Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

spacemountaincarlo

This discussion is actually very fascinating to me because as I mentioned in a previous thread, my partner and I had gone to Epcot yesterday and she isn't a Disney fan. Nonetheless, I wanted to *really* make the Imagination pavilion hurt just a bit more for her since she was pretty much a blank slate and had no information prior to yesterday. Before riding the current Imagination, I showed her Martin's video on the original Imagination. She seemed to really enjoy it just based on the video, and when we had gone on the ride, she also realized how big of a travesty this new ride was.

After the ride, we walked around the gift shop and we looked at all of the Figment merch, and they actually sell a lot of it there. Later in the day, we also went into MouseGear and she also pointed out the amount of Figment merch being sold there as well. She actually said to me then, "I never knew Figment was actually this popular, you can totally tell he's popular just based on how much merch of him they sell, why won't Disney make a better ride for him at this point? Are they dumb?" If even a non-Disney, non-EPCOT Center superfan like her can see that Disney is actually really missing out here, it's really baffling to me that there isn't any executive who can see this.

Homemade Imagineering

This discussion is actually very fascinating to me because as I mentioned in a previous thread, my partner and I had gone to Epcot yesterday and she isn't a Disney fan. Nonetheless, I wanted to *really* make the Imagination pavilion hurt just a bit more for her since she was pretty much a blank slate and had no information prior to yesterday. Before riding the current Imagination, I showed her Martin's video on the original Imagination. She seemed to really enjoy it just based on the video, and when we had gone on the ride, she also realized how big of a travesty this new ride was.

After the ride, we walked around the gift shop and we looked at all of the Figment merch, and they actually sell a lot of it there. Later in the day, we also went into MouseGear and she also pointed out the amount of Figment merch being sold there as well. She actually said to me then, "I never knew Figment was actually this popular, you can totally tell he's popular just based on how much merch of him they sell, why won't Disney make a better ride for him at this point? Are they dumb?" If even a non-Disney, non-EPCOT Center superfan like her can see that Disney is actually really missing out here, it's really baffling to me that there isn't any executive who can see this.
Yeah I agree, bob and bob are blind... there is a solution to the problem that’s right in front of them, and for some reason is seems they avoid it at all costs.

gustaftp

I can’t tell if Disney loves figment or just doesn’t care about him, because in most instances they will pump out figment merch and advertise him with EPCOT, and then there is the side of me that thinks that a portion of the company just doesn’t care about figment, take example with the narration situation, along with the fact that they haven’t bothered to give him an updated ride yet.

999th Happy Haunt

So...this is a thing!

Timothy_Q

I really can't figure out what their goal is with Figment. He seems to be everywhere right now (which is awesome), yet the terrible incarnation if the ride lingers with no pending announcement. The Disney Epcot trolling continues...
Martin has said the current plan is to close Imagination once SSE opens back up.

The budget is already allocated for it

Homemade Imagineering

Martin has said the current plan is to close Imagination once SSE opens back up.

The budget is already allocated for it
I think what I really care about right now is an announcement coming soon, hopefully, because an announcement will confirm to us what is to become of imagination and it will create a massive hype buildup, if it is something that we want. I’m sure Disney knows what the fans want, and I do have faith that they’ll find a proper solution to please everyone.

Timothy_Q

I think what I really care about right now is an announcement coming soon, hopefully, because an announcement will confirm to us what is to become of imagination and it will create a massive hype buildup, if it is something that we want. I’m sure Disney knows what the fans want, and I do have faith that they’ll find a proper solution to please everyone.
An announcement would be great, but judging by the SSE and Mary Poppins announcements, I wouldn't expect any specifics

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom