Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

gustaftp

Figment has been annoying guests with skunk scent for 17 years. 18 years if they don't close the ride past 2020.

Katiebug would be annoyed if the skunk scent was eliminated. Flatulence-free Figment would be "unmagical"

I love the new ride! And I love Figment! He is soooo cute! The girls also enjoyed this ride because it's very colorful and things pop out at you. Isn't it funny when Figment farts during the smell part? Funny and stinky.

DoleWhipDrea

I’m pretty surprised that the stink scent has remained this whole time (both at Imagination and It’s Tough to Be a Bug.) Every time I get skunked, I wonder who thought that was actually a good idea, and if they sat through several attraction tests getting the exposure before opening. I’m guessing not.

The worst part is that the scent travels through the rest of the ride and lingers 🤢 I get that in its current iteration it’s used to “drive the plot forward,” but if they’re going to keep dragging their feet on a makeover, couldn’t they at least spare us of the stink?

Inspired Figment

I’m pretty surprised that the stink scent has remained this whole time (both at Imagination and It’s Tough to Be a Bug.) Every time I get skunked, I wonder who thought that was actually a good idea, and if they sat through several attraction tests getting the exposure before opening. I’m guessing not.

The worst part is that the scent travels through the rest of the ride and lingers 🤢 I get that in its current iteration it’s used to “drive the plot forward,” but if they’re going to keep dragging their feet on a makeover, couldn’t they at least spare us of the stink?
No, see, because it’s used to mock the “big stink” Figment (the “interference”) caused, to force Dr. Channing to stop his tour & see that the “Friends of Figment”’s “upside down“ thinking is the best way to explain imagination.
“That’s how you tell a skunk is not a rose” (remember the “pleasant familiar smell” of rose that was featured in the original? *That* is what that’s referencing.)

And then the finale is the “Figment Choir” “blasting” Channing & his institute tour at the end.. get it? Pretty horrible ride, huh?

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

No, see, because it’s used to mock the “big stink” Figment (the “interference”) caused, to force Dr. Channing to stop his tour & see that the “Friends of Figment”’s “upside down“ thinking is the best way to explain imagination.
“That’s how you tell a skunk is not a rose” (remember the “pleasant familiar smell” of rose that was featured in the original? *That* is what that’s referencing.)

And then the finale is the “Figment Choir” “blasting” Channing & his institute tour at the end.. get it? Pretty horrible ride, huh?
It feels like current Star Wars movies blasting other Star Wars movies nowadays. Creative infighting making their way into the final product.

I liked Imagination better when it was about innocent joy.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

You know it’s not skunk right? It’s burnt coffee - which may or may not be better in your opinion, but it’s definitely not skunk.

DoleWhipDrea

I never got the chance to ride the original - had no idea they had a rose scent! Thanks for that tidbit!

...now I’m even more upset about the bad odor.

You know it’s not skunk right? It’s burnt coffee - which may or may not be better in your opinion, but it’s definitely not skunk.

Wasn’t sure what they used for the scent, all I know is that it smells bad, hence my use of the word “stink.” Thanks for the info. Sad that coffee is desecrated in this way. Even sadder that the Imagination Pavilion has suffered these indignities and that guests are blasted with this stench.

What they did to Figment and his characterization is just disappointing. I can only imagine how Tony Baxter must feel. It is kind of amazing that in spite of all that, guests still like him. I guess being a cute little dragon helps compensate for a lot of things.

MrConbon

I’m actually in love with that smell not gonna lie.

FigmentJedi

Again, I don't think they were intentionally dragging Figment and his fanbase because Nigel Channing is portrayed as a boring old man more interested in basic hearing and vision tests then actually trying to spark people's creativity and Figment is putting JIYI on blast for seven minutes.

PolynesianPrincess

I remember the original JIYI SO vividly. It was one of my favorite attractions as a child. The second version was horrible and this one, while better, still can't hold a candle to the original. The only reason we ride the current version is because we just love Figment and need to get our dose of him any way we can! I fear bringing back anything similar to the original will never happen. I think if anything Disney will jam an IP in there and Figment will be lost forever :(

Phil12

I remember the original JIYI SO vividly. It was one of my favorite attractions as a child. The second version was horrible and this one, while better, still can't hold a candle to the original. The only reason we ride the current version is because we just love Figment and need to get our dose of him any way we can! I fear bringing back anything similar to the original will never happen. I think if anything Disney will jam an IP in there and Figment will be lost forever :(
It's the perfect spot for a Frozen II attraction! Then we'll have some characters that children of today can relate to, rather than forcing them to view some nightmare inducing has-been dragon.

PolynesianPrincess

It's the perfect spot for a Frozen II attraction! Then we'll have some characters that children of today can relate to, rather than forcing them to view some nightmare inducing has-been dragon.

There's already a Frozen ride in Norway so it would be silly to make another ride based on the same IP in the same park. I always felt Frozen would have fit in better at MK but...

EJ96

Amazing how Disney has several significant IPs that could easily fit within Future World but refuse to put them there besides stockpiling some of them in the WoL replacement pavilion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom