Trip Report Finally back home. That is my WDW home.

Magical greetings, my fellow Disney freaks!
Some of you will have followed my countdown and now the counting down is about to become a reality.
Where else does anyone understand our passion for all things Disney other than here on this site?
My friends are starting to understand that Disney is part of my life. I don't know what's happening most of the time in the real world but in the Disney world I know what's happening daily!
I am going to attempt live (well daily reports) throughout our stay using Disney wi fi either at the end or beginning of the day - well that's the plan but if it gets too much I may need to pick up on my return but I will let you know.

I am a PA for work so I do need to be organised but I feel a bit over planned for this trip in terms of fast pass etc. I just hope it hasn't affected queue times too much in the parks but will feed back my thought. At the moment I have embraced it. Whilst it was in use last year the old fast pass ticket machines were still there.

I will be in Disney every one of our vacation days. In some cases hours rather than days. So we will see who makes it through to the end with me!
I have lived through others trip reports and thought I would return the favour to those feeling the Disney blues. - welcome aboard.
I hope I can inspire some of you (lurkers) to join to comment like Nicole @prfctlyximprct did to me! I got so into her report that most of my friends know about her and Chris asked when she was coming to stay! (And she's just got back from another trip) so especially for you Nicole I hope this helps you with those Disney blues.

Longers

Original Poster
By this point it was 4pm and I am ashamed to say I was shattered. I think the travelling, plus feeling a bit sick today had worn me out. So We left the park and headed straight to Wallmart for supplies.
25 bottles of Dasani water $5 a bargain when they are $2.50 in the park

We stopped at McDonalds for a quick snack and then headed back home, my WDW home POR

It's now 8pm and we have decided to stay in and just relax tonight - we both had quite stressful times before we left home so whilst we both think we should go out we have both agreed that staying in is the best option.

Tomorrows plans are Hollywood Studios for TSMM and I have let Chris book golf at Palms at 1.08 - after all I have filled out all our other 15 days so giving him most of 1 day is surely more than fair! ;)

Will update tomorrow.
Thanks for following along

LisaBelle

I am really enjoying your report so far. I totally agree with you about the pixie dust falling and lifting your cares away as you pass under that beloved Walt Disney World sign. Can't wait to read more!

Longers

Original Poster
Loving the trip report and you fill us in with way more detail than mine (I must try harder, just like my old school reports). I hope you having as much fun as we are.
Loving it and determined at some point to find at least 1 Nov trip club member!
So you'd better watch out!

I am really enjoying your report so far. I totally agree with you about the pixie dust falling and lifting your cares away as you pass under that beloved Walt Disney World sign. Can't wait to read more!

Thank you for following along - it's my first ever so it might not be perfect but I am trying - hopefully you'll still be with me at the end. :)

prfctlyximprct

Ahhhh loving this so far!! You have come a long way from being a lurker to a trip reporter!! I am soooo happy to be following along :) you are easing my disney depression!

I hope I see some tiaras in upcoming pics, or at least some mickey ears! I am currently craving ice cream.. For breakfast thank you very much :)

ENJOY YOUR TRIP!! I will live vicariously through your photos! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing the journey, you are piecing together my shattered disney heart.

Longers

Original Poster
Ahhhh loving this so far!! You have come a long way from being a lurker to a trip reporter!! I am soooo happy to be following along :) you are easing my disney depression!

I hope I see some tiaras in upcoming pics, or at least some mickey ears! I am currently craving ice cream.. For breakfast thank you very much :)

ENJOY YOUR TRIP!! I will live vicariously through your photos! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing the journey, you are piecing together my shattered disney heart.

Thanks Nicole
There are definitely tiaras and more ice cream to come.
Loving our trip so far and definitely more to come.
I really do hope I can piece together that shattered heart :)

Hey you look pretty good dead!!!
Chris hates it but I think it's a great souvenir. Do you think you will become a ghost too when you arrive?

Longers

Original Poster
Friday 7th November
Another great hot and sunny day.
We were up and outside Hollywood Studios by 8.15am - I think the jet lag has me on different time zones still and this normally doesn't affect me here so much as when I get home but we waited patiently until park opening.
When the park opened so many people were running in different directions (but I bet they haven't signed up for this weekends marathon!)
Our first stop was a first for us - a photo in Andy's room with Buzz & Woody. As we were first in Buzz came to meet us and I got this great photo
(Great in terms of managing to get a shot like this but not great of me)

image.jpg

And then we got the bed photo

image.jpg

From here we went over to TSMM - despite getting some of the ways to get high scores off this site I still only managed 147,600 but was the highest in the vehicle.
Better work on improving that score further into this holiday.

Longers

Original Poster
From here we did another first.
We got on the frnt row of TGMR and we got the Bank scene which to be honest I think we might only have seen once on our very first trip.

Here are some photos of our ride

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Then we quickly went to see Walt to say hi and thanks for all he has created.
Whenever I am asked what famous person I would bring back to life for a day I always say Walt - I would truly love him to see what he created and how many people are made so happy coming here.

image.jpg

And then I went on the longest ride in Disney!
A golf buggy at Palms while Chris played 18 holes of golf! :bored:
Well 16 days in Disney so I am sure I can give him 1 day!

And I did see a mum and a baby deer and this alligator in the water at the final hole.

image.jpg

Tomorrows plans are Epcot AM and Magic Kingdom PM
I have an Anna & Elsa fast pass and a 7DMT one too - so there will be 2 more firsts coming up tomorrow.

And I know I haven't had ice cream yet today but if that doesn't happen I will have 2 tomorrow.

Thanks for following along

Longers

Original Poster
Saturday 8th November
Well this was to be a 12 hour day door to door!
To be honest the last 2 days neither myself or Chris had felt great. neither one of us was going to give in so we just kept going.
Today we both woke feeling better and you could tell that a bit more pixie dust had fallen on our heads as we were both so excited for today - bring it on.

I have to say that it was busy today, the crowd level calendar said overall a 5 but there were so many people everywhere but that wasn't going to stop us.

First stop Epcot!

We were directed to park on the grass! Yes you heard correct - grass - we've never parked on grass.
We joked when we got out to a couple that we were parked in "tree 12"
We all had to leave via a gap in some railings - it was quite a bizarre start to the day

We were finally in and was greeted with this site - i know its not quite Cinderella's castle but I love this

image.jpg

image.jpg

We went past Spaceship earth today as we only had fast pass for this afternoon at Magic Kingdom and we decided we would go to Soarin and queue!

A quick photo on the way.
We will do again later in our holiday as we love this ride - it holds a special place in our hearts as the first ride we EVER went on in Disney.

image.jpg

And so off to Soarin we went (or Oarin for you Nicole)

then a boat ride to do living with the land. We always see changes here and like to do at least once each trip.

Then living seas - "in the big blue world" etc - now you're all probably singing it - aren't you?

Then we both started to get hungry so we went towards World Showcase.

Lou Mongello was there from WDW radio doing a monthly meet and greet.
When we arrive he was talking to Nicky and Neil who I sat next to on the plane over. Nicky is as mad about Disney as me. We talked on the way over between films. I took a picure of them and Lou together and then we had a chat with them about their holiday etc. Chris really did think that I was mad about Disney but I think he is finally realising there are more of us about. It's great to meet and talk to people with the same passion for Disney as me.
We did wait for a photo and chat but after about 20 mins we gave up - maybe next year!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 72

Longers

Original Poster
image.jpg

Here's my Lou Mongello picture.

Fed and watered we stopped in China for a photo op

image.jpg

And then we had to head out as we had an appointment with Royalty.

On the way out I had promised a friend I would look for their details on the podiums or whatever you call then at the front of Epcot.

I found it so I have messaged them back home. They apparently got it free and it has prime position facing Space ship earth. No picture though only writing!

image.jpg

Longers

Original Poster
We left Epcot and took the monorail to Magic Kingdom
We managed to get there for the parade. Hoorah! :D
We watched again and I loved it (I probably took more in as I was feeling better) the detail on the floats is amazing.
As I said earlier I loved the last parade - indeed I have a video start to finish and had even mastered some of the dance moves and sometimes reinact them at home - which Chris does find rather amusing.
So now I have new things to learn

I then had an appointment with Anna & Elsa.
Now I had read on these sites that this was a hard to get fast pass. (This was after I had made my initial selections when it was available) and just like a child who is told you can't have something you just know you have to have it.
So I just kept trying and managed to get one - I don't think Chris was too happy about it - I text him at work to let him know and just got a reply back saying "really!"

So for the first time in forever we made out way through the fast pass entry and were in.

This was a great meet and greet and I loved it!
Chris joined in with a little less enthusiasm.

They loved my tiara and I complimented them on their dresses.
I just love that even though I am an adult they still speak to you knowing you must love all things Disney or Frozen to even be there.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Longers

Original Poster
Then it was ice cream time.
And we didn't get our ice cream yesterday so we were 1 behind on our mission to have 1 ever day so we settled for hot fudge cookie sundaes from storybook treats.

We got sooooo many comment from passers by on this one - I think that there was a lot of people right then who wanted to be us - but they were ours and we weren't sharing! :p

image.jpg

Our next fast pass was BTMR - we were soooo full from these ice creams that normally we would ask for the back row as I do think it's the best place to be on this ride but we decided that we would let fate decide as we were both feeling quite sick.
As luck would have it we were put in the 3rd row from the front this suited us and our ice creams stayed down.

Then it was time for our 1st ride on 7DMT.
We both took our seats and almost simulaniously made a comment about how do larger people sit on this ride.
Now we aren't big but those seats I have to say are small!

We were then off.
I enjoyed this ride. I would be disappointed to have been in the 2 hour queue to ride it but for fast pass then it was fun.
The dwarfs in the mine was well done and obviously we had a bit of a sing song whilst we were on it.
I think I have another 4 fast pass currently for this ride for the rest of our holiday so we will be doing it again.

We made our way to the castle to watch the lights being turned on but due to inclement weather they delayed it, so we did call it a night and made our way out.

To be honest at this point the crowds had got to me - we'd been out for 12 hours and we still have another 12 full days and night before we leave so we will be back another day.

As I finish this report for this evening it's 10.30pm and its raining outside. The forecast is for it to continue into the morning.
I am not sure what we will do tomorrow. We are just going to see what the waethers like.

More updates to follow tomorrow. Have a good night and thanks for following if you are still there! :)

Last edited:

Longers

Original Poster
Sunday 9th November
I am awake! Despite not going to bed until after 11pm I woke up at 5.30am. It must just be excitement.

I haven't looked outside but I can hear what sounds like rain!

So I am guessing it was probably perfect weather for serious runners at last nights half marathon but for those who probably just trained and we're looking forward to personal achievements with Disney characters it might not have happened (as I am guessing that the rain would have meant less of them on the course?) Well done to all those who ran.

Last year I ran the jingle jungle 5k and it was a lot of fun. Now I am NOT a runner. I repeat NOT a runner. In fact I hate anything sports related, or that involves any kind of exercise! so how did this happen?
My brother and his wife run so I mentioned That Disney do runs - They were going to Disney too and our holidays overlapped - I thought no more of it and then out of the blue they told me they were going to sign up and they would give me one of their medals for my Disney collection.

Well that was it - I couldnt have them (when this was only their 2nd trip) have, and do, something I hadn't done so we all signed up together, from this point all I worried about was what to wear - yes I wasn't worried about the running just what I was going to wear. I wasn't going to run in just running gear - this was an experience I wanted to immerse myself in and I was wearing fancy dress I just had to decide what fancy dress.

They provided me with a 5k training plan and that was it, training had to start.
I remember the first training day - it was something like run 1 min, walk 1 min and repeat 5 times.
I couldn't even run 1 minute - I just looked at Chris and said "oh no what have I done." I knew I was unfit but boy I didn't realise how unfit I was. :eek:

He told me not to worry and that if all else failed I would make it round walking.
Training continued and before we left I was up to running 2 miles.
I was confident then I would make it - and thankfully I did. The atmosphere was electric. I was ready for this - lets go.............

We crossed the line in around 40 mins - I was really pleased with that as I did stop for water and a few photos - I mean where else can you run around a Disney park dressed as a princess. Loads of people make such an effort with costumes it was a lot of fun. This Dalmation family was just Awesome........

image.jpg

image.jpg

And here we are at the end with our medals (that's my brother and his wife in the picture with us)
I have a very special bond with my brother so t was great we were all there together)

image.jpg

Have I run since I hear you ask?

Well, I tried to but once we got home life took over again.
I have run but it's very infrequent, I definitely couldn't to 5k again without training.
I can do a mile in 9mins on a good day.

My brother is again joining us here next year so if he manages to move his days (we all go home together but he arrives after us) we might sign up for next year. - we will see............

Anyhow, I know i just got side tracked but that's kept me amused for an hour as Chris is still asleep and it sounds like it's still raining outside.

What to do today?
We didn't pack any clothes for this weather so I think we may get wet? More later ...........

coachwnh

In the Parks
No
Then it was ice cream time.
And we didn't get our ice cream yesterday so we were 1 behind on our mission to have 1 ever day so we settled for hot fudge cookie sundaes from storybook treats.

We got sooooo many comment from passers by on this one - I think that there was a lot of people right then who wanted to be us - but they were ours and we weren't sharing! :p

View attachment 72986

Our next fast pass was BTMR - we were soooo full from these ice creams that normally we would ask for the back row as I do think it's the best place to be on this ride but we decided that we would let fate decide as we were both feeling quite sick.
As luck would have it we were put in the 3rd row from the front this suited us and our ice creams stayed down.

Then it was time for our 1st ride on 7DMT.
We both took our seats and almost simulaniously made a comment about how do larger people sit on this ride.
Now we aren't big but those seats I have to say are small!

We were then off.
I enjoyed this ride. I would be disappointed to have been in the 2 hour queue to ride it but for fast pass then it was fun.
The dwarfs in the mine was well done and obviously we had a bit of a sing song whilst we were on it.
I think I have another 4 fast pass currently for this ride for the rest of our holiday so we will be doing it again.

We made our way to the castle to watch the lights being turned on but due to inclement weather they delayed it, so we did call it a night and made our way out.

To be honest at this point the crowds had got to me - we'd been out for 12 hours and we still have another 12 full days and night before we leave so we will be back another day.

As I finish this report for this evening it's 10.30pm and its raining outside. The forecast is for it to continue into the morning.
I am not sure what we will do tomorrow. We are just going to see what the waethers like.

More updates to follow tomorrow. Have a good night and thanks for following if you are still there! :)
That ice cream looked awesome! Sorry about the weather. Hope the next 12 days are bright and sunny!:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom