Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

brb1006

So As YoU cAn SeE ImAgInAtIoN WoRkS BeSt WhEn ItS sEt FrEe
Can't believe we have to deal with this guy for a couple more years!
1*fu8dm1ryQQ2FLaCSls29Vw.jpeg

You will never be like Dreamfinder Nigel!
tumblr_opo18a4PNh1rtn2elo1_1280.jpg

Phineas

I can't even imagine how terrible that must have been. That made me tear up a little.
Honestly, yeah. And I was young, I didn’t know/care about things like pulling of corporate sponsorships, or what that meant at Epcot.

I just remember riding around in darkness, being startled/scared of the machines exploding in my face, (I swear they were louder and more intense in V2 than they are now) and feeling cheated.

sedati

Maybe to you but I think most would agree the second was a bigger abomination
I disagree. When I rode version two I was disappointed but I felt they at least came up with a whole new concept that on it's own made sense. Paired with Honey I Shrunk the Audience, the pavilion had a cohesive theme as well.
Version three just upsets me. It is insulting for anyone who loved the original. I'd rather not have the pandering nods and bratty humor. I've only done it twice. The first time was more than enough. On the next visit I wanted to skip it, but we had time to kill and someone who wanted to see what it was like. I thought at least there's AC, but it couldn't compensate for my blood boiling.
Version 4 or something else entirely please A.S.A.P.

Homemade Imagineering

I talked about this earlier along with some others on this forum, about how mystic manor could easily be tweaked to imagination, and here is a simple proposal. Same exact ride system, and the beginning will be similar in that it stops in a room,( just like how mystic manor stops in a room when you first see Albert and Henry) with A1000 animatronics of dreamfinder and figment aboard dreamfinders blimp. This will be useful because they won’t have to deal with any issues constantly, like the turntable caused back in JII. After this, just like the original, you travel through some new original scenes in this one and some of the old scenes with updated effects, and the finale can be where you see dreamfinder with figment on his shoulder, and this finale will be filled with mist and light fog to simulate clouds, and they will be singing an all new instrumental version of one little spark, and the whole finale room is projection mapped with clouds and a big rainbow combined with some physical sets as well.

WDW Pro

Well, on the good side, with the relaunch of Epcot we may be getting a new Dreamfinder and Figment Meet and Greet. I don't know this for sure, but there are some strong signs from a couple of things going on inside the company. Things can change when we project out too far into the future, but as of now Journey Into Imagination is planned to be totally revamped in the mid 2020s. Now that some of the secrecy is gone for Epcot, I'm getting a lot more information; they had hoped to get a redo for JII earlier, but the budget for the Epcot changes is already massive, so that has to be deferred until a later date.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I'm also guessing that things are still so fluid with the next incarnation of Imagination, that they couldn't commit to where it fits in the "neighborhoods". I think many are wildly reading into things that they really shouldn't at this point. I mean the thing isn't going to change (or go down) until 2023, a solid 3 and half years away.

DoleWhipDrea

D23 used to focus on announcing things more than 2 years ahead at the Parks presentation, which is why the presentation this past Sunday was somewhat disappointing. This time the Imagineering section of the floor felt, well...kind of empty, compared to past D23s. The whole thing felt very corporate.

I’m disappointed that we were teased with words like “spark” and “imagination” repeatedly during the presentation and the mention of Figment (which was unquestionably one of the biggest audience reactions from the presentation) and then didn’t get an announcement. BUT since Disney took a different approach with all of D23 this year with announcements and timelines, I am still confident that they’re going to upgrade the Imagination Pavilion.

In the meantime, it’s imperative that we keep letting Disney know how much we want refreshed Journey Into Imagination ala the original, that we want Dreamfinder and the original spirit of Figment back. Write them. Buy the Figment merchandise if you can. The higher ups might not understand what made original EPCOT great, but they understand money. And since Bob Chapek insists that they listen to guest feedback about what we want, a letter from every original JII fan could make all the difference for what we’ll see in the Pavilion 6ish years from now. Now is the time (now is the best time.)

Last edited:

Mike S

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom