Filming cancelled

JeffH

Magic Kingdom Christmas Tree

Last weekend (Thanksgiving) we were there and instead of the big tree on Main Street, they had 2 little trees instead...I assumed that this was due to the parade taping (in the past the big tree was over by the castle until after the parade taping)?
But since I didn't notice the big tree anywhere, I worry that the 2 LITTLE trees maybe another (asinine) attempt at saving energy and we will be stuck with them all season?
Tell me it ain't so and the big tree will be up next week after the parade taping?

dvitali

Is the Jonas Brother the only act that need to be taped in front of castle sunday? I believe they also tape a finale closing number either in front of the castle or in front of the train station circle at the end of the parade.

I received an email from Disney saying that the parade taping was re-scheduled for Sunday. It said that anyone with E-tickets could come at 7:00am or at 11:30am on Sunday. So I guess the regular parade will be filmed after 11:30 and the Jonas Bros. and opening number will be first? I am going to the later taping. Here is what the email said:

Thank You for Your Interest to be a Part of our Production!

Due to current weather conditions, we had to move our production of the Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade filming from Saturday to Sunday December 6th, 2009. If you are available we invite you to return on Sunday December 6th, 2009 at 7am to be part of our Audience.

Our Host Kelly Ripa will be appearing along with Performances by the Jonas Brothers, Steve Rushton and the Santa Buddies. We will also be filming various Parade Elements on Main Street USA.

Please note that the call time has been moved up to 7am. If you hold a ticket for 11:30am you may come at 7am and be part of our opening production number or join us at your selected 11:30am time!

We are sorry for any inconvenience this weather-related change has caused and we thank you for helping us bring the Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade to life.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Last weekend (Thanksgiving) we were there and instead of the big tree on Main Street, they had 2 little trees instead...I assumed that this was due to the parade taping (in the past the big tree was over by the castle until after the parade taping)?
But since I didn't notice the big tree anywhere, I worry that the 2 LITTLE trees maybe another (asinine) attempt at saving energy and we will be stuck with them all season?
Tell me it ain't so and the big tree will be up next week after the parade taping?

Yes the big tree will be back this week. :)

EPCOTPluto

Yes the big tree will be back this week.
Nice! I thought it would've been another cost-cutting move from Disney. :)

It was chaos. Very very wet chaos.

And no taping.
I mean well, but today was all filming and clear of any rain. The Jonas Brothers, Steve Rushton, the dogs from "Santa Buddies" and Kelly Ripa were there. Along with numerous dancers from various schools. While very crowded, I enjoyed my time there & hope I show up on TV on Christmas day. :)

Oh, and I am not sure if this is new or what, (can't remember now), but I discovered that they played the CaDCT parade today around 5pm. Now, if I recall, they would begin the non-TV Christmas parade around early December, which would be now. I assumed that it was because of the filming that it did not play today. However, I later asked GR, and I was told that that parade would only play the week of Christmas (between the 21-27th) and only CaDCT parade would play at 3pm until then. :shrug:

Figment1986

odd... Disney has always performed the Christmas parade on the day they record it... I guess since the taping of the actual parade was moved to sunday they decided against it. :shrug:

EPCOTPluto

odd... Disney has always performed the Christmas parade on the day they record it... I guess since the taping of the actual parade was moved to Sunday, they decided against it. :shrug:
That's also given truth.

I hope that GR was wrong and that the Christmas parade would perform at 3pm.

Figment1986

That's also given truth.

I hope that GR was wrong and that the Christmas parade would perform at 3pm.

actually, what I was referring to was a special one day only they would do on that day (the cast was already there and paid for the day :lookaroun)

They typically start performing the parade for day guests the day after the last Christmas party... which would be Christmas week and new years week... (hell week in my terminology)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom