Trip Report Finally back home. That is my WDW home.

Magical greetings, my fellow Disney freaks!
Some of you will have followed my countdown and now the counting down is about to become a reality.
Where else does anyone understand our passion for all things Disney other than here on this site?
My friends are starting to understand that Disney is part of my life. I don't know what's happening most of the time in the real world but in the Disney world I know what's happening daily!
I am going to attempt live (well daily reports) throughout our stay using Disney wi fi either at the end or beginning of the day - well that's the plan but if it gets too much I may need to pick up on my return but I will let you know.

I am a PA for work so I do need to be organised but I feel a bit over planned for this trip in terms of fast pass etc. I just hope it hasn't affected queue times too much in the parks but will feed back my thought. At the moment I have embraced it. Whilst it was in use last year the old fast pass ticket machines were still there.

I will be in Disney every one of our vacation days. In some cases hours rather than days. So we will see who makes it through to the end with me!
I have lived through others trip reports and thought I would return the favour to those feeling the Disney blues. - welcome aboard.
I hope I can inspire some of you (lurkers) to join to comment like Nicole @prfctlyximprct did to me! I got so into her report that most of my friends know about her and Chris asked when she was coming to stay! (And she's just got back from another trip) so especially for you Nicole I hope this helps you with those Disney blues.

Longers

Original Poster
Wednesday 12th November

Today we Have done 3 parks in 1 day - we started where we had planned today - Animal Kingdom!
The sun was shining, there was blue sky and it was warm. - good morning Disney - gosh I love my life right now.

image.jpg

We headed straight for the safari (doesn't everyone?)
Now we have always said that you need to be the first ones to load on the safari so you sit on the left, however today we were proved wrong!
We were put in the right of the vehicle and were on our way...
We had a really good safari, our driver stopped a few times and told us lots of interesting facts about the animals. The animals were all moving around and were active (lions excluded obviously) and most of them were on the right hand side. Result

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

We loved our safari so much that we went round again - the wait was only 10 mins after all so we didn't think we should let a gift horse in the mouth.

Longers

Original Poster
Then it was time for some more shots using our gorillapod!
That normally means let's be silly as the camera is on a timer!
Here are the results. The first one is our serious one!

image.jpg

image.jpg

And this one was is jumping - but I am not sure it looks quite as we expected - our feet were off the floor - promise.

image.jpg

Longers

Original Poster
Now this holiday, for some reason I have done things I haven't done for some time and in some cases never.
Today was one of the never days.
I had it in my head I was going to give Expedition Everest a try - now I have never done this ride, Chris always goes it alone.
I don't like going backwards but today I was up for it and was ready to make this a 1st.

But when we arrived It was down! Urghhhh

image.jpg

We popped into the shop and as we came out there appeared to be movement on the tracks.
We quickly joined the queue (photo below to prove it) and within 15 mins we were seated and on our way.

image.jpg

image.jpg

The good news is I didn't throw up!
OMG the backward bit was fast and I was a bit freaked out but I loved it - and for all these years Chris has been going it alone. He has got so used to saying 1 that when he got to the front of the queue he had to remember to say 2!

I was a bit shaky when we got off but the queue was only 25 mins so we decided to do it again - yes I was going for a 2nd time. I screamed more than the first time and we tried to do some video but Chris's hand hit the zoom button so pretty much it's just a video straight into my open mouth screaming!

I think maybe he should be treating me for going on that one! He just keeps looking at me and smiling - I don't think he can believe that I finally did it.

Longers

Original Poster
Then off to Dinosaur - that's proprioritory............ You know!

image.jpg

A few other rides done and then I was off to find my Alex and Ani bracelet.
No Belle bracelets so I decided that I was getting a Tinkerbell one to start my collection. Will there be more added before I go home - we will just have to wait and see.

As we left in early afternoon and passed McDonalds we popped in for a bite to eat.
We hadn't eaten since lunch yesterday so were both hungry.
I love that they have wicker furniture you can sit on and enjoy your burger from.
That burger tasted good, we were sitting outside in the sun, in Disney on a Wednesday afternoon - I am still pinching myself that I am actually here.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I said to Chris as we left Animal Kingdom how much I just love everything about being here, I take in every little detail during our whole time and never want to leave this Disney bubble, thankfully we still have several more days to soak it all up

As it was a lovely hot sunny afternoon we took the opportunity to sit by the pool for an hour while doing some washing.
I don't pack for the number of days we stay anymore as I try to leave room in the suitcase for all my purchases!!,

So if in our photos we look like we are wearing the same clothes as last week - we probably are but at least now you know they are clean!,,,,,,,,

prfctlyximprct

Then it was time for some more shots using our gorillapod!
That normally means let's be silly as the camera is on a timer!
Here are the results. The first one is our serious one!

View attachment 73447

View attachment 73448

And this one was is jumping - but I am not sure it looks quite as we expected - our feet were off the floor - promise.

View attachment 73449

This has made my night. Disney happiness portrayed in a picture. I LOVE IT. This encompasses the essence of the world :)

Longers

Original Poster
Washing finished we headed to Hollywood Studios
We had fast pass for TOT, Star Tours (and yes I did do it again - 2nd time since years ago!)
And finally TSMM - the challenge was again on!,,,,,

Who won?

I did of course, the scores were 131,900 for Chris and 135,000 for me!

We did get an ice cream today (Photo tomorrow) it was only a swirl cone but I will add it given its my challenge To have at least 1 a day

We stopped by to see the Osborne light before leaving for the evening. (Will try to post pics of this tomorrow)

But then - I just threw it in there.........

How about going to see Illuminations?

Chris agreed and we were off to park number 3 for today. We arrived in Epcot shortly after 8pm and headed straight on Spaceship earth as it was a walk on.

Test track was reporting a 30 min queue so we thought why not - when we got there it was a 10 min queue for single riders so we took that option and it turned out it was really a walk on and we ended up in the same car just behind each other!

Illuminations done we were in the car and back in the room by 9.30pm

Trip report now updated and its 10.25pm

We are out early tomorrow as we have a Keys to the Kingdom tour booked so I am headed to bed now
Goodnight
More updates tomorrow. (And the promised photos above)

Last edited:

LisaBelle

Just got caught up. Loved seeing the pictures of Diagon Alley. I am a Harry Potter freak. That is the only thing that has gotten me off Disney property! Super cool that you made it to 3 parks in one day. Looking forward to hearing about the Keys to the Kingdom tour.

FlaggNL

Thank you so much for the comments I really appreciate it. I followed your pre trip report and your trip report started just as I left. All my time At the moment has been taken up writing this report so I have yours and a few other trip reports to read when I get home! (But I don't want to think about that right now!) Thanks for following along

And I follow you off course! A great report and yeah it takes a lot of time :) LOL I have around 7 pages with TR's and PTR's to read..... but building my own TR takes so much time... and there still are days I have to work :) Enjoy your trip!!!

Longers

Original Poster
Just got caught up. Loved seeing the pictures of Diagon Alley. I am a Harry Potter freak. That is the only thing that has gotten me off Disney property! Super cool that you made it to 3 parks in one day. Looking forward to hearing about the Keys to the Kingdom tour.

We ore off to Uviversal tomorrow so I am sure there will be more photos - glad you're still with me.

So are we! We're on the 9.30 tour :)

We are off at 8.30 as that's all they had when we booked months back - I am going to see if we can get in before the park opens at 8am - hence our early start. You never know our paths could cross today!

Great day!!!! Have fun on the tour. Cant wait to hear all about it!

Thanks for sticking with me - we are having so much fun.

And I follow you off course! A great report and yeah it takes a lot of time :) LOL I have around 7 pages with TR's and PTR's to read..... but building my own TR takes so much time... and there still are days I have to work :) Enjoy your trip!!!

Thanks for still following - we are having a great time ;)

Minnesota disney fan

My hubby and I did KTTK last year and LOVED it. It is a long 5 hours, but there are short rest periods worked in! Lots of interesting information about Disney, and went behind the scenes at HM and JC. Our tour guide was super and was a huge part of our wonderful experience. I just wanted to say that I,too, am an ice cream addict!!!! I also make it a point to get one ice cream a day and never thought anyone else had that goal too. Love it! Hope to see you guys as we get to POR on Tues, the 18th!! thanks again for the great reports!

mrdrift

All i would like to say is "GOOD FOR YOU". doing Everest two times in a row. The pictures on the the safari turned out nice. Following along.

Longers

Original Poster
Love the description of EE and the attempt of the video. It made me laugh out loud just picturing it!

It is surely something to treasure - I am taking lots of video and tend to put it all together when we get home - I haven't got the time to get it done whilst here (the trip report updates are taking me long enough!)
But I will be sure to share at least that bit so you can all see it!

My hubby and I did KTTK last year and LOVED it. It is a long 5 hours, but there are short rest periods worked in! Lots of interesting information about Disney, and went behind the scenes at HM and JC. Our tour guide was super and was a huge part of our wonderful experience. I just wanted to say that I,too, am an ice cream addict!!!! I also make it a point to get one ice cream a day and never thought anyone else had that goal too. Love it! Hope to see you guys as we get to POR on Tues, the 18th!! thanks again for the great reports!

We had a great tour. Will update shortly. And even when we go on short breaks with my nephews I always tell them it's an ice cream a day - I thought everyone did that when on holiday? Don't they?
And look out for us when you arrive - you know what we look like! :)

All i would like to say is "GOOD FOR YOU". doing Everest two times in a row. The pictures on the the safari turned out nice. Following along.

Thanks for sticking with me - to be honest I still can't believe I did it - I normally try anything new just so I can say I have done it but this one due to going backwards was a no go! Now I wish I had done it sooner.

Longers

Original Poster
Thursday 13th November

Today we did the Keys to the Kingdom tour.

I booked this tour around 2 months ago and wasn't able to get the day I wanted - the cast member I spoke to therefore went through every day to find the first one with an 8.30am slot.
One found we booked it! But almost immediately I put the phone down I realised that this was an EMH - and I was hoping I could use this opportunity to get into Main Street before the crowds.

Now - I know I could have phoned back and changed it but I just decided to "let it go" and stick with what I had and to just chance asking if we arrived at Magic Kingdom early (if not then next year I would book a breakfast)

We were at the bus stop at 7am. The bus arrived in about 20 mins and we were on our way.
On arriving at the Magic Kingdom at around 7.40 there was an entrance for tours and breakfasts, we joined the queue and at 7.45 we were allowed in!

Yey, I was like a kid in a sweet shop - we quickly got to the end of Main Street and the gorilla pod was out!

Photos taken we headed back towards the exit - obviously I had to do a bit of skipping and some of the old parade dance down Main Street. The cast members thought it was funny but I didn't care, I am in Disney and am never growing up.
I was loving it - am I am still pinching myself - I actually feel rather emotional in a happy way!

I cried when we pulled up in POR when we arrived and here I am feeling tearful again. Now I DONT cry - I can easily not cry all year but Disney just gets me.

We made it back to the fire station as the crowds were getting let in.

Tour checked in and we waited for our tour guide.

Now I LOVED this tour.
I did know some of the bits they told us but I still learnt loads. Our guide Anibal was amazing it was like having a tour with Mickey Mouse, the voice of the monorail, and several others all at different times. He did all the voices so well - it's quite clear that he loves his job. I am sure everyone says their guide was amazing but I don't think they could beat his upbeat nature.

I don't want to spoil too many bits of this tour but I think it's well worth the money
You get taken on the jungle cruise, haunted mansion, behind the scenes where you see the parade floats amongst other things and it's a very informative 5 hours.
I have done the backstage magic tour previously which is rather expensive in comparison but for anyone who just wants some history and backstage views do this one.

We also went to the Utilidors - it was whilst in the Utilidors we passed @TB4244 who happened to be doing the same tour but his started an hour later. We waved, and acknowledged each other and parted back on our tours - it was good to finally see you, it was like seeing someone I know even though we have never met!

The tour finished and we did debate waiting to say a personal hello - but our daily ice cream was waiting!

Ice cream in hand we went to find somewhere to watch the parade for the 4th time this holiday - you can never have too many Disney parades (as I think I quoted earlier in this report) :)

Well we still had a few more hours before we were going to get kicked out as tonight was a MVMCP so off we went.

Our first ride was voyage of the little mermaid - this is my 2nd favourite Disney film (beauty and the beast is my all time favourite as I am in love with the beast!)
I love how on this ride you actually feel like you are going under the sea when they project the sea on the sea shell I'm front of you - it's the little details!

We then went to join the 999 happy haunts which was pretty much a walk on.

Then our first fast pass of the day Peter Pan.
This ride always brings back memories of the year they were giving out dream fast passes in the year of a million dreams - we got off of this ride and got a dream fast pass given to us. We still remember that day like it was yesterday every time we get off that ride.

Then 2nd fast pass BTMR - at the back again - I still think that's the best seat!

By this point my feet were hurting so off to Mickeys Philharmagic for a sit down - I always try to take one of Ariels jewels but I never manage to get one. I wonder why?

Then final fast pass today 7DMT and then it was nearly time to get removed from the park - I wonder if they would pick me up kicking and screaming if I refused to go?
Lucky for them I am tired after yesterday's 3 parks and today's 10 hour session so I just did them a favour and left..

Side note - my tiaras are in need of repair, some of the jewels are falling off. Oh no.........
I only have Mickey ears left to wear so sorry for the lack of head wear!

Also I am currently having issues with getting my pictures off my SD card onto my IPAD - the connector doesn't seem to be working so I will update any photos as soon as I can - sorry

More tomorrow.

TB4244

Even though we've not actually met it was great seeing you too @Longers, and what a location to finally bump into each other - the utilidors of all places. I could have spent ages exploring down there. But it looks like you were having as much of a blast as we were :)

Minnesota disney fan

It is surely something to treasure - I am taking lots of video and tend to put it all together when we get home - I haven't got the time to get it done whilst here (the trip report updates are taking me long enough!)
But I will be sure to share at least that bit so you can all see it!

We had a great tour. Will update shortly. And even when we go on short breaks with my nephews I always tell them it's an ice cream a day - I thought everyone did that when on holiday? Don't they?
And look out for us when you arrive - you know what we look like! :)

Thanks for sticking with me - to be honest I still can't believe I did it - I normally try anything new just so I can say I have done it but this one due to going backwards was a no go! Now I wish I had done it sooner.

Yep, we know what you guys look like, but you are at a disadvantage! So, here goes, just look for a couple who look like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie................JUST kidding, lol! We are both in our 60's. I have dark hair with white streaks about 5'6" tall, not overweight but not skinny. Hubby is 5'10" tall and wears a white camo baseball hat, most of the time. My hubby thinks we don't have much of a chance of even seeing you at POR, but will keep our eyes open. That'd be cool, wouldn't it? might even buy you guys an ice cream:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom