Final Performance of 'Illuminations : RoE' Fan Meetup - Imagination Pavilion Gardens : Sept-30th 2pm-3pm

Fastpass+

Welcome!

So how many dessert parties are there exactly? Maybe that's why the FPs were impossible to get. Maybe they're using the area for special events the last few nights? The latest possible date I saw available was the 26th.

The party I'm attending will be at the Italy Pavillion, not in the FP+ area. But, I've it the same problem on the 28th/29th and the first Performance of Epcot Forever. 🤔

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Considering the thousands of performances I've missed, I don't think missing one more will hurt me, even if it is the last.

That said, I got a chance to share a view with my DD last trip, so that memory will serve just as well, if not better.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
So i am currently listening to some EPCOT related music as i work today, and the 'Illuminations :RoE' Show soundtrack finale song 'We Go On' just played and i'm a emotional puddle right now.
This is the song as performed during the actual Show finale, not the more laid back 'aftershow' version ( which, technically, is referred to as 'Promise' )
When that big ol' Earth globe slowly opens up like a lotus blossom and that giant torch lights up.
Yeah, THAT version.
😌

I've listened to this soundtrack thousands of times over the last 20 years , and it STILL effects me every so often, but i totally did not expect it to hit me so hard during a unexpected moment, but wow.....

The lyrics, when taken into context of this being the final performance, take on a WHOLE new meaning.
Just listen for yourself ....here, at the 48:45 time point -

Gahh!

:cry:

Man...if i'm this much of a crybaby now, what kind of shape am i going to be in on THE NIGHT...when that finale hits, and that song is blasting all through EPCOT, with probably 20,000 people singing along...?
Oh my.....

For fans of this Show, this is going to be one heck of a emotional roller coaster of a day.
But, 'We Go On' ...!!

😊

-

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Well the fun surprise giveaways I plan on bringing for our little impromptu meet up arrived today....direct from Canada!
How fitting, considering these are going to Epcot for all of you.

I've had some of my Tony Baxter & Figment hand drawn artwork professionally printed and made into postcards.
I also will have on hand some 'TBFC' stickers, because everyone loves getting stickers at WDW, right?
I get a lot of requests for these, so here ya go.....and these are FREE for anyone showing up during our hour meet up time slot.

:)

wendysmom

Watching our final viewing of Illuminations last night I remembered when Martin (@marni1971 ) was first telling us about the exciting lasers that were being added. Tears! I will miss this show so much. I've also been trying to find a recording of the pre-Illuminations World Showcase music, with no sucess.😞 I love it and hate to never hear it again. I have the Millennium CD, and it's not on it as someone suggested. Sigh...

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Watching our final viewing of Illuminations last night I remembered when Martin (@marni1971 ) was first telling us about the exciting lasers that were being added. Tears! I will miss this show so much. I've also been trying to find a recording of the pre-Illuminations World Showcase music, with no sucess.😞 I love it and hate to never hear it again. I have the Millennium CD, and it's not on it as someone suggested. Sigh...

Check my post above in this thread -
I shared a YouTube link with the entire pre-show music that is played in World Showcase prior to the Show.
Perhaps this is the music you have been looking for...?

-

Fastpass+

So i am currently listening to some EPCOT related music as i work today, and the 'Illuminations :RoE' Show soundtrack finale song 'We Go On' just played and i'm a emotional puddle right now.
This is the song as performed during the actual Show finale, not the more laid back 'aftershow' version ( which, technically, is referred to as 'Promise' )
When that big ol' Earth globe slowly opens up like a lotus blossom and that giant torch lights up.
Yeah, THAT version.
😌

I've listened to this soundtrack thousands of times over the last 20 years , and it STILL effects me every so often, but i totally did not expect it to hit me so hard during a unexpected moment, but wow.....

The lyrics, when taken into context of this being the final performance, take on a WHOLE new meaning.

Gahh!

:cry:

Man...if i'm this much of a crybaby now, what kind of shape am i going to be in on THE NIGHT...when that finale hits, and that song is blasting all through EPCOT, with probably 20,000 people singing along...?
Oh my.....

For fans of this Show, this is going to be one heck of a emotional roller coaster of a day.
But, 'We Go On' ...!!

😊

-

For me, it‘s the Most emotional music ever created. First heard it at the age of 6. Sooooooo many great childhood memories. I‘m so thankful to my parents that they brought me over to Orlando for the first time back in 2000.

I wish I could be there to say farewell to this amazing show with you all. Still a tiny tiny chance I can swing down during that time, but not looking too likely at this point. Regardless, my heart will be there with you all in saying goodbye to ROE, and honoring all the fond memories the show has brought us over the years. We go on!

Figments Friend

Original Poster
For me, it‘s the Most emotional music ever created. First heard it at the age of 6. Sooooooo many great childhood memories. I‘m so thankful to my parents that they brought me over to Orlando for the first time back in 2000.

It really is a stunning musical composition.
I have always felt that the music for this Show in particular was 80% of the spectacle.
All the elements working together make 'Illuminations' what it is, but the fantastic score really sets the bar at a even higher level of excellence.

It truly is the end of a era once this Show ends.
In more ways then one, but it's likely the end of a nightly spectacle that doesn't involve a 'Disney character clip show'.
Although, we do still have what's left of 'Rivers of Light'....

That being said, I am looking forward to 'Epcot Forever' however.
All I have seen and heard musically to date has my interest and seems quite promising.
We shall see how well it all comes together that night on the lagoon.
Feeling good about it thus far.
:)

-

-

Surfin' Tuna

What stage of grief is acceptance? I was there. Then I read this post and listened...

Anger has returned and sadness. Thanks for posting it, but it is a kick in the place you don't wanna be kicked. I had decided not to go back and watch the show one more time, but I think I will try this week and then maybe on the final night. Who doesn't like crying in public?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom