Final Performance of 'Illuminations : RoE' Fan Meetup - Imagination Pavilion Gardens : Sept-30th 2pm-3pm

trainplane3

Alrighty kids -

I have decided on the meet up spot for anyone interested in getting together on the day of the Final Showing for 'Illuminations : Reflections of Earth'.

The impromptu meet up will take place at -

The IMAGINATION PAVILION
Monday, September 30th from 2:00pm to 3:00pm

I will be hanging out during that full hour in the area behind the 'Upside Down Fountain', in the former Imagination Gardens area.
This is home to the famous 'Leap Frog Fountains', and is also the EXIT area outside of the Magic Eye Theater.
This is a area very few Guests tend to linger in once exiting the theater, but back in the day it was lively and had a lot of topiary and visual delights.
Today, it is a great meeting spot that everyone can find and features seating, shade, and some nice views of Future World.

I plan on bringing some fun things with me to give away to anyone who happens to show up and say hello.....
More about that at a later time, when i am able to share photos.

Hope to see some folks there!
:)

-
Sounds like a plan. You're on the calendar now!

Might want to edit the first post in this thread with that info. That way people won't have to look for it.

Last edited:

KikoKea

Alrighty kids -

I have decided on the meet up spot for anyone interested in getting together on the day of the Final Showing for 'Illuminations : Reflections of Earth'.

The IMAGINATION PAVILION

I will be hanging out during that full hour in the area behind the 'Upside Down Fountain', in the former Imagination Gardens area.
This is home to the famous 'Leap Frog Fountains', and is also the EXIT area outside of the Magic Eye Theater.
This is a area very few Guests tend to linger in once exiting the theater, but back in the day it was lively and had a lot of topiary and visual delights.
Today, it is a great meeting spot that everyone can find and features seating, shade, and some nice views of Future World.

I plan on bringing some fun things with me to give away to anyone who happens to show up and say hello.....

-
I'll check my schedule- if we are at the park by then, we'll try to run by and say hello!😊

DInnocentOne

Alrighty kids -

The IMAGINATION PAVILION

-

We will stop by, we should be in the park all day.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Here are some photos showing the meeting spot, for those not familiar with this area located to the side of the Imagination Pavilion.

Here is a birds eye view...for even more clear reference as to where folks are welcome to meet up !

And now, just for all of the EPCOT Center fans in the house-
How this area looked back in the day....in 1982!
Ahhhhh MUCH better -

Look closely at that photograph....and you may see a young Tony Baxter near the center of the picture holding a camera up to his shoulder.
(Hint : look for the gent wearing a light blue shirt and sunglasses )
Standing right next him . pointing at the fountains, is the gent who invented the 'Leap Frog' fountains.
He's the guy who years later became well known for the fountain spectacle in Las Vegas.....whassitcalled...?
;)

-

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
And now, with only a couple of weeks to go.....let's look back at the humble beginnings of 'Reflections of Earth' with a look at the concept art from 1999 -

And then we have this, the famous image used for a lot of the marketing for the show -

It's still amazing to me that this show has run for 20 years.

-

-

Figments Friend

Original Poster
So i just had another 'spark of an idea' -

Am i remembering correctly that the barges involved in the Show are moved from their backstage holding area to the lagoon around 3pm ....?
The drawbridge lifts up, and the Earth Barge and accompanying pyro barges are floated out in close view of that area of the World Showcase main walkway in the area between China and the Outpost.

A few years back i stood there as the bridge rose up and then watched at close quarters all of those units being moved out into the lagoon, and it was a pretty cool close up view of all the hardware.
Some of the Cast were even waving at the onlookers.

I was thinking.....

Since our fun fan meet up over at the Imagination Pavilion's fountain gardens is planned to conclude at 3pm, how about we all walk over to the bridge and cheer on the Cast who will be moving those show elements onstage for the last time...?
It would be nice to show some support for these people who work behind the scenes and are also a integral part of making this Show happen.

Sound fun.....?

Any interest...?

-

Here are some more photos of those fine barges being paraded out one fine afternoon -

-

-

trainplane3

So i just had another 'spark of an idea' -

Am i remembering correctly that the barges involved in the Show are moved from their backstage holding area to the lagoon around 3pm ....?
The drawbridge lifts up, and the Earth Barge and accompanying pyro barges are floated out in close view of that area of the World Showcase main walkway in the area between China and the Outpost.

A few years back i stood there as the bridge rose up and then watched at close quarters all of those units being moved out into the lagoon, and it was a pretty cool close up view of all the hardware.
Some of the Cast were even waving at the onlookers.

I was thinking.....

Since our fun fan meet up over at the Imagination Pavilion's fountain gardens is planned to conclude at 3pm, how about we all walk over to the bridge and cheer on the Cast who will be moving those show elements onstage for the last time...?
It would be nice to show some support for these people who work behind the scenes and are also a integral part of making this Show happen.

Sound fun.....?

Any interest...?

-

Here are some more photos of those fine barges being paraded out one fine afternoon -

View attachment 409234

-

View attachment 409235

-
Good idea but...it depends on the weather and how the crew is scheduled. On my last trip, they didn't come out til 5ish.

And the image it's from:
A3cUYpP.jpg

You can see the empty spot that used to have a LED unit prior to a sleeveless guy stealing it. :p

Speaking of @marni1971, the times do vary right? On my trip they were never out at 3pm.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Good idea but...it depends on the weather and how the crew is scheduled. On my last trip, they didn't come out til 5ish.
View attachment 409258
And the image it's from:
A3cUYpP.jpg

You can see the empty spot that used to have a LED unit prior to a sleeveless guy stealing it. :p

Speaking of @marni1971, the times do vary right? On my trip they were never out at 3pm.
Times vary. There’s several variables.

Ballpark is generally between 330-5pm.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Alrighty then....

So with the times being rather unpredictable, perhaps we should all just 'wing it' and see what happens.

But i will be there, from 2pm to 3pm at the Imagination Pavilion gardens....ready to meet fans and give away some fun memorabilia.
Looking forward to meeting some of you !

-

Fastpass+

Hallo Freund!
Ich freue mich sehr, dass Sie an diesem besonderen Abend zu uns kommen!

😃

-

It‘s nice to get a reply in my language.

The first time I‘ve seen this show was 19 years ago at the age of 6. It‘s one of my greatest childhood memories.

Also, really looking forward to this meet up.

For the show itself, I‘ve got a revervation for the Attractions Magazine Dessert Party.

cosmicgirl

Welcome!

So how many dessert parties are there exactly? Maybe that's why the FPs were impossible to get. Maybe they're using the area for special events the last few nights? The latest possible date I saw available was the 26th.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Alrighty then....

So with the times being rather unpredictable, perhaps we should all just 'wing it' and see what happens.

But i will be there, from 2pm to 3pm at the Imagination Pavilion gardens....ready to meet fans and give away some fun memorabilia.
Looking forward to meeting some of you !

-
Sorry I’m missing it. Say goodbye for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom