Finally saw the 2011 vacation planning dvd.......

WDWmazprty

We're so glad they finally changed it up! It looks pretty good. We liked the way they concentrated on explaining a little better the ticket packages and resort options. The new hostesses weren't bad either, not as annoying as some of the previous ones. All in all we liked the new format. Anyone else?

Rob562

I liked the format better than the people-in-the-clouds version, but my big gripe is that this edition is geared so much toward families with small kids, moreso than any other WDW Vacation Planning video I've ever seen.

I think the Erin/Dave/Luke/Stacy(?) version still stands as the most complete in showing what there was for people of any age to do, not just the people pushing strollers.

-Rob

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
I liked the format better than the people-in-the-clouds version, but my big gripe is that this edition is geared so much toward families with small kids, moreso than any other WDW Vacation Planning video I've ever seen.

I think the Erin/Dave/Luke/Stacy(?) version still stands as the most complete in showing what there was for people of any age to do, not just the people pushing strollers.

-Rob

I agree also. I wish they would concentrate a little more on things for adults as well.

Upvote 0

tink65

I really liked the new video too! I was just glad they changed it up this year.....2 years in a row of almost the same thing was more than enough! Boy, watching it sure does put my family in the WDW mood!

Upvote 0

disney1077

I like the new format better, but I agree with everyone else that it seems that it was geared to mostly families. It was like "your little kids would love this" or "these rides are great for the older kids". What about the adults!

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

I will have to be the first to say WE DID NOT LIKE IT...and when in the mood to watch a planning last week we went to the back of rack and watched the ones from 2007 and 2008. We were not happy with the format of the new one and were not crazy about the host. We thought the details were lacking (more of an overview). We did not care for the setting when the host was talking to you...very NON Disney. :(

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

We didn't care much for it either. But glad they changed it from the last few years. I like the ones from 2003-2005 much better. The one we like best is the one with the 4 hosts mentioned above.
Nothing like hearing Dave say, "Hammock..must find hammock" after coming down the big slide at blizzard beach.

Upvote 0

stratman50th

I liked the old VHS videos where they took you on a tour through each of the parks so you had an idea what there was to see and do. Then they toured DTD and went over the other activities like golf and fishing.
As much as I enjoy any of the videos, in my opinion they're getting too "slick" and overly produced. My daughter's friend is going with us this year, and she's never been before. Sure, she's heard of Disney World, but what exactly is there? I didn't feel last years video really did a good job touring the parks. Just my thoughts.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

I liked the old VHS videos where they took you on a tour through each of the parks so you had an idea what there was to see and do. Then they toured DTD and went over the other activities like golf and fishing.
As much as I enjoy any of the videos, in my opinion they're getting too "slick" and overly produced. My daughter's friend is going with us this year, and she's never been before. Sure, she's heard of Disney World, but what exactly is there? I didn't feel last years video really did a good job touring the parks. Just my thoughts.

I do agree with you on the OLD VHS tapes. Those are the best and i really wish I had a way to watch them. Our VHS player broke a couple of years ago so we dont get to watch them. Everything is way to General anymore.

Upvote 0

DaGoof00

I was never a fan of the HCOE planning video - the four of the hosts in those videos always seriously annoyed the heck out of me! I agree, the old VHS tapes were my favorite...

As for this new one, I do enjoy the format, and the calm yet exciting feeling it portrays. Things lacking: emphasis on things for all WDW guests (not just the "little ones"), and more details on each of the WDW resorts.

I do have to say, watching any of the planning movies, regardless, puts a smile on my face...

Cheers!

Upvote 0

Irie

I do agree with you on the OLD VHS tapes. Those are the best and i really wish I had a way to watch them. Our VHS player broke a couple of years ago so we dont get to watch them. Everything is way to General anymore.

I know the feeling. I have the old 1996 through the beginning of the DVD years and wish I could watch them as well. The 1996 one was my favorite.

Upvote 0

worldfanatic

I like the one that had the guy that was obsessed with finding "benches" around the parks to lounge on.
He truly.....................was no park commando.:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom