip is more than just THEIR trip... I didn't think the 2011 DVD catered to everyone as well as that one did.

I like the one that had the guy that was obsessed with finding "benches" around the parks to lounge on.
He truly.....................was no park commando.

LOL Yeah I think that's the same one Rob mentioned, right?? That one was pretty good. :) My oldest daughter wore that DVD out!

Upvote 0

Silver Figment

I liked the format better than the people-in-the-clouds version, but my big gripe is that this edition is geared so much toward families with small kids, moreso than any other WDW Vacation Planning video I've ever seen.

I think the Erin/Dave/Luke/Stacy(?) version still stands as the most complete in showing what there was for people of any age to do, not just the people pushing strollers.

-Rob

Yeah, that 4 guide version was one of the best for all around explanations, but i still think the 2011 version is better than there past couple DVD's.

Upvote 0

RyanJW

My favorite is by far the Magical Gatherings DVD. There was so much information on that DVD that you could hit play all and it had to be a few hours long- and the information was useful.

Now they're about 30 minutes.

This years was an improvement from the cloud versions of the past two years but I did not like how much they were pushing additional products (for example the hot air balloon, pirates league, etc.) and not really going over anything that's included with the base price of a ticket save the big attractions that everyone pretty much knows about.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom