Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

OSX

Good point. My profile is now public so that everybody can stop by and give me compliments about the wonderful job I am doing as Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman.
I know this is off topic, but what kind of file system are you programmed to?

pdude81

😕 well, hopefully they don’t decide on demolition in that case I guess. Then again, it’s just a proposal and nothing is official yet. Also, do you happen to know if Disney has a proposal that they are leaning towards a bit more than the others at the moment?
He's said that we're a good 4 years out... and knowing that they don't always even build what they announce at D23 I think any leanings would mean almost nothing at this point. Just keep buying Figment stuff and requesting they do him justice moving forward

tribbleorlfl

There was no sinkhole. It’s an urban myth like having to dismantle Everest to fix the yeti.
That didn't stop a former WDI employee on these boards from continuing that urban myth (I still have the PM from him)... ;)
It was a myth that kept getting repeated until people believed it, kind of like how the internet influences other issues right now. ;)
And I'll throw in the same thing I say every time this topic comes up. My dad was on the Horizons Maintenance team the first time it was shut down, so I've asked him about this. He said there WAS foundational cracking that could have been sinkhole-related, but doesn't know for sure (since he's an electrical engineer not a structural engineer, and was transferred to another team when it closed and didn't return back to EPCOT until after Mission Space was open). Even if there was small sinkhole discovered, he doesn't buy that's the reason it was demolished (that would be the high maintenance cost and lack of a sponsor).

lazyboy97o

And I'll throw in the same thing I say every time this topic comes up. My dad was on the Horizons Maintenance team the first time it was shut down, so I've asked him about this. He said there WAS foundational cracking that could have been sinkhole-related, but doesn't know for sure (since he's an electrical engineer not a structural engineer, and was transferred to another team when it closed and didn't return back to EPCOT until after Mission Space was open). Even if there was small sinkhole discovered, he doesn't buy that's the reason it was demolished (that would be the high maintenance cost and lack of a sponsor).
Building a basement into a sinkhole isn’t exactly a sensible or cheap thing to do. The structural system of Mission: SPACE is simple and boring, also not something done with sinkholes.

Homemade Imagineering

If Disney goes with the proposal that includes dreamfinder, I think a smart idea of queue theming would be to have the queue be the library from the comics, where dreamfinder introduces figment in a preshow, so the ride would be able to jump straight to action with an adventure alongside dreamfinder and figment. Also, I could totally see Disney duplicating rocket raccoon’s animatronic mech with slight modifications to become a figment animatronic for the new attraction. I would love to see a walking figment animatronic!!

DoleWhipDrea

There was no sinkhole. It’s an urban myth like having to dismantle Everest to fix the yeti.

Ugh. I thought Marty Sklar confirmed the sinkhole in an interview? Obviously the loss of sponsorship and cost of maintenance were additional main factors...it’s disappointing to hear that he wasn’t being truthful.

I’m still going to hold out hope that the glass pyramids stay. Granted this entire thread is about hoping things we love about EPCOT don’t get destroyed...and Disney’s track record hasn’t been kind.

Brer Oswald

Was the Eisner era that bad that they legitimately had little maintenance done on their attractions?
Keep in mind that they wanted to close this attraction years before ‘99, and they only reopened it because their hand was forced, what with all the closures at the time on that side of Future World.

Homemade Imagineering

5:16 I know some of you guys discussed how when he said this, it got a tremendous audience reaction, in which it Definately did. Hopefully Disney took note of this, as it shows just how much people love the original attraction ( V 1 ). Now, many of you may be thinking, well of course it got a big audience reaction because we fans Definately love the original imagination attraction, but doesn’t Disney already know that the fans want dreamfinder and the original imagination attraction back in some form or another? Well of course they do, of course they have realized that we fans want all of this back. However, to say that imagination has been ignored in its current state is a total understatement. They have been able to ignore it for nearly 20 years, and all of these years have kept us fans waiting for something to finally happen. Like I’ve mentioned before, they are now in a state where ignoring it is basically impossible at this point with Epcot’s renovation around the corner, and are going to have to do something with imagination. What I’m trying to say here, is that we need to keep showing interest in the return of dreamfinder, show our interest in figment, and we need to make this more obvious than we ever have before. So what can you do to show this interest? Well, for one, we can certainly keep this thread alive for a long time, create dreamfinder and figment appreciation threads, send letters to the Walt Disney company expressing our love and interest for imagination, and the return of something amazing, and don’t stop these letters. Keep sending new ones every now and then, but do it politely. The most important thing we have to focus on, no matter how angry we may get, is to not let anger take over our emotions and make us turn mad. We need to stay calm, peaceful, and we need to do this while at the same time showing our love for what the original imagination stood for in a clear and obvious, but peaceful manner. Basically, do anything to let Disney know how much this means to all of us, and hopefully they will listen to us fans, and bring imagination back to its former glory. I also want to thank @marni1971 again, for bringing us all of this useful information of proposals, and much more, and thanks for responding to all of our questions on this forum to your best ability! I really respect that, I think we all do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom