Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

OSX

What I’m trying to say here, is that we need to keep showing interest in the return of dreamfinder, show our interest in figment, and we need to make this more obvious than we ever have before. So what can you do to show this interest? Well, for one, we can certainly keep this thread alive for a long time, create dreamfinder and figment appreciation threads, send letters to the Walt Disney company expressing our love and interest for imagination, and the return of something amazing, and don’t stop these letters. Keep sending new ones every now and then, but do it politely. The most important thing we have to focus on, no matter how angry we may get, is to not let anger take over our emotions and make us turn mad. We need to stay calm, peaceful, and we need to do this while at the same time showing our love for what the original imagination stood for in a clear and obvious, but peaceful manner. Basically, do anything to let Disney know how much this means to all of us, and hopefully they will listen to us fans, and bring imagination back to its former glory.
If the last big ‘movement’ that involved a certain “toad that drove wild” taught us anything, it’s that whatever is coming is coming and there is nothing we can do to stop it. Much like Thanos, it’s inevitable.

Homemade Imagineering

If the last big ‘movement’ that involved a certain “toad that drove wild” taught us anything, it’s that whatever is coming is coming and there is nothing we can do to stop it. Much like Thanos, it’s inevitable.
Lol nice reference there. I do see where you are coming from, but it definitely doesn’t hurt to try. There is only so much we can do at this point, and unlike Mr. Toads situation, Disney is still trying to decide on what they want to do with imagination at the moment, and things are flexible right now. Nothing is official.

Goofyernmost

The original mission statement wouldn’t change if Imagination goes away.
Yes, of course it will, (I am assuming that you are asking a question and not making a statement here). I was being somewhat sarcastic about it. The reason I am is because Epcot's original mission died a quick death the day that they changed the name from EPCOT Ctr. to just Epcot. At that point it became a unique, but absolute "just another theme park" and that was ages ago. Nothing except the two that so far are not slated for another change being The Seas and The Land are anywhere near the original. The whining about adding Nemo to The Seas is almost laughable. That little ride under the sea was not even used for years and then they put in a few projections lengthened the ride a little and only did part of it as projection. Other then that it was the same as before. The land lost shows that actually should have been in Wonders of Life. Kitchen Cabaret and it's replacement were about health and nutrition. At least Soarin was flying over THE LAND and seeing the magnitude of it's different manifestations. However, other then that EPCOT was dead, but not buried.

Just because they are talking about making the name Epcot back to EPCOT is more of an insult then a gift. The people that never saw the original won't care if it is all in Caps. and it is a fake homage to warm the hearts of the ones that did.

All that said, if they do it right it will be a pleasant place to spend a day in. If in World Showcase they add some IP's to keep the kids amused, it still remains what it was originally almost to the letter. The only thing that changed were the amusement park type additions to some of the Pavilions. Not the identity. It becomes more of a place for fun then an travel program to entice tourism.

Last edited:

DoleWhipDrea

But that movement only began once Disney announced officially that they would be getting rid of Toad, didn’t it? If we can start a movement before Disney makes a decision, we might actually have a shot. Once things get greenlit they’re past listening to the public’s response.

I’ve been thinking about creating a site with information on where to send letters to get people motivated to express their love of Figment and Dreamfinder. We need to individually and collectively express to Disney what we want to see.

ImperfectPixie

But that movement only began once Disney announced officially that they would be getting rid of Toad, didn’t it? If we can start a movement before Disney makes a decision, we might actually have a shot. Once things get greenlit they’re past listening to the public’s response.

I’ve been thinking about creating a site with information on where to send letters to get people motivated to express their love of Figment and Dreamfinder. We need to individually and collectively express to Disney what we want to see.
If you do, please make sure I get a link...I know TONS of people that would be all over that...including myself.

Homemade Imagineering

This is an amazing idea!!!!

gustaftp

I'm sure that engineering can figure out a new way to maintain those glass panels from the inside if they were to gut the Pavilion rather than knock it down and start over.

A building similar to Imagination remarkably in style, age, and architecture but larger and grander was recently redone, including reinforcing all the 11,000 panes of glass and repainting the space frame that holds them all up. Lots of money was spent, but definitely well-worth it. While it will be easier to maintain for years to come, I suspect it still will need lots of Windex and yearly window washings: The Rebirth of the OC's Crystal Cathedral

Other than that I don't really understand why they'd want to go through all the trouble of demolition. People don't knock down McMansions to build ranches on the same property...
I don't understand why they'd want to demolish either. However, I don't think that is a great analogy. There's nothing original nor beloved about McMansions. However, people do indeed knock down beautiful, sturdy, and historic Mansions to build McMansions: Lake Minnetonka's Historic Pillsbury Mansion demolished

pdude81

I used McMansion rather than "giant house" because they are all relatively new (modern plumbing and electrical, some air sealing, no asbestos) and functional while being pretty generic on the inside and easy to remodel. Older homes and buildings tend to have issues with structure or infrastructure (wiring, plumbing, hazardous materials, etc.) and are sometimes destroyed rather than re-purposed because of the higher cost of safe renovations relative to knocking a building down and starting over. My analogy is really just saying that people wouldn't normally knock down a 4000sf home in good working order to build a 2000sf home in it's place. I especially don't see why Disney would spend money on demolition to build a smaller space when they could just as easily use any excess for storage or meeting characters. This is their approach with Guardians and the Play Pavilion and it makes sense. Where I would understand demolition, especially if talking about Magic Eye, is if the flow of guests in that area needs to change and it just doesn't work any other way.

DoleWhipDrea

Wow, thank you so so much for creating this website!!!! I really hope this is the start of a big movement!!!!!

I’m happy to do it and thank you for being so supportive!❤️ I will be adding more information there over the next few days, encompassing more of the history of the Imagination Pavilion and essentially writing why it’s so special.

I agree that the extra space currently inside the pavilion has a lot of potential. I want to see the actual ride length get extended of course, but even with that they would still have plenty of room for a significant retail section on the first floor while bringing an updated ImageWorks and meet and greet space on the second floor.

Then there’s also the movie theater...hmm. I wonder if Disney wants to create a new film celebrating Disney’s creative and technical advancements? Or is it just going to keep on playing Pixar shorts?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom