Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

gustaftp

Would the Imagination Theater have not been a better place to have put the EPCOT Revitalization presentation... Imagining the future of EPCOT... Seems like that would have been a better venue than the old restaurant....
No, it's supposed to be something more experiential and less passive. It's done in a similar fashion to when other parks received overhauls.

Plus, I don't think Disney wants to draw attention to the fact that they have nothing planned for the Imagination Pavilion at this stage of the overhaul.

TJJohn12

Would the Imagination Theater have not been a better place to have put the EPCOT Revitalization presentation... Imagining the future of EPCOT... Seems like that would have been a better venue than the old restaurant....

Wouldn't using this as a static exhibit hall ala the Odyssey necessitate pulling out the theatre's motion base? Having people standing on a floor intended to shake and shudder seems... less than safe. Personally, I'd rather see the theatre space reserved for gutting and incorporating into the attraction/Imageworks proper.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Now this is a RUMOR take it with a grain of salt and all that. This applies both to the Redo of Imagination as well to Epcot Forever but it matters more for imagination and that’s why I’m posting it here. As everyone knows in Epcot Forever children and NOT Dreamfinder or Figment sing “One Little Spark” in the show. According to Jim Hill and Len on the latest edition of the Disney Dish this was a very hard decision and basically as Len said it the reason why the children were chosen is “Don’t make promises we cannot keep”. Apparently Imagination is in Phase 2 of Epcot’s re-do and they aren’t sure what they are going to do. Including how big of a role Figment will have as well as if Dreamfinder will even appear. I know this has been said by some insiders over the course of time, but I found these little more tidbits to be interesting.
So, the rumor is that Disney was worried that Figment and Dreamfinder would be too popular and they decided not to include them in the show because they didn’t want to have to give their patrons elements in a ride that would have by that point been proven to be wildly popular and generate huge positive buzz for a park that most desperately needs it?

It’s sad that I could totally see Chapek and the gang using that logic. Passing on a virtual sure thing in hopes that a mildly popular IP will be a slam dunk seems about like if the Lakers decided to trade Lebron for a second round draft pick to be named later.

The Grand Inquisitor

That theme park fans want a new experience surrounding the beloved Figment so badly that they crave any information regarding the Lil' purple dragon that could lead to hope.

Just made me smile. Maybe I'm crazy.
I was just curious if there were any updates regarding a new figment ride or inside out coming to the imagination pavilion. I'm not obsessed over Figment at all bro. I was just wondering if there were any updates. Sorry for asking something about theme parks on a theme park forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

SplashJacket

I was just curious if there were any updates regarding a new figment ride or inside out coming to the imagination pavilion. I'm not obsessed over Figment at all bro. I was just wondering if there were any updates. Sorry for asking something about theme parks on a theme park forum.

No no! It was by no means my intention to ruffle feathers! In hindsight definitely could have worded it better.

I was simply pleased to see Figment getting attention. Brought a legitimate smile to my face.

Last edited by a moderator:

Epcot82Guy

I hate to say it. With current tends, I'm almost more hoping for more merch and silence on the attraction. I don't know that a proper replacement would necessarily get greenlit in today's management. So I'm hoping for a bit later (as much as I would love to see it today).

lazyboy97o

I hope Eric Idle did his voice over a while back - I read that his former Monte Python cohort and soon to be knighted Michael Palin is heartbroken over his friend's mental deterioration
Eric Idle would almost certainly not be in a new version of Imagination. Also, are you sure you are not thinking of Terry Jones, who has dementia and is no longer able to speak?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom