Finally Booked our vacation

Kerby626

We will be in the world next April staying at CBR. We are doing 9 nights/10days. I am really excited about it. It will be a first ever trip for us with kids. Our twins were born extremely premature so we are excited about their 1st real vacation they will be just over 2 at the time of travel. This is also the 1st vacation we have actually taken that hasn't involved visiting family at some point. We have to get a good family vacation in before DH goes on another deployment(#6) next summer more than likely.

Now to plan dining and things that we want to see and do while we are there.

For those of you with kids this age what restaurants did you eat at?

Lisalyn

Congrats on your trip! I have a couple in mind for children that young but they kind of hold that age group in awe...Crystal Palace at Magic Kingdom has Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet - very cute and well worth the smiles on the kids faces. In Animal Kingdom try Tusker House for the Safari Breakfast with Donald and the gang. I think they would enjoy those if you are looking for a couple character meals.:) Not sure about Disney Hollywood Studios as we usually eat at the 50's Prime Time Cafe for our ADR...Epcot? WOW lots of choices (lol) We are doing Coral Reef this year specifically for the larger then large fish tanks! Very young kids though just not sure and maybe you aren't doing Epcot because it's more adult oriented (in my eyes that is....actually I was surprised my 12 yr old daughter has that as her favorite park LOL) Anyways, gave you a couple ideas. And when all else fails you COULD do breakfast with all the Princesses in the Castle!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
We will be in the world next April staying at CBR. We are doing 9 nights/10days. I am really excited about it. It will be a first ever trip for us with kids. Our twins were born extremely premature so we are excited about their 1st real vacation they will be just over 2 at the time of travel. This is also the 1st vacation we have actually taken that hasn't involved visiting family at some point. We have to get a good family vacation in before DH goes on another deployment(#6) next summer more than likely.

Now to plan dining and things that we want to see and do while we are there.

For those of you with kids this age what restaurants did you eat at?

Even though I don't have kids, can I reply to this too? I help a lot of my friends with kids plan their family vacas.

I always recommend one character meal per child. So if one loves Mickey, maybe to Chef Mickey's and then if the other loves Pooh, maybe do Crystal Palace. It also gets that one on one time with the character that they love.

Since most 2 year olds don't eat a whole lot, they mostly stick to counter service meals. And they sometimes have them split the meals - like some of the chicken finger meals are big enough for two. And the burgers are large and can be cut in half. I have a friend who actually gets the CS dining plan which comes with 2 CS per person per night. She has a little one that is 2 and another that is 3. She has them split a meal for some meals. And that leaves extra CS meals for them to use for bfast so it cuts down on their out of pocket expenses.

Have a great time! It'll be a magical trip!

Upvote 0

Kerby626

Original Poster
I am open to all responses. We are still trying to decide if we want to do add a dining plan to the reservation or not. Although we would only be paying for myself and my husband the kids can eat off what we are eating or buy them something off the kids menu.

We want to do a character meal as well as some other places. My DH and I love Epcot so I know we will spend sometime there as well.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

We are going in Dec...our younger daughter will turn 2 about a month prior to the trip. She is our fearless one and she adores stuffed animals and things like that (although they both loved Shamu and friends walking around Sea World last summer). We are doing Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace. We also have breakfast at 'Ohana planned- really more for DH since Stitch is his fave, but I think DD2 will also really get a kick out of that. We're planning on a princess meal as well- but that's really for our older one. In any event- these, as well as things like Garden Grill and Tusker House might be good things for you to look into for the kiddos.:wave:

Upvote 0

psdisney

I went this past April with my husband and just turned 2 yr old. We normally do the dining plan, however did not do it this past trip. We ate at Chef Mickey's (dinner) and Crystal Palace (breakfast). My son loved both of them...food and characters.
I do wish we did the dining plan especially becaue we wouldn't have had to pay for DS as we were very sick of the CS food by the end of the week. We had planned on one of us every meal picking something to eat that my son would also but didn't work out quite like we thought and ended up buying him a kids meal almost every meal. We did save money by not doing the dining plan but would have rather spent that extra cash.
Have a great time! We did! Much different when going with kids but so worth it to see the excitment they have over everything!

Upvote 0

mickey7879

We found the character buffets were the most convenient for us. The character help keep him enteretained, got our meal quick and could leave quick if we needed to.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom