Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Gringrinngghost

I was so hoping you were going to see the post. This is the exact response I wanted.

bubbles1812

Nothing has changed since last month.

A new attraction is coming. It is still several years away.

A betting man would say it’ll close around the time SSE reopens.
I hope so. I forgave the destruction of the original Backlot. I forgave them for Mr Toad. I forgave them for Snow White. I can live without Buzzy or even Horizons... Journey is the only ride I’ve never been able to get over. It was my family’s favorite ride and it was just so butchered. I think that made it worse than if they had just replaced it entirely.

As for the closing, no shock. Just too much construction to shut down even a crappy ride. Though it was still a little disappointing that no announcement was made.

BlakeW39

Imag is currently slated to reopen in 2025. The further timelines go, the more fluid they become ;)

I certainly hope so. On a side note, I really hope you guys get an EPCOT that feels... true. I've always liked the idea of EPCOT but I didn't ever ride the original Imagination; I guess you could say DAK would be to me what EPCOT would be to you, and I'd be just as livid if they treated DAK as they have EPCOT.

What I've heard recently sounds good and the new Future World domains and names seem to be suggesting that they're adressing the Tomorrowland problem - but what do you think? Are you feeling a little bit more hopeful?

@marni1971 thank you for everything you can give us! No ones perfect, and there is no way you can know and interpret every move they make without being in those rooms. Were lucky to have what you have given us, and continue to do!

I second this. When a certain marine mammal came around it felt like some of us forgot who the REAL OG was and always will be. Props to you boss @marni1979 ✊🏽

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I hope so. I forgave the destruction of the original Backlot. I forgave them for Mr Toad. I forgave them for Snow White. I can live without Buzzy or even Horizons... Journey is the only ride I’ve never been able to get over. It was my family’s favorite ride and it was just so butchered. I think that made it worse than if they had just replaced it entirely.

As for the closing, no shock. Just too much construction to shut down even a crappy ride. Though it was still a little disappointing that no announcement was made.

I can understand that, definitely. Horizons was my favorite, but I shudder to think if they made another one with a shoestring budget, half the length of track and try to redefine what it was.

Phineas

Maybe to you but I think most would agree the second was a bigger abomination

I remember running to Imagination on a family trip as a preteen after remembering how much I loved Figment and Dreamfinder in the original. Imagination was the priority, I had to see that amazing turntable scene and hear One Little Spark again. I was unaware it had been changed since our last trip.

Without hyperbole, it was like finding out Santa wasn’t real all over again. I was totally gutted, just like the ride had been.

Yes, the current ride is completely lacking, but you’re right: V2 was abominable.

HMFan999

I remember running to Imagination on a family trip as a preteen after remembering how much I loved Figment and Dreamfinder in the original. Imagination was the priority, I had to see that amazing turntable scene and hear One Little Spark again. I was unaware it had been changed since our last trip.

Without hyperbole, it was like finding out Santa wasn’t real all over again. I was totally gutted, just like the ride had been.

Yes, the current ride is completely lacking, but you’re right: V2 was abominable.
I can't even imagine how terrible that must have been. That made me tear up a little.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom