Trip Report Finally back home. That is my WDW home.

Magical greetings, my fellow Disney freaks!
Some of you will have followed my countdown and now the counting down is about to become a reality.
Where else does anyone understand our passion for all things Disney other than here on this site?
My friends are starting to understand that Disney is part of my life. I don't know what's happening most of the time in the real world but in the Disney world I know what's happening daily!
I am going to attempt live (well daily reports) throughout our stay using Disney wi fi either at the end or beginning of the day - well that's the plan but if it gets too much I may need to pick up on my return but I will let you know.

I am a PA for work so I do need to be organised but I feel a bit over planned for this trip in terms of fast pass etc. I just hope it hasn't affected queue times too much in the parks but will feed back my thought. At the moment I have embraced it. Whilst it was in use last year the old fast pass ticket machines were still there.

I will be in Disney every one of our vacation days. In some cases hours rather than days. So we will see who makes it through to the end with me!
I have lived through others trip reports and thought I would return the favour to those feeling the Disney blues. - welcome aboard.
I hope I can inspire some of you (lurkers) to join to comment like Nicole @prfctlyximprct did to me! I got so into her report that most of my friends know about her and Chris asked when she was coming to stay! (And she's just got back from another trip) so especially for you Nicole I hope this helps you with those Disney blues.

Longers

Original Poster
My first trip was back in 1996, the year I got married. We were arranging our honeymoon and I just threw it in there that I wanted to go. It met with a puzzled look from Chris and very soon he had said yes.
Plans changed and we decided we would go to Barbados for our honeymoon in June and in the November we would go to Disney. My dreams were finally going to come true.
I can still remember that last day of our first trip I cried, and not just a bit - I full on cried at the end of Main Street as we left the Magic Kingdom. I thought that was it - never again........ But here we are all these years later - we went again in 1998 and then every year since then.

So what are the plans?

image.jpg
Myself and my husband Chris are off on our 18th trip to WDW, we spent our 250th night in Port Orleans Riverside last year and came back from the park to a cool bag full of food and a personal note from the manager of the hotel. We were so touched - we just love this resort and don't see any point in changing to any other. I am trying to get to a year of my life spent in Disney at POR that seems to be a good ambition to me!

We are staying for 16 nights, and we don't have any ADR's (we never do) I am a fussy eater and to be honest would rather be out and about soaking it all up rather than sitting eating - it's quick snacks all the way for me.
We missed out on the dining plan deal this year but not to worry it's all covered next year (and yes that trip is already booked,)

So if you're sill with me let's get started.

Longers

Original Poster
Tuesday 4th. November
The day before we left.
I worked all day, you know the feeling, have to work but just don't want to be there and you just clock watch the whole day, right? - around 7pm we headed off to the airport for our overnight stay at the Premier Inn Balcombe Rd.
In the UK they advertise hotels from £29 a night but you never get one, but we did and in Gatwick - result! And we didn't have to pay to park the car there overnight.
We did wake up during the night but this was mainly due to us worrying about things we might not have done at work!
The beds were comfy and it was quiet, we will definitely look at staying here again.

Last edited:

Longers

Original Poster
Wednesday 5th November
Travel day and the day I had been waiting for since Nov last year!
We woke up at 7am and quickly showered and headed to the airport. We parked the car and were on our way to the terminal.
We did some duty free shopping, got some food and then realised that our gate was due to close at 11am and it was 5 to! There was no way I was missing this flight.
My stomach was going over as we literally did the best to get to the gate before it closed. I didn't even want to contemplate the thought of not getting on that plane.
Now let me put things into perspective here, myself and my husband are early for everything - but Virgin Atlantic seem to have decided to change things as this came up on all the boards only 20 mins after they put the gate number up. This is probably to ensure they can leave on time. Good news anyway as we approached the gate there was a long queue which probably took over 30 mins to get through anyway. So panic over we were on the flight and on our way. Do. Look a wee bit freaked out!?

image.jpg

We arrived at Orlando 5 mins early, the queue through customs was long. But good news for us as we had travelled to Vegas already this year we were able to use some new machines at the airport that did the finger print things etc then you just go to a customs official to get your passport stamped. Luggage collected, car sorted and we are on our way home.

Through the famous sign (sorry no pictures) as it was dark, but the pixie dust still fell. I always say as you first arrive in Disney and go under the sign your worries, age, cares and inhibitions are all lifted and pixie dust falls to make you a kid again, happy, carefree and excited for the adventures and memories to come.
Just a few minutes later we were home POR.
Now the holiday really starts.
image.jpg

Longers

Original Poster
Thursday 6th November
It's just coming up to 6am and Chris is finally awake. I have been since 5am.
I really can't believe I am here. It's like the adverts where the kids are on the end of the bed ready to go.
I just want to get out there to soak it all up.

First Stacey and the weather channel.
We were so tired last night we crashed early without turning the TV on!
Sock horror but it's on now.

Today the plan is Magic Kingdom its an EMH and we want to catch the opening show so more later.

Longers

Original Poster
16 nights wow!!! Thats the sure way of getting your disney fill....look forward to your reports....
Well if you're gonna do it you may as well stay longer right?
We did stay once for 18 nights and Thought that was good going until we got chatting to an older couple who were doing 21 days.

Longers

Original Poster
Thursday 6th November continued........
So we made it out of POR at 7.10am and decided to drive to TTS in order to get our first ride on the monorail - bad mistake. No monorails running so only a boat and we just missed one so had to wait so that meant we missed the opening show :bawling: but good news we have a further 15 days to make it to another one. :)
So at that point we decided to take things a bit slowly today. We decided to go to 7DMT to check out the wait and then just decided as we had a fast pass on Sat we would just go to WInnie the pooh so this was our first ride of this holiday.

After this we went on Buzz, It's a small world, Haunted mansion and then our first fast pass jingle cruise

image.jpg

After that it was off to pirates. Really don't know why but this is a favourite and normally wins hands down with the most rides for pretty much all of our Disney trips.

By this time we were both hungry so we stopped at Columbia Harbour house.

We were full so the next ride was Mickeys Philharmagic, then back to Splash and BTMR - we sat right at the back and have a classic video clip that I might post at some point.

It was a lovely sunny hot day in Orlando and when on vacation you have to have at least 1 ice cream a day.....its a rule and if you break it you get punished and that can't happen can it?

So ice creams it was

image.jpg

After this it was a spot of shopping - well I had resisted last night so I just had to have a look and see what might get onto my "must have" list this year.
Well if Stacey can have "must do's" then I can have "must have's"

Longers

Original Poster
Then it was time to go back to Momento Mori the new Haunted Mansion shop. I really wanted one of those pictures where you look dead. Surely it's what you do if you love this ride too and what a novel souvenir to have. Sooooooo...........

Yes I had to have one. Here is the result (not a great picture but I'm dead so it's not exactly going to be flattering)

image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom