Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Now this is a RUMOR take it with a grain of salt and all that. This applies both to the Redo of Imagination as well to Epcot Forever but it matters more for imagination and that’s why I’m posting it here. As everyone knows in Epcot Forever children and NOT Dreamfinder or Figment sing “One Little Spark” in the show. According to Jim Hill and Len on the latest edition of the Disney Dish this was a very hard decision and basically as Len said it the reason why the children were chosen is “Don’t make promises we cannot keep”. Apparently Imagination is in Phase 2 of Epcot’s re-do and they aren’t sure what they are going to do. Including how big of a role Figment will have as well as if Dreamfinder will even appear. I know this has been said by some insiders over the course of time, but I found these little more tidbits to be interesting.
Figment was the original proposal for the narrator of Forever.

Cmdr_Crimson

I think they mostly used kids because kids "inspire hope for the future" I guess .... I didn't mind the kids but I know some did (why?)
giphy.gif

brb1006

UGH... WHY GOD WHY! WHY!... Who in the hell shot that down I mean that is like a no brainier "YESSSS!!!!" idea to have figment narrate it (2nd only to the Horizons Family doing the Narration)
I would have love to hear Figment's voice during the preshow announcing how many minute left until the show starts. Heck, at least the Epcot Forever merch would have made more sense since Figment is featured on them.

Homemade Imagineering

I can’t tell if Disney loves figment or just doesn’t care about him, because in most instances they will pump out figment merch and advertise him with EPCOT, and then there is the side of me that thinks that a portion of the company just doesn’t care about figment, take example with the narration situation, along with the fact that they haven’t bothered to give him an updated ride yet.

Cmdr_Crimson

I would have love to hear Figment's voice during the preshow announcing how many minute left until the show starts. Heck, at least the Epcot Forever merch would have made more sense since Figment is featured on them.
Too bad they didn't have other recordings of Billy Barty they could have used similar to the Ducky Nash clips in Philharmagic and Walt Clips in Get A Horse.

Hollywood 1939

I don't think I can imagine Figment saying, "Soarin' to tower, we are ready for takeoff!"

Trying to look on the plus side: since the narrator role eventually went to children, maybe this means they were toying with the idea of returning to Figment's original child-like personality. Probably a stretch but nice to think about...

FigmentJedi

I can’t tell if Disney loves figment or just doesn’t care about him, because in most instances they will pump out figment merch and advertise him with EPCOT, and then there is the side of me that thinks that a portion of the company just doesn’t care about figment, take example with the narration situation, along with the fact that they haven’t bothered to give him an updated ride yet.
They know he sells, but they just don't get why he sells. Like just look at Iger's whole "Shocked that the Figment comics were a huge hit" response.

Cmdr_Crimson

I don't think I can imagine Figment saying, "Soarin' to tower, we are ready for takeoff!"

Trying to look on the plus side: since the narrator role eventually went to children, maybe this means they were toying with the idea of returning to Figment's original child-like personality. Probably a stretch but nice to think about...
I'm sure there were plans for soundbytes from attractions to be used during the show they just couldn't figure it out..

pdude81

Figment was the original proposal for the narrator of Forever.

I guess if I couple this with declaration the podcast rumor then I could see making Figment the narrator of this show as "making a promise they [absolutely can but might not] keep". If they are selling us on all this future change with Figment being the guy that takes you through it all, THAT would lend a little more credence to him being a big part of the future.

But we get nothing except some vague reference to them possible switching up the Imageworks for more meet and greets next year.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom